Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

some people aye average dont mean jack

Nails

1.3   .   Williams to Simon : [dropped] Edged... and down! Great diving effort from Thornton but he was always going to be struggling to catch that one, Simon can count his lucky stars after that near miss.

How the eff does this bot get soo many chances? His players are pathetic and he nearly has me two down...

Shame I'm nearly half way to the total though lol.

The Nailers won by 9 wickets

The Nailers   South Australia
Batting - Top Order:   7,719   2,829
Batting - Middle Order:   4,602   2,183
Batting - Tail:   3,350   1,970
Bowling - Seam:   7,049 (8)   2,837 (4)
Bowling - Spin:   6,969 (2)   2,499 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:   6,633   3,192
Overall:   114,398   48,708

Man of the match:   Tijmen Texel (3 points) 4-0-8-4, Billy Maddox (2) 2.1-1-1-2, Kumarila Pasuma (1) 2-0-3-1

Not bad ratings w/ my oldest players @ 21yo.

Cicjose

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on August 16, 2011, 01:42:00 PM
Nails if you are playing bots then now is the perfect time to build up your fielding for next season when you play better opponents. All these dropped chances will have a greater effect on your performances in the next few seasons when you are playing more competitive opponents.
That is what i'm doing. 4 bots in SOD. Amazingly i have the top side in each league this week.

cookie311993

i doubt you will promote in sod pb

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 16, 2011, 03:55:48 PM
i doubt you will promote in sod pb
Thanks for the encouragement cookie.

cookie311993

You are welcome he is levels above your side

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on August 16, 2011, 01:31:13 PM
Are dismissals that don't have [caught] in them ones that don't require a skill check?
That instance wasn't a fielding check. Unless it says in brackets caught at the start, it was just his time to get out.

Quote from: Bazinga on August 16, 2011, 01:34:46 PM
Tell me about it...

Reas fielding is an acceptable level but it's my reas fielders dropping catches  ::)
Well maybe the game is trying to tell you that reasonable fielding isn't accpetable. The minimum fielding in my senior team is capable and my players still make misfields and drop quite a few catches.
I think at the start of building a team, Reasonable is fine. Don't push Fielding out the window completely but make sure you keep trying to get it up when a player reaches a certain level. I trained my Seniors when they were 20-22 to Reliable Fielding. Set for quite some time so get to Outs/Outs by the time they are 24/25. Fielding trains when Younger so try to get it out of the way early (I did basically all in a season and a bit for my Senior team).

When buying, look for Senior Players with at least Reasonable fielding, especially as you look for older players (should hopefully have higher level). Will save you from training them in it so you can get up their Primaries.

AFEV

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 16, 2011, 05:31:58 PM
Tell me about it...

Reas fielding is an acceptable level but it's my reas fielders dropping catches  ::)
Well maybe the game is trying to tell you that reasonable fielding isn't accpetable. The minimum fielding in my senior team is capable and my players still make misfields and drop quite a few catches.
I think at the start of building a team, Reasonable is fine. Don't push Fielding out the window completely but make sure you keep trying to get it up when a player reaches a certain level. I trained my Seniors when they were 20-22 to Reliable Fielding. Set for quite some time so get to Outs/Outs by the time they are 24/25. Fielding trains when Younger so try to get it out of the way early (I did basically all in a season and a bit for my Senior team).

When buying, look for Senior Players with at least Reasonable fielding, especially as you look for older players (should hopefully have higher level). Will save you from training them in it so you can get up their Primaries.
I go to reliable as well, but I get them there by 24 instead of 22 :P

Nails

Yeah I'm thinking I'll train one level of fielding every year... once they're @reas...

therefore reas @ 21 is the goal, capable 22, reliable 23... mebbe? I don't know... I'll work it out as I go...

Hopefully Sweeney has Keeping/Fielding/Batting/Tech/Exp pops this week... (I know that's pretty much impossible) but it'd be nice and he probably wouldn't need any more fielding training for a few weeks..

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on August 16, 2011, 05:36:07 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 16, 2011, 05:31:58 PM
Tell me about it...

I go to reliable as well, but I get them there by 24 instead of 22 :P
lol same here.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on August 16, 2011, 05:39:41 PM
Yeah I'm thinking I'll train one level of fielding every year... once they're @reas...

therefore reas @ 21 is the goal, capable 22, reliable 23... mebbe? I don't know... I'll work it out as I go...

Hopefully Sweeney has Keeping/Fielding/Batting/Tech/Exp pops this week... (I know that's pretty much impossible) but it'd be nice and he probably wouldn't need any more fielding training for a few weeks..
Sounds good for the long term 8). If you are keen on your current players, don't see a problem with this. But if you are planning on being on the lookout for better players to overhaul the squad, then could just go primaries (as they will sell for more no doubt).

I am doing that with Youths kinda. Ord by 17, Ave by 18 and Reas at 19/20. Of course that training is moreso for my Long term prospects.

Master Q

Pulled this guy last week, not that great but a WS with Prodigy is tasty. Got a pop straight away in Tech today  :P

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=783960

roo boys!

Maca, how much were you going to pay again for Etwaroo? ;)

Nails

Quote from: Master Q on August 16, 2011, 05:46:39 PM
Pulled this guy last week, not that great but a WS with Prodigy is tasty. Got a pop straight away in Tech today  :P

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=783960

Meh, He'll be alright... but I reckon with prod and skilled power he'd make a great candidate for your power beast :P

Legendary power w/ skilled power! Haha.