Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on October 09, 2011, 10:51:25 PM
Why? He's 27. Hasn't everyone been telling you to buy young?

Just a quick fix for a couple seasons.

I'd use him for next season or two so I can save money. If I bought him for 20-30K I can then buy an extra young batter, instead of buying 1 expensive AR and only 1 bat.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 09, 2011, 10:53:07 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 09, 2011, 09:53:46 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=564987
What do I go to?
Anyone?
Experience is AWESOME for a young player :o. If you plan on keeping him for a long time (and play him) then I can certainly see going up to 150k for him (although doubt you'd want to spend too much). His experience is certainly the big booster but Endurance/Power a little let down.

bomberboy0618

I need a keeper before eos. Have 375k (and 175k in upcoming sales) so will be going for him.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 09, 2011, 11:07:40 PM
I need a keeper before eos. Have 375k (and 175k in upcoming sales) so will be going for him.
Could push higher if you need a Keeper.

I bought a great Primary keeper at 21 earlier this season. Downfall was Reasonable experience and Average Endurance at the time :(. But it's workable for his all round skills. Could be in a similar to your guy skill wise (in parts). I'd leave Power alone for a while if you do get him.

Nails

guys like that make me think my keeper is rubbish :(

bomberboy0618

The market seems a bit bare for 19 yr olds.

PowerBug

Am i doing the right thing in making all of my Youth's get to reasonable fielding straight away?? I feel like it's an easy thing to do then i can focus on primaries until whenever.

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on October 10, 2011, 10:36:28 AM
Am i doing the right thing in making all of my Youth's get to reasonable fielding straight away?? I feel like it's an easy thing to do then i can focus on primaries until whenever.
I wouldn't do reasonable, I would only do average.

PowerBug

Okay, thanks. I'll go average. But when do you next get their fielding up? And how far do you train someone in fielding; expert, outstanding, accomplished??

cookie311993

it all depends on the opposition you are playing PB. Div 4 i say would be Capable, Div 3 Reliable, and so on. Alot of fielding is required in the bigger matches against better opposition

PowerBug

That's why i wanted to start with reasonable. But if you say Capable div 4, then i'll go to average at the start. Thanks. ;)

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 10, 2011, 10:47:38 AM
it all depends on the opposition you are playing PB. Div 4 i say would be Capable, Div 3 Reliable, and so on. Alot of fielding is required in the bigger matches against better opposition
he was talking Youth's though Cookie ;)

cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on October 10, 2011, 10:46:03 AM
Okay, thanks. I'll go average. But when do you next get their fielding up? And how far do you train someone in fielding; expert, outstanding, accomplished??

I was referring to the last part fletch about how high. Maybe we both read it different ways

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 10, 2011, 11:05:54 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 10, 2011, 10:46:03 AM

I was referring to the last part fletch about how high. Maybe we both read it different ways
Oops, I missed his 2nd question...!!