Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Am I the only one that actually sets orders in this game? ::) Might be why I win so many matches I shouldn't be tbh....

I really struggle to realise how people struggle to set orders for matches when the match appears on the club page at least 3 days before the match is actually played, and sometimes it's there a week before the match.

I assume Q's orders are sort of what he wants as he chose the conditions, so they should be his preferred. :\

End of over 47 (1 run) - PowerBugCC(190-10) RR 4.04
V. Love 8.2-1-33-1, T. Mupariwa 8 (9b)

Mediocre score, shouldn't defend it, my top scorer was Campbell (avg batting) who made 29 batting at number 9. I wasn't meant to defend that 158 vs Nails a few weeks ago either, but I did, so I'll give myself a shot. My two medium, 3 spin combo might push Q to make that total on a Windy/Slow. :\
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

chrisuzz

Quote from: McRooster on September 12, 2013, 08:28:52 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 08:16:58 PM
How long did it take you to get to that bank account?
18 months of neglect  ;)

I have deliberately never put a single dollar into academies (strangely I have had moderate pop success  :o)

Despite this neglect, I was able to comfortably hold division position in Canada (even promoted in Youth) and sell off the odd Youth pull.

Now I'm in Australia and I'd like to shake things up a little.
Sounds like a good plan! though i wouldnt be able to contribute unless you bought an ex player :(

McRooster

Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: McRooster on September 12, 2013, 08:28:52 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 08:16:58 PM
How long did it take you to get to that bank account?
18 months of neglect  ;)

I have deliberately never put a single dollar into academies (strangely I have had moderate pop success  :o)

Despite this neglect, I was able to comfortably hold division position in Canada (even promoted in Youth) and sell off the odd Youth pull.

Now I'm in Australia and I'd like to shake things up a little.
Sounds like a good plan! though i wouldnt be able to contribute unless you bought an ex player :(
I'm not interested in your 'required squad members', rather I'd like us to build a team from the talent we are prepared to let go for the greater good of FanFooty members.

This has been a deliberate plan.

My main focus will still be on my main squad Mike Whitney's Afro!, which looks promising likely to promote to Div 2 T20 and Div 2 SOD Sth Africa at EOS.

I would rename my affiliate to reflect a FanFooty dynamic should this get off the ground.

chrisuzz

I mean my oldest player is 20 years old McR, i mean they wouldnt be able to do much for the squad!

McRooster

Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 09:22:25 PM
I mean my oldest player is 20 years old McR, i mean they wouldnt be able to do much for the squad!
thats cool Zz, if this idea doesn't float then I'll revert to plan B - although according to Jb it might take a little longer  :P

No rush.

chrisuzz

Quote from: McRooster on September 12, 2013, 09:32:38 PM
thats cool Zz, if this idea doesn't float then I'll revert to plan B - although according to Jb it might take a little longer  :P

No rush.
THought you could try and convince GM-Qadir to selll you Padman Arnold, but he did just by him for 1mil :P

anyways whats plan b if you dont mind me asking?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on September 12, 2013, 07:36:58 PM
Rather than chase a PC with my affiliate team, would anyone be interested in actually building a FanFooty team?

I mean, I've seen plenty of threads about FanFooty's best this player and best that player, but how about we actually build one?

'Someone else, someone else' (gratuitous Simspons reference) can do the scouting or the thread that picks the players but I'll put up the coin of my 10million+, once people have decided on a team of those they are prepared to put up for trade and the consensus of members believes is worthy.

Is ten million enough or would you like me to wait a season or two?

Players should be listed with an agreed listed value and I'll open the bidding on each. The market could take over and outbid me and that still becomes a win for that FanFooty member.

Thoughts?

I've got a mix of ages, and wouldn't mind selling some of my guys if going to the Fanfooty team. Wouldn't be any of the players I've grown attatched to though (e.g. Harrison Morgan, Daniel Currie, etc). Most have gone youth approach, so many may not have players to sell unless you buy once they sell at like 20 years old :P.

Certainly have the bank balance so could toss up a few different routes you could go!

Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 12:42:56 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 11, 2013, 11:32:41 PM
Was apprehensive going in to tonights youth game since I was missing 7 players who were away on nat duty and I was playing against BP. Bowled first on a cloudy/green and kept them to 8 for 169, which I was very happy about since I was missing 4 of my first choice bowlers and had to resort to playing 1 pure bowler and 4 all rounders. Then managed to chase down the target with 2 overs to spare to win by 6 wickets. Ambrose Hamilton the man of the match taking 1 for 31 with the ball and scoring an unbeaten 89 with the bat.

Billy Goats CC The Brat Pack
Overall    109,767    103,760

7 players missing and still rate that high! :o

So with 6 games to go I am 3 games clear of second place. Feeling pretty good right about now :)
Congrats CF, youve for sure got it from here! Ive struggled this season dealing with fatigue and am not performing to my sides potential, next season i hope to be in your position with a strong side!  :) Tomorrow i will see how my strongest U18 side goes against Cyrus and with a cap/reas batsman at number 8 i look forward to big things!
Awesome stuff this season CF, certainly made the best youth team in Scotland :o. Congratz on the win, although many weeks still to come haha. Just been too dominant, even with those missing players. I'm set to relegate, so will be leaving you guys in Div 1 after this season :(.

