Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I'd hope so, you rate 185k. ;)

Setting orders vs Q is a pain, I don't know which bowlers to go in with. :( (The problem with having too many options)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Torpedo10

I'm setting myself up for Div 2 in 2 seasons TBH.

PowerBug

Good luck with that. ;) T20 only I'm assuming? I got to Div 3 T20 before I got to Div 3 SOD, and I'm still in that same Div 3 T20 league yet SOD is now Div 1. :P

My research is telling me that playing two spinners on this slow pitch vs Q isn't a good idea. :\ If this change works, I may have solved 75% of the issues I have with slow pitches. :D

Master Q

The Humid weather is what is making me question myself, otherwise I'd just roll out my three spinners and demolish you like always  :P

PowerBug

Yeah that's right, haven't played Humid/Slow at all in the last two seasons, so it's a bit of a toss up for me aswell. 3 spinners won't work here, and from looking at my Cloudy or Overcast/Slow games, neither will two spinners. And slow is a dog because I have to choose between batting (Mukund) or bowling (Zahra) as one of my options, as playing two fast bowlers is not a very clever choice. And I always pick the wrong one. :(

Master Q

My bowling lineup will look like:

1 x F, 2 x M, 2 x FS

Not the best line-up considering the conditions, especially how my second medium is definitely sub-par.

PowerBug

As long as you aren't playing the medium to make it a closer match then I'm ok with it. ;) fastie, rfm, rm, lm, spinner for me. Not telling you which fast bowler nor which spinner. :P

Colliwobblers

Can't buy a hattrick, still never had one....

V. Utseya 4-2-10-5, D. Dewhurst 0 (5b), W. Bishop 0 (0b)
End of over 12 (maiden) - Maykop Dynamos(43-7) RR 3.58

N. Forde b. V. Utseya 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
That is 5 wickets for Utseya!
11.6WUtseya to Forde : Clueless, utterly clueless - Forde lunges forwards and has his furniture smashed to smithereens by a wicked delivery from Utseya. Forde won't want to see that on the replay tonight.

11.5WUtseya to Harris : [stumped] Sharp wicketkeeping there! Utseya turned the ball a mile after drawing Harris out of his crease. Nilaweera flung his arm out and after taking the ball switched hands and flicked off the bails while still diving to the side. What a stumping!G. Harris st H. Nilaweera b. V. Utseya 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

11.4.Utseya to Harris : Really nice drift on that ball, Harris gets well forward and smothers the spin.

11.3WUtseya to Phillip : Utseya strikes! And a collective groan from the crowd as Phillip departs. It was nothing more than a straight ball on a length. Phillip tried to glide it to third man, but it was far too close and crashed into his pads to trap him in front.H. Phillip lbw b. V. Utseya 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

11.2.Utseya to Phillip : It's getting feisty out there. Phillip prods that one back down the track towards Utseya who has gathered it up and taken a shy at the stumps. Phillip was clearly in his crease but has to take evasive action. He's got some strong words for Utseya after that. Spicy!

11.1WUtseya to Bradshaw : [catch] Short down the leg side, it was close to the body. Bradshaw looks to pull, gets a glove to it, and it goes straight into the gloves of Nilaweera, who takes it gleefully.L. Bradshaw c H. Nilaweera b. V. Utseya 10 (20b 0x4 0x6) SR:50.00

stew42

149* from 63 balls for my boy Davidson in today's 20/20 and 3/16 for my medium-pace AR who is basically a place filler :)

...yes it's a bot  :-[

PowerBug

Colli, enjoy taking 4 wickets in an over while you can. ;) Very soon you'll be praying for 4 every match. :'(

Same with you stew lol, soon you'll want your whole XI to make 149 hahaha

They are both pretty remarkable feats though, I can't remember if i've ever had a hattrick before and my best T20 score is 146. ;)

Nails

Surely your stats aren't accurate PB? lol You would've had a better score unless you mean single batter score which is probably what you meant

I've had like a dozen hattricks in my FTP career.

PowerBug

Yeah stew was saying one of his players made 149, so 146 was my highest individual score, by George Tonge. :)
259/2 is my best team score in T20. :)

CrowsFan

My highest individual score in a T20 is 160 not out from 65 balls. The team scored 268 for no loss :)

stew42

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 03, 2013, 09:18:12 PM
My highest individual score in a T20 is 160 not out from 65 balls. The team scored 268 for no loss :)
Haha, my team got 2/280  :P

JBs-Hawks

127 is my individual top score, but 4/270 is my best :)