Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=556696
Batting spectacular  Endurance world class
Bowling dreadful  Technique exceptional
Keeping exceptional  Power world class
Fielding outstanding

I overpaid, I know, but with this and the earlier purchase, I will not relegate in SOD this season, I can guarantee it.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Justin Bieber

Pricey indeed but at least has solid all round skills so can easily play out 2 more seasons. Lets see if he's able to keep you afloat despite those massive rating gaps :-X.

And pwoah, great effort PB, especially rating like that :o. Certainly the fatigue hit is gonna hurt the Div 1 survival chances, luckily you're willing to spend to help your chances of staying up ;).

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 01, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
And pwoah, great effort PB, especially rating like that :o. Certainly the fatigue hit is gonna hurt the Div 1 survival chances, luckily you're willing to spend to help your chances of staying up ;).
I always have and always will put SOD first. The guys that play PC are those fit to play. Thankfully T20 today and next week I can afford to play mostly 2nd stringers to win the matches. :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on July 01, 2014, 04:51:44 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 01, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
I always have and always will put SOD first. The guys that play PC are those fit to play. Thankfully T20 today and next week I can afford to play mostly 2nd stringers to win the matches. :)
I'm similar, SOD is #1 followed by T20 and then PC. Most cash will come from the SOD so obvious first preference for the players.

And so lucky you're able to play second stringers and win the matches! I tried that for fatigue in T20 and cost me the win, although was close (probs closer than if I had the ratings added :P).

Nails

Currently coming 2nd in the 2nd toughest/highest ranked OD league in the entire game :o

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nails on July 05, 2014, 01:33:26 AM
Currently coming 2nd in the 2nd toughest/highest ranked OD league in the entire game :o
labrooys rating sorta bumps it a little.

PowerBug

Scouting the opposition:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/game.htm?gameId=2832609

Match starts in 2 hours. My third attempt to pass round 5 in Pav Cup, fair to say I've put a fair amount of time into this one. My opponent has all his players revealed which is nice, however all 22 of his players are fit to play, which makes it just as difficult trying to work out what I am up against.

Just so I have somewhere to gloat if I get it right (::)) , here is my prediction on his XI:
E. Hanna (Opener)
MQ Lubbers (Boundary Hitter)
C. Berty
A. Khan
A van Leeuwenhoek (wk)
L. Hinkelaar (Finisher)
P. Heyn (rws)
M. de Ruyter (rfm, Yorker)
A. Shah (rm, Swing)
C. Shehan (rfs, Doosra)
F. Shah (rf)

It's effectively his best team, only one change from the side he played last Sunday. So I say it'll rate 220k, so that means I need a side that rates at least 200k. Thanks to my very easy T20 game in a couple of days, I can put in a side that is very strong, not quite my strongest side.

I've decided on an Uneven pitch to compliment the Cloudy weather. The pitch started the week on Green, I moved it to Sticky (Green -> Uneven -> Sticky) and left it there for a couple of days. It moved back to Uneven an hour ago as judging by his login times, he will not see the change and am hoping he goes in with the 2 spinners, which I have got in his lineup. Should he log in, then both spinners will be out and two other seamers will come in, then I reckon it'll be really tough for me to win.

So my XI is as follows:
A. Challenor
W. Wardlaw (Opener)
F. Butt (Accumulator)
G. Prime (Accumulator)
S. Watson (wk, Spin Spec)
K. Horton (Finisher)
H. Roach (rfm, AR)
D. Oldfield (rm, Old Ball Bowler)
P. Keane (lfm)
J. Kuhlengisa (rfm, Slower Ball)
A. Zahra (lf, Pure Awesomeness)

This will rate just over 200k, no fatigue issues for me either. Looking forward to this one, I hope it's a classic match (With me sneaking home ;))

Edit: Late change, Franklin Byrd out for Andrew Challenor. Strengthening the batting lineup a little.

BratPack

Kuhlengisa will see you home, he's Brat Pack so you know he's class  :P

PowerBug

Yeha he is gun.

Edward Hanna
Vernon Heine (c)
Chaminda Berty
Rao Maqsood
Harry Lamb

Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (wk)
Piet Heyn

Maarten Tromp
Adiraja Sakib
Kate Middleton
Chris Sheahan

So I got 6 right. three weaker bats are in. Middleton weaker fast bowler, Tromp is a medium. But most importantly, two spinners in the Uneven/Cloudy, exactly what I wanted to see.

BratPack

Some of you guys are nuts in the TM. And I don't just mean Nails  :P

PowerBug

haha ikr. Firesales and people go crazy :o

End of over 44 (2 runs) - PowerBugCC(172-10) RR 3.91
C. Sheahan (rfs) 6.5-0-22-2, J. Kuhlengisa 1 (2b)

Considering I was 43/5 I'm going to take that with both hands and run away gleefully.

Harry Roach with his first ever One Day fifty for me, what a good time to bring that up! 88 run partnership between him and Georg Prime helped me to that total. Time to defend it!

Torpedo10

Quote from: BratPack on July 06, 2014, 05:56:53 PM
Who? I think my buy (Erin Hosie) was pretty good. I've got my eye on a few more of Dougs players too.

PowerBug

13.2 W Kuhlengisa to Hanna : He shuffled across his stumps looking to work to leg and was struck in front by Kuhlengisa.
E. Hanna lbw b. J. Kuhlengisa 28 (50b 1x4 1x6) SR:56.00

Kuhlengisa gets the first, long overdue though. Zahra was crap and just leaked runs in his 5 overs.

BratPack

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 06, 2014, 06:14:03 PM
Quote from: BratPack on July 06, 2014, 05:56:53 PM
Who? I think my buy (Erin Hosie) was pretty good. I've got my eye on a few more of Dougs players too.

To be honest I meant you and Cookie

Cookie311993

I was just looking out for a Bermudan Nat. We can't afford to lose another batsman to one of those cheat sides