Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 28, 2011, 12:43:48 PM
Actually I tend to think Costanza will go for 200k+ and the first one 250+. You could get even more I think though in this market.
Why, Costanza's batting is average for his age... So you think if I put $200k on him he'll sell?

Just looking at the market though, there ain't much there for keepers. :-\

I might sell him after next weeks T20 giving me some time to replace him before the next T20. I will be throwing my 2nd round of the PC most likely.

BratPack

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 12:53:59 PM
Actually I tend to think Costanza will go for 200k+ and the first one 250+. You could get even more I think though in this market.
Why, Costanza's batting is average for his age... So you think if I put $200k on him he'll sell?

I might sell him after next weeks T20 giving me some time to replace him before the next T20. I will be throwing my 2nd round of the PC most likely.

I'm throwing my first round. Home game for me here so it's not worth the fatigue hit persuing it further :P. Experience Dump ahoy!

8-6 Suited

Because of his age/tech/keeping I think it will appeal to some random person. :P

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 28, 2011, 12:56:34 PM
Because of his age/tech/keeping I think it will appeal to some random person. :P
Ok, well I'm going to change his name when I get my credits, then offload him with a 200k starting price...

Is there anyway you can change their name and keep this one for another player without having to use 40 credits?

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 01:00:16 PM
Ok, well I'm going to change his name when I get my credits, then offload him with a 200k starting price...

Is there anyway you can change their name and keep this one for another player without having to use 40 credits?

Nope. I had the same problem with Sheldon Cooper. Plus you will have to hope that no-one else steals his name while you are looking for a new player  :P

Fletch74

Quote from: Bazinga on October 28, 2011, 01:05:28 PM

Nope. I had the same problem with Sheldon Cooper. Plus you will have to hope that no-one else steals his name while you are looking for a new player  :P
Well, that won't happen to me as I'm changing it to a current player in my squad... Fitzy, my 21yo NBB fasty :)

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 01:07:14 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on October 28, 2011, 01:05:28 PM

Well, that won't happen to me as I'm changing it to a current player in my squad... Fitzy, my 21yo NBB fasty :)
Haha problem solved   ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: BratPack on October 28, 2011, 12:56:31 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 12:53:59 PM

I'm throwing my first round. Home game for me here so it's not worth the fatigue hit persuing it further :P. Experience Dump ahoy!
Throwing mine too since it is against the number 3 seed. Told the guy too so that he can also avoid fatigue. Asked if he could choose to bowl first because that would be best for both of us :)

Fletch74

Match fixing if I ever saw it...... :P

I'll report you to the FTPCC :P :D

CrowsFan

Haha fletch doesn't match fixing usually involve getting the better team to throw the game so everyone can make a huge amount of money backing the underdog? :P

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 28, 2011, 01:27:58 PM
Haha fletch doesn't match fixing usually involve getting the better team to throw the game so everyone can make a huge amount of money backing the underdog? :P
Not necessarily...

For me, it's a predetermined result, doesn't matter who the better team is because they could be betting on how someone gets out, or how many runs they'll make, something inside a game...

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 27, 2011, 07:47:53 PM
Alright guys I am off for the night. Romantic dinner with the missus for our 2 year anniversary. off loaded the kid to my sister in law for the night muahaha ;)
Hope you managed to take her somewhere a little more romantic than the McDonalds on Wells St :P

:O You know your Frankston Maccas! How? :O

And we went to Waves on the Beach which is like just behind McDonalds on the other side of the creek. :p

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 01:34:54 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 28, 2011, 01:27:58 PM
Not necessarily...

For me, it's a predetermined result, doesn't matter who the better team is because they could be betting on how someone gets out, or how many runs they'll make, something inside a game...
Yeah fair enough. Although even without me throwing this game I don't think there was any ever doubt on who was going to win ;)

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 28, 2011, 01:37:43 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on October 28, 2011, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 27, 2011, 07:47:53 PM
Alright guys I am off for the night. Romantic dinner with the missus for our 2 year anniversary. off loaded the kid to my sister in law for the night muahaha ;)
Hope you managed to take her somewhere a little more romantic than the McDonalds on Wells St :P

:O You know your Frankston Maccas! How? :O

And we went to Waves on the Beach which is like just behind McDonalds on the other side of the creek. :p
Yeah, I know that area too. My old man lives in Langwarrin. I spent a year at Frankston TAFE in 93'

Makes me old... :-[

Been to the Grand, and 21st a few times in my hayday... lol

8-6 Suited

Good ole' Langy. Many a good times had at house parties there in my youth. :x