Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

9.5   W   Dyer to Stroetinga : [stumped] Oh dear, a rank long hop from Dyer and Stroetinga charges gleefully, but he has missed it completely. Best accepts the gift and neatly taps the bails off and there is pandemonium. High fives all round. Dyer grins sheepishly, that deserved to be sent over the boundary, not a wicket!
K. Stroetinga st B. Best b. G. Dyer 43 (31b 1x4 2x6) SR:138.71

Always the case when posting updates that you will then lose a wicket isn't it! ::)

9.5   W   Dyer to Stroetinga : [stumped] Oh dear, a rank long hop from Dyer and Stroetinga charges gleefully, but he has missed it completely. Best accepts the gift and neatly taps the bails off and there is pandemonium. High fives all round. Dyer grins sheepishly, that deserved to be sent over the boundary, not a wicket!
K. Stroetinga st B. Best b. G. Dyer 43 (31b 1x4 2x6) SR:138.71

And there goes the other :(

cookie311993

yeah hp i was think FM /F or possibly both to help with matches for hard, flat and uneven pitches, and a wrist spinner to help for matches on dry, slow and crumbling. Just add the variation and allow to tweak my orders to still be strong on any pitch

Justin Bieber

If Except/Except can get him some NAT games, I'd listen to them! But after that, have to work on Endurance and Power for a little bit.

Good luck getting the bowlers you want with prices at a all time high (since I've been on FTP).

8-6 Suited

Cookie, if they start giving him tours to get his experience up, you tell them that you will go for excep/excep. Otherwise, say you will make him a club power and hammer his power now.

cookie311993

Yeah i was thinking it was pointless if i was to train to except and no gurantee of playing. Waste of 20 weeks of training. I can get him to exceptional it just seems more valid to improve his power and endurance for club where he is guranteed a spot in games

PowerBug

I have 2xRFM , 1xRM , 1xLFS , 2xRFS

As you can see no Wristy either. Apart from Livingston (31) and Dorenagama (27) my line-up is 21 and 20 years old. Is not having a Wristy a disadvantage when it comes to Crumbling pitches?

cookie311993

wristy is a strike spin bowl just adds the variation. There was talk about it helping a lot more having 1 ws and 1 fs instead of 2 fs or 2 ws

PowerBug

Well, i never bowl my two RFS together anyway, it's mainly Ameer with Schulting, and sometimes with Livingston. I seem to prefer the seam pitches more now that Dorenagama is bowling well and Oldfield has entered the team.

cookie311993

no pretty sure it is at all

cookie311993

surely it wouldnt hurt to play Lostwalleti given Kenya's position in seniors and my seam bowling my strong point so he will train quickly.

DazBurg

think i'm in trouble here CF

CrowsFan

If you break this partnership Daz the next batter is only ord/ord... so still in with a shot ;)

DazBurg

another dropped catch  :(

fielding ratings ain't that high though with a few of the 16 year olds haven't started fiedling training yet cause had to get a few quick pops in primarys to try and get them up to scratch

CrowsFan

First thing I do with my 16 year olds is get them to avg fielding before training primaries so mine should be ok...

DazBurg

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 22, 2011, 11:22:51 PM
First thing I do with my 16 year olds is get them to avg fielding before training primaries so mine should be ok...
i usually do too but being flat broke i've had to train what YP i could get
so atm i've got the bar minimum of 11 for next season weather they be really good enough or not which some are a little under par