Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 05:55:52 PM
might hang onto him, his exp is only ord but his end is reasonable like his fielding, all round not a bad player for 21 just keeps disappointing!

i have hung onto a couple of only half decent youth wrist spinners due to what you say about them being rare, hoping even tho they are as much as 2 years behind finger spinners i have they may be worth something one day either to sell or to play
well mine needs to start stepping up
his exp/exp with spectacular fielding and expert experience at 21

Nige

Gonna bid hard to get Daz's Rossiter, I reckon I'll probably lose out though.  :(

Colliwobblers

Quote from: DazBurg on December 29, 2013, 06:05:28 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 05:55:52 PM
might hang onto him, his exp is only ord but his end is reasonable like his fielding, all round not a bad player for 21 just keeps disappointing!

i have hung onto a couple of only half decent youth wrist spinners due to what you say about them being rare, hoping even tho they are as much as 2 years behind finger spinners i have they may be worth something one day either to sell or to play
well mine needs to start stepping up
his exp/exp with spectacular fielding and expert experience at 21

thats a damn good 21 year old , better than any i have, do you usually have your fielding higher than your bowl-bat/tech ?

through youth to 21/22 that is ?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: NigeyS on December 29, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
Gonna bid hard to get Daz's Rossiter, I reckon I'll probably lose out though.  :(

if he is a fast or fast med bowler of any kind of value you probably will lose out. so expensive at the moment, but i noticed all players go a lot cheaper at the end of the season, especially 19yo.

can generally get a 19 yo at the end of the season (after last game) cheaper than you could buy 20 to 23 year olds during the season and with better or similar skill levels/ratings.

might be worth waiting. I am going to wait till after the last game of the season to get my gun fast bowler, will need the prize money for one and for two they are just too dear at the moment.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Colli, FM/F bowlers need power to be able to grab more wickets. Why my FMs have games where they hardly grab any wickets but can keep RR low. But if you're going for a long term plan, looks like a good player once his XP goes up as well.

Daz is like most of us, try to train Fielding early since it trains faster when young. Then can forget about it for a long time. I try to keep it below Prims once they get to like Outs/Outs though but just me, as I stop fielding usually at Outs/Spec. At 21/22 think most of my players are at like Exp Fielding, but I have benefit of training them through youths. If buying, alot harder to get it up to there, so at the moment, probably Cap/Rel may have to suffice if you'd want Fielding up but want players to perform!

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 29, 2013, 05:30:24 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 29, 2013, 05:27:29 PM
Yeah Koop, Outstanding is max on a Captain. I regularly play an Expert Captain (who has popped like twice since being 16, now 28). Given, interchange with other players :P.

Think meant to help performance in game of the team or something, but read game manual as says in there somewhere. I never paid much attention to it really.
OK cool Ill have a look

btw woke up too late to set orders for our match HP, so getting absolutely smashed as a result compared to an honourable loss :P
All good, I'm bowling a batter because I have two Gardiners playing :P. Imagine me when deiciding Youth orders when I have 3 Dicksons :P.

We can always try for another game down the line :).

Nige

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 06:13:59 PM

if he is a fast or fast med bowler of any kind of value you probably will lose out. so expensive at the moment, but i noticed all players go a lot cheaper at the end of the season, especially 19yo.

can generally get a 19 yo at the end of the season (after last game) cheaper than you could buy 20 to 23 year olds during the season and with better or similar skill levels/ratings.

might be worth waiting. I am going to wait till after the last game of the season to get my gun fast bowler, will need the prize money for one and for two they are just too dear at the moment.
Nah, he's just a medium pacer.

But atm, one of my two medium pacers in reli/reli (the guy I got off Cookie - Andrew Thorpe) so I really want somebody better.

DazBurg

nah Colli my 21 year old is my RWS
and like HP said since he should make Nats in about 4 seasons you can get away with outstanding fielding but better to have spectacular and it trains faster younger so now i can concentrate on his prims and endo as power not needed due to being a spinner and not an AR

genrally if coming through youths you want to have at least reasonable fielding by 20 but knowing yaseen was ahead and only having about 7 weeksof season left when 19 i trained him to reliable so was already ahead

and as for the players nige chasing - don't pay tooo much nige has ok skills @ out/out wit out fielding but his XP is only at ordinary at 23 that is terrible and not worth paying much for

i bought a few bowlers 3 seasons back and bought too many forgetting i had both yassen and mustafa coming through from my youths

Cookie311993

Quote from: NigeyS on December 29, 2013, 06:37:53 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 06:13:59 PM

Nah, he's just a medium pacer.

But atm, one of my two medium pacers in reli/reli (the guy I got off Cookie - Andrew Thorpe) so I really want somebody better.
He is close to a pop. Either bowling or technique. I think it's technique

Master Q

All the new guys just need to chill.

Wait till EOS and there will be plenty of 20 y.o guns.

Master Q

SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs   The Nailers
Batting - Top Order   13,111   12,148
Batting - Middle Order   10,297   10,150
Batting - Tail   3,666   4,622
Bowling - Seam   13,066 (20)   11,876 (40)
Bowling - Spin   13,704 (30)   12,918 (10)
Fielding/Keeping   15,453   14,319
Overall   218,236   206,438

Beat Nails by 68 runs on a Sticky. New highest ratings for me too. Powers was MOTM taking 4/25 off 9.3 and hitting 6* off 2  :P

I lost our first ever game but since then I've won everytime (5 straight).

Nails

Every time vs. my Main, not against both my teams.

What's wrong with my team... ratings seem to be going backwards... WTF why aren't I improving?

Master Q

Most improvements come down to training but conditions matter a bit. Have you had plops?

My ratings have increased 11k, hopefully I can make it to 15k which would take me up to around 222k.

I never imagined I'd reach this high. And I still have some relatively young players in my XI.

Nails

Nope.

Had Zero plops, my oldest player is 27yo so I should be improving...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/ratings.htm?gameId=2548683

204K ratings week 1 SOD.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/ratings.htm?gameId=2582518

206K ratings a month and 2 weeks ago...

Guess the one player difference between the 2 games cost me a few MR, but it is becoming annoying.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Master Q on December 29, 2013, 09:54:50 PM
Most improvements come down to training but conditions matter a bit. Have you had plops?

My ratings have increased 11k, hopefully I can make it to 15k which would take me up to around 222k.

I never imagined I'd reach this high. And I still have some relatively young players in my XI.
I've had an increase of just under 11k as well for the season

Master Q

Quote from: Cookie311993 on December 29, 2013, 10:01:22 PM
Quote from: Master Q on December 29, 2013, 09:54:50 PM

I've had an increase of just under 11k as well for the season
Deluxe academy?