Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Well Otieno has attracted a bid at 300k. Sad to let him go but in the long run it is for the best.
When you factor in the revenue he made for the club (through winning me matches etc. :P) and now this I'd say he has done very well for a seasons work.  8)

Setting my orders against Barlow. Hopefully things go well, I'll be playing 3 mediums on the green pitch so I'll have to hope they can get the job done.

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 18, 2011, 11:44:42 AM
Does anyone have a clue what the hell BB has done with his orders for his match against Roost? It appears he is throwing the match although he was saying he wanted the membership
Link to the game? It sounds puzzling, maybe he forgot to make his orders and it stayed with his default line-up. Or he made the orders ages ago and he's bought more players since then.

cookie311993

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1504807

look closely at batting order and bowling order and his keeper

Also is anyone interested in Msipha. LFS AR I am highly thinking of putting him on the market. Want to see what offers i get from here though before i do put him on the market

Nails

Looking forward to what is hopefully a huge upset vs Daz starting in 30 minutes....

*fingers crossed*

Went a slightly lesser skilled RM on D over my RF (Texel who takes a lot of wickets) because I want a bit of a stronger batting/fielding line up

And Harris is an ave batter vs. Texel who's ord.

valkorum

Quote from: Nails on August 18, 2011, 12:29:55 PM
Looking forward to what is hopefully a huge upset vs Daz starting in 30 minutes....

*fingers crossed*

Went a slightly lesser skilled RM on D over my RF (Texel who takes a lot of wickets) because I want a bit of a stronger batting/fielding line up

And Harris is an ave batter vs. Texel who's ord.

I personally couldnt care what my bowlers skill is in batting. They are there to take wickets not bat.  If I am worried that my tail-enders have to score then I would be more worried about what my top 7 (including WK and AR) are doing.

I always put the best 4 bowlers in my lineup regardless of their batting skills

Nails

It's also a matter of having 3 strike bowlers vs 2 strike bowlers...

It's a hot/dry so doesn't really favour bowling a strike seamer as both pitch and weather will disadvantage him.

This way I now have 3 economic bowlers and 2 strike bowlers...

I suppose Harris with his Ave batting really is my AR to be honest... I do have my best 4 bowlers on, for the conditions.

cookie311993

I dont worry about how well my tail bats either valk. They are there to take wickets and keep the total low. Ideally i would prefer if they didnt have to pick up the bat

Nails

I don't care how my tail bats.... when my opponent doesn't outrate me by a solid 20K in ratings... I have realistic expectations... and 2 seam strike bowlers on a spinners wicket might have been too much anyway

cookie311993

no its not nails. You need strike bowlers against the teams in FFPL2. Mamta and whoever else and Ud-Din should create some trouble for the batters with conditions favouring him

cookie311993

3 spinners nails seems a bit to much

BratPack

What sort of price are you looking for for Msipha Cookie?

cookie311993

i bought him for 200k but i have no clue what he is worth with this market or even in the game atm? i thought he was a bargain for 200k with his skills and exp for 21 and talent. I might wait abit try and pump his primaries up abit. I really dont know whether to sell him or not.

Nails

Daz is beating me down pretty easy :(

At least I had 5 pops today, 4 of which were endo/fielding but Sweeney popped to accomplished keeping at 20yo :) still has ~3.87K spare ratings too.

cookie311993

a good week then nails.  Your best chance of a win would have been Maca maybe last week or the week before. Whenever he had to play a number of youths. He seems to have rebuilt back to a decent level

Nails

Yeah pretty satisfying week....

Better than last week: 0 pops 1 plop whereas this week 5 pops 0 plops...

Ud-Din hit 49K ratings this week too, should soon be my first 50K rated player :O

Once I get him to spex/except endo not sure what to train him on... Power or Fielding or try and get 1 level of batting... If I train him in fielding I could get him to spec/excep fielding...