Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

@ML
Wage discounts for loyal players, and a bot flush after each season. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

MajorLazer

Cookie311993

Quote from: Nails on April 18, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Welcome back  ML

D. Lynch 2-0-6-0, E. MacNamara 2 (4b), S. Logan 31 (38b)
End of over 13 (1 run) - Smiddie's All Stars(52-3). 158 runs required from 37 overs. RR 4.00 RRR 4.27

This is a very important match. I'm 1st ahead of 2nd (not Smiddie). But I'm only 1 game ahead of 2nd. I think there's 4 teams I'm a genuine chance at losing to.

One being the guy I beat last week, another smiddie today. Then I have TEETERS next week and 2nd place in the final week.

Therefore really need to win this game or I'm in a world of trouble. Pretty happy with that start on a sunny/dry with only spin bowling to come :)

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=2672525

And it has ended as a loss

PowerBug

MajorLazer

CrowsFan

PB I just noticed that the name of your ground is spelt wrong. You have it down as "The Equilibruim", but it should be "The Equilibrium". Or is there something clever with the name that I'm missing?

PowerBug

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 19, 2014, 10:13:40 AM
PB I just noticed that the name of your ground is spelt wrong. You have it down as "The Equilibruim", but it should be "The Equilibrium". Or is there something clever with the name that I'm missing?
Every time my membership expires and I have to rename my ground, it's gets kinda annoying. So obviously the last time I did that I just made a typo and never noticed it. Thanks. :P

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueoverview.htm?lsId=45745#curr
I'm in a bit of trouble now. :\

JBs-Hawks

Knocked off Qs threat to his div 2 sod title.

Master Q

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 19, 2014, 01:21:38 PM
Knocked off Qs threat to his div 2 sod title.
You're a good friend. You outrated him though!

---

Didn't set orders for our game Koop, don't think it'll matter though  :P

CrowsFan

Playing PB in a youth friendly this arvo, should be a good game as we both rate very similarly. Game is on an uneven pitch with overcast weather, which should suit my 3 pronged pace attack (1 fasty and 2 FM's), with my 2 AR's supporting them (1 medium, 1 FS). In our youth rivalry we have played each other 10 times, with PB picking up 2 wins to my 8. Hopefully I can push that out to 9 today, but PB seems to be ridiculous with his tactics so who knows what will happen...

PowerBug

Nah you'll get me, I forgot about this friendly when I hit sell on four of my 19yos. :(

I'm playing the best I've got, and actually my younger bowlers suit the conditions better, so I've got two fasties, a fm and two mediums but unless my bats fluke something, you shouldn't have a problem. :)

JBs-Hawks

My youths rated 117k today if you want a game or two

PowerBug

End of over 40 (9 runs) - PowerBugCC(172-7) RR 4.30
H. Jaguar 8-0-54-1, S. Hankey 69 (80b), M. Kumari  9 (19b)

I was happy that I batted out the 40, but I wasn't very productive through the middle overs, going from 61/1 after 15 to 93/6 after 25, and that's why HB will chase down these runs quite easily in the end. I put some lesser bats at the top and batted aggressively, hoping that someone would get away and give me 200, but not to be.

End of over 15 (7 runs) - Billy Goats CC(75-2). 98 runs required from 25 overs. RR 5.00 RRR 3.92
M. Tasleem 2-0-12-0, H. Jaguar 41 (55b), N. Tiger 6 (5b)

I'll need to find something similar if I want to keep this match close.

CrowsFan

Yeah you did well to bat it out after being 6 for 93. Stupid Hankey! My batting runs extremely deep, my number 8 is still a cap/cap batter, so makes it hard to dismiss my team most of the time. Looks like I should be home from here, but another wicket or two and it could change drastically...

M. Jayasekera 6-0-29-1, N. Tiger 24 (42b), E. Leopard 0 (1b)
End of over 26 (7 runs) - Billy Goats CC(119-3). 54 runs required from 14 overs. RR 4.58 RRR 3.86

PowerBug

6 wickets in hand, 29 runs off 54 balls? Nah I can't do that, you win.

Edit:
I finally brokethrough to get my first wicket check of the innings:
33.5 . Kumari to Cougar : [dropped]  An edge, but Maloney's poor footwork means he's not in a position to hold the catch. Kumari is livid.

Ahhhh shower. :P I'll get outrated by like 20k anyway and I think I performed alright, I blame his trigger talents. :P HB got one wicket and 16 runs through triggers, whilst my only trigger batsman got out for a 2nd ball duck. :(