Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

4.3   W   Texel to Nayak : [Slower Ball] Slower ball outside the off stump, Nayak doesn't get the required elevation to clear the man inside the circle and holes out to Kreder at mid-off. It's a combination of smart bowling and poor batting.
A. Nayak c A. Kreder b. T. Texel 7 (15b 0x4 0x6) SR:46.67

Triggered talents y0!!!

Texel my friend you were a wicket taking machine... 3-1-7-2 :)

J. Bubb having a great day in the field.... 1 catch and 3x great fielding.

cookie311993

havent seen you complaining much about your squads fielding today nails so i am guessing you have been performing well in the field

Nails

7x great fielding
3x misfield
2x catches
0x dropped catches

Pretty happy with that :) if I was bowling Ud-Din we'd probably have a dropped catch by now, but Ud-Din isn't playing so the boys are fielding well.

Nails

22.2   W   Greig to Ganguly : Huge lbw appeal by Greig... and up goes the finger! Ganguly is shaking his head in disagreement, but the umpire continues to give him the finger and insists he take a walk.
A. Ganguly lbw b. J. Greig 22 (56b 0x4 0x6) SR:39.29

53 run partnership broken :)

Great work Greig, shame it wasn't Texel taking the wicket, I want him to get another 5 for...

cookie311993

Ud-Din always has catches dropped off his bowling. I dont know why though. You just must be unlucky with those particular fielding checks

Nails

Yeah I honestly can not remember the last game where Ud-Din hasn't had a catch dropped off his bowling... I don't know...

Maybe the ME is stuffed and if you have a fielder rated a lot higher than your other fielders it hurts the others? Haha, I know that's 99% unlikely, but the one games where I have my outstanding fielder (Ud-Din) not playing, all the fielding goes superbly.

cookie311993

yeah not sure how that works but it might be the batting skills of your opposition. If the batting skill of the opposition is higher than your fielding skills you are more than likely to have a failed fielding check

Nails

25.3   W   Texel to Kamal : [Slower Ball] Finally the slower one does the trick. Texel bowled a fuller delivery outside off, Kamal makes room to clear mid-off but manages to find Bubb situated at the edge of the circle.
N. Kamal c J. Bubb b. T. Texel 5 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR:41.67

Texel loves cleaning up with his Slower Ball. :)

He started out today with a 5 wicket lead over everyone else (other than Mamta who won't challenge him) for leading wicket taker in the league and that's his 4th wicket today, looks like he might have that trophy all wrapped up.

cookie311993

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=446897
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=405911

good players right here. I doubt they will stay in a price range for me to afford so i just thought i would place a bid and see how it goes

Nails

That's similar to my guy Cookie in that I threw money on but don't expect to get him, your guys are a fair bit better than mine though... doubt I'll get it, but if I do my academy will take a declining+ hit for one week...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=452656

He'll be a gun for me though.

29.4   1   Texel to Razzak : [Slower Ball] Slower ball, wide of off stump, Razzak adjusts his shot nicely and works it away behind point for a single.

His third last ball, tried to use that Slower Ball to pick up another wicket but failed :( Carn Texel! 2 balls to get a 5fer!

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=452656

Maybe I overpaid a bit, he has just popped in Endo and Technique it would appear, only has 1,637 spare ratings but will be the future of the club alongside Simon, Texel and Maddox.

My SA will have to take a declining+ hit this week but I feel it was worth it.

cookie311993

Thats not good nails if your senior academy has to take a hit just to get a new player. But i would have to say he will really benefit your team now all you need is to invest money into your senior academy

Nails

6.6   W   Rabbani to Simon : [catch] It's up! Kamal is coming round quickly for it... and takes the catch! Rash thinking and a bit of premeditation from Simon has him on the way back to the pavilion.
R. Simon c N. Kamal b. M. Rabbani 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
6.5   W   Rabbani to Yogish : Ouch! A great inswinging yorker crashes into Yogish's back foot. They all go up in a huge appeal and finally the umpire's finger goes up. Interestingly, not only does the replay show that was going well down leg side, it also shows Yogish had limped nearly a whole leg bye before the finger went up. Insult to injury...
A. Yogish lbw b. M. Rabbani 29 (27b 3x4 0x6) SR:107.41

WTF that's 3 matches in a row Simon has got out for a duck?!?!

cookie311993

i say it might well be your tactics nails

Nails

Twice he has been on D, this time he was on N...