From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Keep YOUR mitts off him.

Master Q

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 09, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
Didnt want a shot at a 2nd term Q?
Nah, I had more free time last year, I'm too busy to manage a team for another two seasons, maybe I'll do it again in the future.

What about you? You running?

valkorum

Quote from: Nails on June 10, 2014, 09:48:47 AM
Keep YOUR mitts off him.

What's it worth to me ;)

Seeing as you already stole Luke Grimes from me.

Nails

Dhaka warriors    The Nailers
Batting - Top Order    14,469    13,301
Batting - Middle Order    10,576    10,814
Batting - Tail    4,174    4,870
Bowling - Seam    14,439 (16)    13,192 (16)
Bowling - Spin    14,043 (4)    15,576 (4)
Fielding/Keeping    16,224    15,336
Overall    233,180    225,425

End of over 18 (maiden) - Dhaka warriors(85-10). 36 runs required from 2 overs. RR 4.72 RRR 18.00

The Nailers won by 35 runs

Playing in the big leagues now. MR down a bit due to pav cup fatigue. Totally forgot I had 2 bowlers set aside for the last pav cup match but forgot to use them.

JBs-Hawks

His manager offered him to me first, so you two run along please  :P

And Yea Q another term for me, first term was about rebuilding and the second will be consolidating and making some WCs.

Nails

Quote from: valkorum on June 10, 2014, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 10, 2014, 09:48:47 AM
Keep YOUR mitts off him.

What's it worth to me ;)

Seeing as you already stole Luke Grimes from me.

It's worth everything. It's going to hurt the amount of guns I can get in, but I need this fella. I'm not as impress by Grimes anymore.

AFEV

With no training talent and a wage like that he won't be as good as you think he will be.

valkorum

Quote from: Sid on June 10, 2014, 03:27:44 PM
With no training talent and a wage like that he won't be as good as you think he will be.

Sid, I dont know what planet you are on but he is an absolute GUN

Week 2 and these stats

Batting   reasonable   Endurance   average
Bowling   reasonable   Technique   reasonable
Keeping   ordinary   Power   average
Fielding   reasonable

Nails

Have you seen the fella we're currently talking about? He's already the gun of all guns.

Highest waged 16yo in the game.

Master Q

Just saw him now  :o

AFEV

Yeah, he's a jet, but 3m?
Once again, no training talent and the wage.
With those skills, his wage looks to be about the lowest you'd imagine it would be so I don't think he has high prim SR.
No bowling talent either, so you can make him an AR but even as an FM - Probably not really going to be a dangerous bowler.

Or, you could make him a pure batsman, which would be a bit of a waste.

He's the best 16 year old in the game at the moment, but without a training talent he'll gradually fall back to the pack is all I am saying. Every week for the rest of his career, other players will be gaining on him.

All that being said, Valk, please buy him so that I can pick him up as a 20 year old and save him from Nails' affiliate which may or may not have any success. :P

Nails

He's a stud Ax. All reas/reas turn into studs with or without training talents.

I'm not 100% on training speed for all rounders @ 16yo but can't you nearly get a full set of prims per season in youths?

Therefore like exp/exp/exp as about to turn 20yo.

AFEV

He's a stud, yes.
But you have to scrutinise heavily when you spend 3m on any player.

Nails

TBH because he's already ahead on primaries I think a gifted talent would almost be a waste. There's only so many prims you can put into a player. Once he's what his owner is happy with him prim wise then it'd be pointless.

For an AR I'd say double batting talent is very good, almost enables you to leave the bat primary and turn him into super bowler.

Not what I would do but theoretically could he be made like exp(or outs)/wc/wc ? Probs not, but imagine.

AFEV

There's no way he'll get to those kinds of levels without a serious dip in secondaries, and even then he'd getting well on by the time he made it that far.

Gifted talent wouldn't be a waste, if he gets to outs/excep/excep down the track, well a gifted primary could knock a whole season of training off over that journey, which is an extra season of training in something else.

'A waste'.

Okay.