Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

My game will go to the wire. Currently i have them covered, but must take wickets soon as my final two spells are being bowled by Herbert(avg/poor) and Wardlaw(dread/reli) who happen to be my opening batsmen. I took the risk by playing an extra batsman, and it might just catch me short. :/

Nails

45.4   .   Sreerupa to Sharif : [missed stumping] Sharif charges down the pitch, takes a swipe and misses. Sweeney is taken by surprise and misses a gilt edged stumping chance.

Sreerupa has now had a dropped catching and a missed stumping this match....

He's like Ud-Din in always having missed chances...

PowerBug

Blaxland makes the first 50 of the match. Amazing as it's a batter-friendly wicket.

Herbert and Schulting on now, Ongola and either of my batters to finish off. :(

PowerBug

32.5   W   Herbert to Blaxland : [catch] What was Blaxland thinking? Either have a go, or leave it alone. A nothing shot gives the easiest of catches to Watson.
C. Blaxland c S. Watson b. H. Herbert 55 (66b 4x4 0x6) SR:83.33

Could that be the wicket which sees me over the line?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1511902

Cicjose

yeah well my spinner failed to take out their finisher last night and we lost :(

PowerBug

34.3   W   Herbert to Betsey : [catch] There's an edge! Watson gets his hands to it but can't hold on and Vadher shows superb anticipation and reflexes to quickly grab the looping ball. A very relieved Herbert joins them to celebrate.
L. Betsey c C. Vadher b. H. Herbert 4 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR:80.00

Nearly there, nearly. But if his tails wags like mine.... :(

Nails

End of over 50 (5 runs) - Gatha Scorpions(265-9) RR 5.30
M. Guillard 108 (99b) , C. Jones 1 (1b) , A. Sreerupa 10-0-44-5

Few dropped chances that if we had have taken earlier might have bowled him out...

2 last over wickets to Sreerupa was good :)

RR over the last 10 overs was 7.6 which I think is pretty decent actually :)

PowerBug

And Sreerupa takes 5! Nice bowling there from your 29yo wristy.

Nails

0.2   W   Brohaska to Stone : Stone played down the wrong line to a ball angled into him. A sniff of swing as well and a raucous appeal as it hit him on the front foot. It was in line and hitting leg.
D. Stone lbw b. H. Brohaska 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Chose to not bowl Stone and play Harris instead... so that Stone could have an un-fatigued big innings... should have just bowled him, team would have been better for it  ::)

Cyrus

0.2   W   Brohaska to Stone : Stone played down the wrong line to a ball angled into him. A sniff of swing as well and a raucous appeal as it hit him on the front foot. It was in line and hitting leg.
D. Stone lbw b. H. Brohaska 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
yeah nice start to the chase :o

Nails

I know, what a crap start...

Should have fitted in an extra batter and just bowled Stone...

Would have been useful then.

PowerBug

End of over 38 (6 runs) - BLACKCAPS D TEAM(164-8). 59 runs required from 12 overs. RR 4.32 RRR 4.92
A. Puranjay 22 (39b) , S. Swift 5 (11b) , R. Schulting 9-0-31-0

Getting nervous now. Puranjay the all-rounder and Swift and Carter who bowl vs 1 over from Schulting and Herbert and 5 each from Ongola and Wardlaw.

Could be wrong with the bowling line-up, hope it's Ongola and Herbert again. No Pav Membership sucks :(

Cyrus

End of over 2 (1 run) - The Nailers(3-2). 263 runs required from 48 overs. RR 1.50 RRR 5.48
H. McDonald 1 (1b) , J. Bubb 1 (2b) , C. Sharif 1-0-1-0
just keeps getting better for you

Nails

1.4   W   Sharif to Christie : [runout] Christie pushes that one to mid on and sets off immediately. But McDonald doesn't want the run! Confusion in the middle as both batsmen are left stranded at one end. Sharif collects the throw from McKintosh and simply rolls it down the pitch for C. Harris to whip off the bails!
M. Christie run out (W. McKintosh) 1 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR:12.50

FML...

Lose Stone to a load of BS

then Christie falls to that crap

PowerBug

Yeah, great start Nails :P

Why is Maca playing 2 guys that wouldn't even make my team?

The nervousness is creeping up :(