Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 29, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
Then why buy those sort of players in the first place?

I bought them over a month ago when cap/cap was in my best XI...

My side has progressed since, no reason to keep them around anymore.

Don't worry Cookie :) it all works out... Like how I've progressed faster than PB/Cyrus :)

cookie311993

thats because Pb isnt trying to improve his side it doesnt seem. like baz said he doesnt take advice, and cyrus is still pretty good he is in england against shower teams in div 7.

Nails

Yeah but why keep these guys if I don't use them? No point paying 15-20K in wages just so I can get full price for them when they're only going to sell for 15-25K...

Even you suggested I should sell these guys Cookie :o

Average (per purchase):   $30,488
Average (per sale):   $60,423

Still making profits on the majority of my sales anyway.

valkorum

If you want to get rid of them because they are not required then why put silly minimum prices on them.  Just put them at $0 and get rid of them.

Fletch74

Again, that's you way of playing the game. Good luck ;) It might be a bit odd to me, but if it works for you, then you'll do fine.

Nails

Quote from: valkorum on August 29, 2011, 12:10:48 PM
If you want to get rid of them because they are not required then why put silly minimum prices on them.  Just put them at $0 and get rid of them.

I can use them as back up players if needed... although not really required... It's only a $2K risk so not much...

@Fletch - thanks :) I just think why keep a player around if they're useless for you? No point, I'd like to think I'm progressing nicely so far anyway... should be over 145K ratings once I purchase one more player.

Might end up being totally irrelevant when I pull a $500k+ YP in 38 minutes.

cookie311993

Its hard though nails because they both had a spot in your side until you bought those old players for your match against Metzy's

Cyrus

Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2011, 12:03:55 PM

Don't worry Cookie :) it all works out... Like how I've progressed faster than PB/Cyrus :)
how the flower did i get dragged into this
fact is your ahead of me cos i coped some bad advice when i started and ive spent 2 months trying to get it back
leave me out of you bullshower kiddie fights

cookie311993

nails i think 500k is a bit much at this point in the season. Plus cyrus you should have been included in the FFAL IMO

Nails

Quote from: Cyrus on August 29, 2011, 12:23:25 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2011, 12:03:55 PM

how the flower did i get dragged into this
fact is your ahead of me cos i coped some bad advice when i started and ive spent 2 months trying to get it back
leave me out of you bullshower kiddie fights

Not really a "kiddie fight" - we were just discussing different strategies and ways to go about the game.

I was just comparing myself to you/PB because we both started around the same time/week...

I also started out poorly paying heaps more for players then they're worth. You're just a logical choice to compare myself to.

@Cookie - I only have one "old" player left really... Stone = getting fired soon and he'll be replaced by the player I buy with my $150K this week...

Then I just have Mamta who's useful for 1-2 more seasons.

Nails

Cyrus was in the original four for FFAL... I planned it to be Him/PB/Lui and Myself... but he had GC or whatever so Cyrus isn't in it :(

cookie311993

dont fire him nails,  he should sell to a new player

Master Q

Nails, Ud-Din, Mamta and Stone are all consider old. Generally 26 or older are classified as oldies...

cookie311993

Ud-din isnt really old, 25-28 is when players are starting to reach their peak. Stone (32) is veteran and will retire soon, Mamta is good while he lasts without plopping. But oldies are good for your side to provide a little bit of support for the young players

also does anyone know when the majority of players are online? i am pretty sure it is Friday night when the Scottish leagues start matches but i am not 100% sure. Wanting to know to try and make more profit from a player on the market. Would be either thursday or friday i think

Nails

I saw 370 players online either friday night or Saturday morning...

not 100% when exactly but it was around then.

370 = more than I've usually seen.