Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 04, 2011, 06:24:15 PM
27 years old.. is old? But i need a fast bowler.

maybe i should wait for a 25 year old or so, Fast bowler, then train him up?
you should be aiming for a 20-24yr old. And fastys will cost you the world.

Luigi197

So i'd probably better off waiting for a good one to come buy, and save up, right?

cookie311993

Well done q. Nips is pathetic. They won't even give me a match

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 04, 2011, 06:36:31 PM
So i'd probably better off waiting for a good one to come buy, and save up, right?
I'd say keep an eye on the market constantly for a FM (as they are cheaper than Fasties). May cost a bit but aim for like Acc+/Acc+ (depending on age and secondaries). Exp/Exp at 27 isn't great as I prefer Outs/Outs at a minimum at that age. Market seems to be quite pricey so just gotta keep searching until you find a suitable one 8).

But if you feel that FM is worth the money, don't let anybody stop you. It's YOUR team so you get the final call ;).

CrowsFan

End of over 9 (maiden) - The Matchbox Matadors(25-2). 243 runs required from 41 overs. RR 2.78 RRR 5.93
R. Donfeld 0 (0b) , K. Temiz 2 (7b) , Z. Khan 5-1-10-2

This is not going to be a pretty scoreline at the end. I rate low 90k and he rates high 120's...

bomberboy0618

I would ask my gc captain for help but he is even more clueless than me.
I think I am cursed in regards to gc.

Justin Bieber

Ouch BB! Once again luck isn't on your side :P.

End of over 10 (4 runs) - chrisuzz(55-1). 206 runs required from 40 overs. RR 5.50 RRR 5.15
P. Arnold 29 (36b) , A. Moffat 1 (2b) , L. Rabou 5-0-24-1

Now to strike out Padman before he outscores Gallagher ;D.

CrowsFan

Haha battle of the nats is it HP?
It is the same in my game except I have 0 nats and he has 5! :o

bomberboy0618

I hate this game. I thought I was over this crap then bam it happens again.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 04, 2011, 06:47:43 PM
Haha battle of the nats is it HP?
It is the same in my game except I have 0 nats and he has 5! :o
OUCH :o. Yep, last week it was but it was his Senior team against my Youth team..... Not very fair :P. Both performing well though before they head off on tour tommorrow.

End of over 13 (3 runs) - chrisuzz(66-1). 195 runs required from 37 overs. RR 5.08 RRR 5.27
P. Arnold 35 (46b) , A. Moffat 6 (10b) , T. Evans 2-0-5-0

Considering I only have 1 FM and he's not that great just yet (16 y.o), wickets are hard to come by for me :'(.

Jimmyk

for those that dont know, im havnt been playing for long so ive got a fairly rookie team.

What do you thiink of this guy?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=638509

Justin Bieber

I'd say avoid Rea/Rea at 19. That and his Experience/Endurance is just too low (dreadful Endurance will take a season to fix to average).

Should get a few Cap/Cap 19 y.o's coming onto the market in 2-3 weeks (nearing end of playing season). When on holidays, can help find some bargains for you/Holz and others. Not hard if you just keep scouting the TM and wait for some to get past others.

Luigi197

Can i ask, why the inflated market? or are you all asking the same question?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 04, 2011, 07:03:23 PM
Can i ask, why the inflated market? or are you all asking the same question?
I'd say it will remain inflated so this has become the "norm". The EOS prizemoney has now been split, half at EOS and half added to the weekly sponsorship (I think). Means people have more money to spend (or quite a few on here, Invest into academies). I like the idea as it helps maintaining academies without losing cash.

Although for new teams it's pretty hard to get a good team. When I started, I could get Rel/Rel or Acc/Acc players for 10-20k who were 19-21. It's probably just moving on in the times and more users and lack of quality players on the market don't help the matter.

CrowsFan

End of over 21 (maiden) - The Matchbox Matadors(58-7). 210 runs required from 29 overs. RR 2.76 RRR 7.24
S. Mathea 0 (0b) , J. Wilkinson 0 (9b) , D. Brain 1-1-0-1

Well this is getting embarrassing :(
Stupid sticky wicket!