Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 26, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
you'd think after half of last season (when i started FTP) and a few games this season, the novelty of racking up HUGE wins against bots would wear off....

but it hasn't  ;D
It'll feel better when you have a run of bad games and then meet a bot, the feeling when you score 400 in SOD or 300 in Youths is brilliant. :D

You know what amazes me? The fact that Div 1 teams are unable to have 5 seamers in their squad... I beat ranti last week because he needed to play a spinner on a Green, and in two weeks I have Farken Nufties that only has 5 bowlers, one of each. So even though he rates 230k, and isn't in PC, with the game on a Green, I'll be expecting to win. It shocks me tbh, I won't be relegating from Div 1, this is actually easier than I thought.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Colliwobblers

so if in Div 1 you cant have 5 seamers in your squad, which means i take it you have to have a spinner, then so do you, so how come you win?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 26, 2013, 10:27:51 PM
so if in Div 1 you cant have 5 seamers in your squad, which means i take it you have to have a spinner, then so do you, so how come you win?

PB is saying you need to have a big squad so you can have 5 seamers on a green and then if its a crumbler the following week ditch your seamers and play some spinners.

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 26, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

PB is saying you need to have a big squad so you can have 5 seamers on a green and then if its a crumbler the following week ditch your seamers and play some spinners.
Yep, pretty much, because that's how I play the game and I must be right all the time. :P (Note sarcasm)

Yeah, so I have 5 seamers available to me, and so many teams do not, so I play on a Green or Uneven because it helps my bowlers and not theirs. However when they go to play me on spinning pitches, I have 3 spinners I can play aswell, which is also the expected lineup (2 seam, 3 spin) on those pitches. :)
I just expected teams up in division 1 to have had some bowlers to switch between, instead of just 5 which get all the games.

Edit: Noticed how I badly worded the first post. Div 1 teams are allowed to have 5 seamers, however there's some that don't, which I obviously exploit, even though they rate 20-30k more than me.

chrisuzz

Meanwhile in div 4 T20 and SOD ive been able to knock off a few teams with my fatigue underdeveloped side...

Colliwobblers

Sounds like your just a GUN  :D

Quote from: PowerBug on November 26, 2013, 10:45:14 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 26, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

Yep, pretty much, because that's how I play the game and I must be right all the time. :P (Note sarcasm)

Yeah, so I have 5 seamers available to me, and so many teams do not, so I play on a Green or Uneven because it helps my bowlers and not theirs. However when they go to play me on spinning pitches, I have 3 spinners I can play aswell, which is also the expected lineup (2 seam, 3 spin) on those pitches. :)
I just expected teams up in division 1 to have had some bowlers to switch between, instead of just 5 which get all the games.

Edit: Noticed how I badly worded the first post. Div 1 teams are allowed to have 5 seamers, however there's some that don't, which I obviously exploit, even though they rate 20-30k more than me.

Master Q

Cough

Wages

Cough

Nails

And according to all the guides on FTP an excep/excep spinner will still perform better than a spec/spec medium on a green. It really only works if all of your bowlers are around the same skill level.

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on November 26, 2013, 11:12:25 PM
Cough

Wages

Cough
I'm coping with a 21 man squad. ;)

stew42

Not a bad over. 4 wicket maiden. Not even a bot team!  :o
WW.W.W

TheAnt

Looked at my youth squad today and found a nice surprise. My first national squad member. http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1136908

PowerBug

That's the best feeling mate, congrats! :) Can confirm that with the first tours being on Crumbling, Dry and Slow chances are mighty low of him touring. But if the right pitches come up, obviously Zimbabwe have plans for him to play, might get a tour. :) Well done again!

TheAnt

Cheers mate, yeah don't expect him to play much but it is nice just to see that little red star next to his name.

valkorum

Congrats Ant

There is still a place on spin friendly pitches for a fast bowler - if Zimbabwe doesn't have a better F then IMO your player should get selected.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1361015

I finally purchased someone this season! Woooo waited long enough. :D 14k wasn't much to spend, and he won't be playing for another season at least anyway so there's time for me to get his skills up to scratch. :)