From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Master Q

Just play your young guys Koop. Leagues come first.

Nails

Cookie - RE: my team getting too old, am beginning to add in some younger more future players. Will probably sell a 31yo, 29yo and 27yo now. 27yo is expert experience AR so meh. 31yo = plopping and 29yo = not in best XV let alone XI

Oh and we should do our runs soon :P

Added these two players to the team:

Vernon Gomes >> Details
Player Info

25 years | 51,740 rating | $16,064 wage (0% discount)

Right hand batsman | Left arm Medium
Talents   Gifted (Bowling)
Nationality   West Indies West Indies
Form   average
Fatigue   rested
Experience   expert
Captaincy   reasonable
Skills Summary
Batsman   reasonable
Bowler   outstanding
Keeper   poor
Allrounder   reliable

Notes
Skills
Batting   average    Endurance   accomplished
Bowling   exceptional    Technique   exceptional
Keeping   poor    Power   average
Fielding   accomplished

^ fielding/power then all good

John Hendriks >> Details
Player Info

24 years | 57,475 rating | $18,944 wage (0% discount)

Left hand batsman | Left arm Finger spin
Talents   Accumulator
Nationality   West Indies West Indies
Form   capable
Fatigue   rested
Experience   accomplished
Captaincy   capable
Skills Summary
Batsman   spectacular
Bowler   average
Keeper   spectacular
Allrounder   reasonable

Notes
Skills
Batting   exceptional    Endurance   capable
Bowling   ordinary    Technique   spectacular
Keeping   world class    Power   ordinary
Fielding   accomplished    

^ endo/fielding should see him get a tech pop.

When he hits 25yo as an excep/wc/excep with outs/spec fielding will be looking really good. Power training all day. Love his talent.

Cookie311993

Gomes was overpriced, that's why I stayed away from him. Hendricks is a good player, you just need to sell off your old fart wicket keeper. With your buying habits though you need to do something with your recruitment. Bring in high experience 20 year olds each season or something

Nails

IMO good price for Gomes. Could be an excep/excep medium with outs fielding and elite power @ 28-29yo. You could sell him then for like the same price or maybe a bit more.

Maybe I won't sell those 3 just yet and go on a pav cup run. The question is though will I be able to sell them for as much then? IDK.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Nails on June 01, 2014, 08:19:38 PM
IMO good price for Gomes. Could be an excep/excep medium with outs fielding and elite power @ 28-29yo. You could sell him then for like the same price or maybe a bit more.

Maybe I won't sell those 3 just yet and go on a pav cup run. The question is though will I be able to sell them for as much then? IDK.
Nobody will pay good money for a 31 year old unless you last until round 7 or 8 of the PC. When teams are pushing for promotion.
Imo mediums are useless without plans of taking them to world class/world class

Nails

You do need economical bowlers. You can't just have 100% strike bowlers :-X

excep/excep medium can be a killer on friendly pitches

Torpedo10

Are you joking cookies. My experience from Mediums is that they are most effective as Excep/Excep with WC/Elite Power.

Torpedo10

I don't think cookie or I have really been focusing on batracer over the past few days....

PowerBug

My experience with mediums says they only need to be spec/spec and they can hold their own in Div 1. ;)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

chrisuzz

or rel/accom if they are dorenghama

Master Q

As long as they are called Vagner Love they should be fine

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 01, 2014, 09:22:21 PM
Are you joking cookies. My experience from Mediums is that they are most effective as Excep/Excep with WC/Elite Power.
Nope. World class/world class makes them more economical and can also make them potential wicket takers

Torpedo10

Quote from: Cookie311993 on June 01, 2014, 09:52:11 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 01, 2014, 09:22:21 PM
Nope. World class/world class makes them more economical and can also make them potential wicket takers
obviously if they don't lose out on secondaries they'll be better as WC/WC but a WC/WC med with only Expert or Outstanding power is not as effective as a high secondaries Exc/Exc.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 01, 2014, 09:23:27 PM
I don't think cookie or I have really been focusing on batracer over the past few days....

Speaking of which. Nails and Torps, do your runs