Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Cyurus, i really need to play you on a spinning wicket. This week we play on a pace bowlers wicket, you should beat me, but as you have no real spinner, and i have 3, i'd like to play on a spinning wicket.

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on August 07, 2011, 04:07:15 PM
Cyurus, i really need to play you on a spinning wicket. This week we play on a pace bowlers wicket, you should beat me, but as you have no real spinner, and i have 3, i'd like to play on a spinning wicket.
if you really want a battle of bowlers we should play on a flat deck

PowerBug

Quote from: Cyrus on August 07, 2011, 04:09:35 PM
Challenge Issued on a flat deck, sunny day.

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on August 07, 2011, 04:15:57 PM
Quote from: Cyrus on August 07, 2011, 04:09:35 PM
Challenge Issued on a flat deck, sunny day.
Challenge Accepted  ;)

6.1   W   Wade to Cannon : Good length delivery, pitched close to the off stump line and the ball nipped back in late, Cannon is caught on the wrong foot and in the end it was a nothing shot. He leaves a yawing gap between bat and pad through which comes the dreadful sound of timber breaking.
L. Cannon b. H. Wade 7 (17b 0x4 0x6) SR:41.18
   End of over 6 (2 runs) - Luigi Industries(22-0) RR 3.67
S. Johnson 9 (20b) , L. Cannon 7 (16b) , E. Proverbs 3-0-9-0

Cyrus

9.5   W   Proverbs to Johnson : Ouch! A great inswinging yorker crashes into Johnson's back foot. They all go up in a huge appeal and finally the umpire's finger goes up. Interestingly, not only does the replay show that was going well down leg side, it also shows Johnson had limped nearly a whole leg bye before the finger went up. Insult to injury...
S. Johnson lbw b. E. Proverbs 22 (35b 1x4 0x6) SR:62.86

oh well its in the book now  ;D

End of over 10 (5 runs) - Luigi Industries(42-2) RR 4.20
B. Lee 0 (1b) , S. Harris 7 (7b) , E. Proverbs 5-0-16-1

PowerBug

I once got caught due to bad sportmanship from the keeper. He claimed to have taken it, but it dropped short.

PowerBug

From Cyrus's last wicket - 'the umpire continues to give him the finger'

Which finger?

Cyrus

End of over 11 (maiden) - Luigi Industries(42-3) RR 3.82
M. Saunders 0 (0b) , B. Lee 0 (1b) , K. Muqeem 1-1-0-1
10.6   W   Muqeem to Harris : Huge lbw appeal by Muqeem... and up goes the finger! Harris is shaking his head in disagreement, but the umpire continues to give him the finger and insists he take a walk.
S. Harris lbw b. K. Muqeem 7 (13b 0x4 0x6) SR:53.85

wicket maiden  :)

Cyrus

Quote from: Cyrus on August 07, 2011, 04:30:48 PM
9.5   W   Proverbs to Johnson : Ouch! A great inswinging yorker crashes into Johnson's back foot. They all go up in a huge appeal and finally the umpire's finger goes up. Interestingly, not only does the replay show that was going well down leg side, it also shows Johnson had limped nearly a whole leg bye before the finger went up. Insult to injury...
S. Johnson lbw b. E. Proverbs 22 (35b 1x4 0x6) SR:62.86

oh well its in the book now  ;D

End of over 10 (5 runs) - Luigi Industries(42-2) RR 4.20
B. Lee 0 (1b) , S. Harris 7 (7b) , E. Proverbs 5-0-16-1
12.2   .   Muqeem to Saunders : The thinnest edge through to Lees, and he's out! Or is he? Saunders stands his ground, and the umpire stands motionless. Muqeem is not a happy chappy.
even now

CrowsFan

Oh the days when I used to read the commentary haha

Cyrus

yipppppeeeeeeee
off to the inlaws i go
will be interesting to see how the match unfolds when i get home

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 07, 2011, 04:41:14 PM
Oh the days when I used to read the commentary haha
Same.
When I learnt they are in no way connected to what is actually happening, I stopped :x

PowerBug

And then you realise that every game says the same thing, just in a different order.

PowerBug

Well, a football game just finished, Brizzy vs Adelaide. Should i write the final score?

CrowsFan