Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on January 20, 2014, 08:04:13 PM
I'm looking so far ahead my main and affiliate play a U17 match soon hahaha. :P Already stoked with my U18s, they rate 95k already :D

CF, you have 15 players yeah? Reckon one season you could take home SOD 1.1, T20 1.1 and PC in the one season with this lot? I expect no less btw. ;)
You are looking well into the future PB

It will be tough for cf, with 15 players. Especially if he loses them all to tour weeks

PowerBug

Yeah, i need to haha. My Youth side could easily promote next season too straight into Div 1. :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

CrowsFan

I'm looking so far ahead my main and affiliate play a U17 match soon hahaha. :P Already stoked with my U18s, they rate 95k already :D

CF, you have 15 players yeah? Reckon one season you could take home SOD 1.1, T20 1.1 and PC in the one season with this lot? I expect no less btw. ;)
My U16s rate 96k :P

Nah just the 14 players for me. 6 batters, 1 keeper, 2 AR's and 5 bowlers. Hoping that next season I can recruit 1 or 2 solid players who I can keep as backup... haha honestly no idea how I will go at senior level, my plan will probably die since I won't be able to afford the wages!

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 20, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

Nah just the 14 players for me. 6 batters, 1 keeper, 2 AR's and 5 bowlers. Hoping that next season I can recruit 1 or 2 solid players who I can keep as backup... haha honestly no idea how I will go at senior level, my plan will probably die since I won't be able to afford the wages!

The new wage rules will help you alot ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 20, 2014, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on January 20, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

The new wage rules will help you alot ;)
Sadly it won't help all that much I don't think. Since none of them were actually recruited by me the best discount I can get is 5% right? So say my wages were 140k (10k per person) then I'm only getting a discount of 7k. Not all that much really...

Cookie311993

C. Puma 1-0-1-0, H. Thompson 9 (27b), A. Sahai 10 (18b)

End of over 10 (1 run) - bundy bashers(37-1) RR 3.70

Not a bad start on a sticky pitch. I chucked Thompson up to open the innings as I was worried about the strike power of Cf's bowlers. So far he is doing his job

CrowsFan

Was wondering why you had opened up with Thompson. You're maintaining a pretty good run rate for now. Really need to start taking a few more wickets...

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 20, 2014, 09:49:12 PM
Was wondering why you had opened up with Thompson. You're maintaining a pretty good run rate for now. Really need to start taking a few more wickets...

Opened with him on def to try and last out as many balls as possible, so my stronger bats can come in at the end when your young fellas are tired. Normally wouldn't do it. But, I was under the impression your players wouldn't have great endo just yet. So far so good. You have conceded a large number of extras at the midway stage

Nige

Ted Gordon and Thomas Hopkins are doing really well atm vs Torp's affil.

Looks like I'm on track for one of my best totals, if not my best (not sure).

Nige

Quote from: NigeyS on January 20, 2014, 10:09:15 PM
Ted Gordon and Thomas Hopkins are doing really well atm vs Torp's affil.

Looks like I'm on track for one of my best totals, if not my best (not sure).
And just as I say this, Hoppo hits a 6 to bring up his 150... and then gets out.  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Cookie311993 on January 20, 2014, 10:06:40 PM

Opened with him on def to try and last out as many balls as possible, so my stronger bats can come in at the end when your young fellas are tired. Normally wouldn't do it. But, I was under the impression your players wouldn't have great endo just yet. So far so good. You have conceded a large number of extras at the midway stage
is it just me or does anyone else like it when a player on a bowling deck goes at a Strike Rate between 30-40? :P Thompson batting very well :o
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on January 20, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

is it just me or does anyone else like it when a player on a bowling deck goes at a Strike Rate between 30-40? :P Thompson batting very well :o
Yeah you're right about the endo levels. My fasty has reasonable, then one has average, two have ordinary and one has poor.

Can't believe I've only taken 2 wickets in 24 overs on a sticky! My only consolation is surely Thompson will be tired when has to bowl now!

Cookie311993

I have done a PB tactic and chucked a bowler up to open the innings on a bowlers track

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 20, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

Yeah you're right about the endo levels. My fasty has reasonable, then one has average, two have ordinary and one has poor.

Can't believe I've only taken 2 wickets in 24 overs on a sticky! My only consolation is surely Thompson will be tired when has to bowl now!
My only concern is that my batters have batted too defensively. Hopefully they pick the run rate up soon