McRooster

Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 09:37:44 PM

No rush.
THought you could try and convince GM-Qadir to selll you Padman Arnold, but he did just by him for 1mil :P

plan b is to buy a PC after building a bank of neglect. The recent academy investment changes have made it too easy to graft a squad purely based on dollars, IMO.

PowerBug

I'd help out Roost, however I love my players too much, and none of them have skills that are of any worth. :P

On another note, Q is destroying me. :( Is it weird that I have 0 aggressive bowling orders?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on September 12, 2013, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 09:37:44 PM

No rush.

plan b is to buy a PC after building a bank of neglect. The recent academy investment changes have made it too easy to graft a squad purely based on dollars, IMO.
Can always buy a Pav cup for half that amount with just Oldies, that's if you want to win a Pav Cup :-X. Or get in with the UAE guys and try to get them to help you bribe Ash ;).

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 12, 2013, 09:49:33 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on September 12, 2013, 12:42:56 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 11, 2013, 11:32:41 PM
Was apprehensive going in to tonights youth game since I was missing 7 players who were away on nat duty and I was playing against BP. Bowled first on a cloudy/green and kept them to 8 for 169, which I was very happy about since I was missing 4 of my first choice bowlers and had to resort to playing 1 pure bowler and 4 all rounders. Then managed to chase down the target with 2 overs to spare to win by 6 wickets. Ambrose Hamilton the man of the match taking 1 for 31 with the ball and scoring an unbeaten 89 with the bat.

Billy Goats CC The Brat Pack
Overall    109,767    103,760

7 players missing and still rate that high! :o

So with 6 games to go I am 3 games clear of second place. Feeling pretty good right about now :)
Congrats CF, youve for sure got it from here! Ive struggled this season dealing with fatigue and am not performing to my sides potential, next season i hope to be in your position with a strong side!  :) Tomorrow i will see how my strongest U18 side goes against Cyrus and with a cap/reas batsman at number 8 i look forward to big things!
Awesome stuff this season CF, certainly made the best youth team in Scotland :o. Congratz on the win, although many weeks still to come haha. Just been too dominant, even with those missing players. I'm set to relegate, so will be leaving you guys in Div 1 after this season :(.
Thanks guys. Certainly makes up for the disappointment of last season, although winning 2 in a row would have been nice :)
HP I'm certain I'll be joining you in div 2 the following season ;)

PowerBug

Match Ratings
  PowerBugCC Chimpanzee that!
Batting - Top Order 9,522 12,024
Batting - Middle Order 11,563 8,536
Batting - Tail 4,461 4,756
Bowling - Seam 11,596 (50) 12,541 (30)
Bowling - Spin 0 (0) 13,955 (20)
Fielding/Keeping 13,742 13,957
Overall 196,932 203,910

Result: PowerBugCC won by 2 wickets

Now sitting 8-0 in SOD 2.1 looking good for Div 1 promotion. :)

Nails

forkers   SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs
Batting - Top Order   13,235   12,780
Batting - Middle Order   12,791   9,628
Batting - Tail   7,690   3,578
Bowling - Seam   13,802 (30)   12,571 (20)
Bowling - Spin   12,916 (20)   12,956 (30)
Fielding/Keeping   13,450   14,883
Overall   234,769   209,030

Q pulled out a monster win

This bloke is top of our SOD league and was previously undefeated.

Q bowled him out in 46.2 overs for 193 (sun/unev)

Then chased 'em down in 39 overs losing only 4 wickets. Niiiice.

Nails

My AR for my affiliate isn't quite up to the standard I'd like

26yo accom/spec/spec (will be excep/excep)

Guess accom batting will have to do... but impressing me today :O

That is 50 runs for Stewart (51 runs, 50b 1x4 1x6) SR:102.00

That AR. Got 1 batter left to come after Stewart, so if Stewart got out cheap it wasn't over. But when Stewart came in the match really hung in the balance. Thanks to my AR = we home.

F. Vogel 9-0-67-0, I. Stewart 52 (51b), J. Friel 90 (104b)
End of over 47 (11 runs) - New Jersey Devils(229-4). 5 runs required from 3 overs. RR 4.87 RRR 1.67

That is the 100 partnership (103 runs, 101b, 3x4, 1x6) SR:101.98

We lost to this team by 42 runs in our other match this season. Good to get this one back.

Master Q

Quote from: Nails on September 14, 2013, 02:44:01 AM
   forkers   SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs
Batting - Top Order   13,235   12,780
Batting - Middle Order   12,791   9,628
Batting - Tail   7,690   3,578
Bowling - Seam   13,802 (30)   12,571 (20)
Bowling - Spin   12,916 (20)   12,956 (30)
Fielding/Keeping   13,450   14,883
Overall   234,769   209,030

Q pulled out a monster win

This bloke is top of our SOD league and was previously undefeated.

Q bowled him out in 46.2 overs for 193 (sun/unev)

Then chased 'em down in 39 overs losing only 4 wickets. Niiiice.
You beat me to it.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=2450722

Tactical Mastermind ftw.