Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Nails on December 29, 2013, 11:08:19 AM
Captaincy isn't a big deal Colli

By the best team you can then name your best captain as your captain IMO.

I wouldn't go about buying a player to be your captain personally. It is handy, yes but not really NEEDED.

thanks good to know. opens up my options for the bowler i need and might actually be able to afford at end of season prices

DazBurg

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 11:19:09 AM

I wouldn't go about buying a player to be your captain personally. It is handy, yes but not really NEEDED.

thanks good to know. opens up my options for the bowler i need and might actually be able to afford at end of season prices
agree with Nails
i mean if they young they can build into the role aswell i have yaseen 21 year old natural leader talent and only capable captaincy atm

Cookie311993

Quote from: DazBurg on December 29, 2013, 12:25:23 PM

agree with Nails
i mean if they young they can build into the role aswell i have yaseen 21 year old natural leader talent and only capable captaincy atm
Captaincy takes awhile to pop though

DazBurg

Quote from: Cookie311993 on December 29, 2013, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on December 29, 2013, 12:25:23 PM

agree with Nails
Captaincy takes awhile to pop though
that is true but as nails said i wouldn't go out of my way to spend extra $$$ just to hve  captain better off getting the best players then working on it

Nige

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=2588577

Bowled stew out for 279 on a Sunny/Hard.

My new spinner took three and my new keeper was involved. Keen to see how my new bat goes.

PowerBug

That ends the innings of Pineapple Panthers. PowerBugCC will have a target of 119 to chase.

In a youth friendly against jhello's youths. I restricted him to 118, didn't bowl him out, he finished on 118/9 after 40 overs. :o 2.95 runs per over. Anyone ever seen a lower completed innings in youths??
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

CrowsFan

Lowest I've kept a team to is 8 for 119, so you beat me by 1 run...

Justin Bieber

I don't know my lowest in youths :(. Kept a team under 100 in Seniors when they rated more :P.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 10:46:18 AM
i also under valued the level fielding was at, and i guess if they have a good chunk of power at an early age that is a bonus since you aren't supposed to really train power until mid 20's ?
Trains fastest in the mid 20's so where I usually train. Can always train earlier but would be at a slower rate (why I never train power in Youths). That's if you plan to keep players for the long haul, then can get the biggest benefits when they are 27-30 years old.

On Captaincy, I regularly play a Reliable Captain so Capable isn't too much of a step down. Don't go spending cash on one as won't have too much of an impact compared to skills!

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 29, 2013, 05:10:35 PM
I don't know my lowest in youths :(. Kept a team under 100 in Seniors when they rated more :P.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 10:46:18 AM
i also under valued the level fielding was at, and i guess if they have a good chunk of power at an early age that is a bonus since you aren't supposed to really train power until mid 20's ?
Trains fastest in the mid 20's so where I usually train. Can always train earlier but would be at a slower rate (why I never train power in Youths). That's if you plan to keep players for the long haul, then can get the biggest benefits when they are 27-30 years old.

On Captaincy, I regularly play a Reliable Captain so Capable isn't too much of a step down. Don't go spending cash on one as won't have too much of an impact compared to skills!

yup yup
and it caps out at Outstanding too so keep that in mind Colli  ;)

KoopKicka

wait so captaincy doesnt go above outstanding?

My captain has accomplished captaincy, but I have no idea how that affects anything, except he is only reli/reli but has taken 10/37 in 3 SOD games, that it?

Justin Bieber

Yeah Koop, Outstanding is max on a Captain. I regularly play an Expert Captain (who has popped like twice since being 16, now 28). Given, interchange with other players :P.

Think meant to help performance in game of the team or something, but read game manual as says in there somewhere. I never paid much attention to it really.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 29, 2013, 05:27:29 PM
Yeah Koop, Outstanding is max on a Captain. I regularly play an Expert Captain (who has popped like twice since being 16, now 28). Given, interchange with other players :P.

Think meant to help performance in game of the team or something, but read game manual as says in there somewhere. I never paid much attention to it really.

OK cool Ill have a look

btw woke up too late to set orders for our match HP, so getting absolutely smashed as a result compared to an honourable loss :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 29, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

My captain has accomplished captaincy, but I have no idea how that affects anything, except he is only reli/reli but has taken 10/37 in 3 SOD games, that it?

could be good power also if he is a fast bowler? or is he skilled in bowling or have a talent related to bowling?  or you could be playing on pitches that suit his bowling type

i have an expert/expert fast med bowler with ord power and he is totally useless, not sure why but he goes for tons of runs and takes very few wickets, i can't work out why he is worse than bowlers i have that rate lower but i fear i am going to have to sell him off as he just does not perform, only 21 also so it is a shame

DazBurg

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 29, 2013, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on December 29, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

could be good power also if he is a fast bowler? or is he skilled in bowling or have a talent related to bowling?  or you could be playing on pitches that suit his bowling type

i have an expert/expert fast med bowler with ord power and he is totally useless, not sure why but he goes for tons of runs and takes very few wickets, i can't work out why he is worse than bowlers i have that rate lower but i fear i am going to have to sell him off as he just does not perform, only 21 also so it is a shame

can be experience and power endo all kinds of things

and even then lets use as an example my 2 spinners
musafa - LFS and yaseen - RWS
wristie's are meant to be rarer and better and he is actually better skilled and better experience

but in youths mustafa took more wickets
and now in seniors yaseen catching up but mustf still generally the more economic of the two

Colliwobblers

might hang onto him, his exp is only ord but his end is reasonable like his fielding, all round not a bad player for 21 just keeps disappointing!

i have hung onto a couple of only half decent youth wrist spinners due to what you say about them being rare, hoping even tho they are as much as 2 years behind finger spinners i have they may be worth something one day either to sell or to play