Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: MajorLazer on August 03, 2011, 10:18:11 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on August 03, 2011, 08:48:59 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=455653

HIGHLY doubt I will get him but I shall chase him hard.
RB, can you tell me how high you are gonna go for him. I'm also looking at him and will have a bit of money after the sale of my YP.
Probably about 400k.

PowerBug

Had a good win yesterday agianst another team which doesn't rest players and has tired players before the start.

7 wicket win, Fett 78, Roach ~50not.

Nails

WTF srsly...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=896

He has been playing for only a few days if I understand correctly? (his team name was different in matches ~31st July)

and he got this youth pull at 1.3mil right now...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=776108

PowerBug

I wish could have started like that!

PowerBug

1 month Pav membership just started.

Nails

Wilmink has called tails correctly and has decided to bat. Hello will start their innings shortly.

The weather for the match is expected to be Sunny and the groundsmen have prepared a Green pitch. Conditions look good for the seam bowlers.

A crowd of 1,081 has arrived at The Nailers CG today for the One Day Friendly match between The Nailers and Hello.

Fingers crossed for an upset.

End of over 1 (2 runs) - Hello(2-0) RR 2.00
R. Gallagher 2 (6b) , A. Habib 0 (0b) , K. Mamta 1-0-2-0

not a bad start.

End of over 4 (13 runs) - Hello(21-0) RR 5.25

All hope is lost :(

End of over 5 (maiden) - Hello(21-0) RR 4.20
A. Habib 14 (17b) , R. Gallagher 7 (13b) , K. Mamta 3-1-5-0

Texel needs to take a page from Mamta's book  >:(

CrowsFan

Yep Nails he joined on the 30th of July. Some people just get all the luck ;)

Nails

6.4   .   Mamta to Gallagher : [dropped] An edge, but Sweeney's poor footwork means he's not in a position to hold the catch. Mamta is livid.

Arrr! Our chance to fight back! If only Sweeney popped before the game :(

6.6   .   Mamta to Gallagher : [dropped] Gallagher drives in the air, straight at cover point. Pasuma gets both hands to it but the ball doesn't stick, he has a second attempt at grabbing it before it hits the deck but fails miserably. He can't look Mamta in the eye.

flowering hell, beginning to see a need for fielding  ::) ::) ::)

4 misfields resulting in boundaries and 2 dropped catches  :-\

11.3   6   Ud-Din to Gallagher : [Boundary Hitter] Get your sauce out ladies and gents, Ud-Din is bowling pies down the pitch

Boundary Hitter  ::) ::) ::) ::)

cookie311993

I said to train fielding nails

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=447710

Meant to be my 3rd best bowler, why do you perform like my 10th best...

22 runs off 8 balls  ::)

13.4   4   Ud-Din to Gallagher : [Boundary Hitter] A fiercely hit cover drive which has the fielder at silly mid off jumping for cover.

BH destroying Ud-Din's otherwise economic figures.

13.6   W   Ud-Din to Habib : Oh he's been burgled! Habib has left the gate wide open and Ud-Din has cleaned him out! All that's left is leg stump performing its finest impression of Pisa's famous tower!
A. Habib b. A. Ud-Din 38 (37b 4x4 0x6) SR:102.70

Solid bowling Ud-Din :)

at LEAST once per match:

15.1   .   Ud-Din to Wilmink : [dropped] Edged down the leg side and Sweeney is unable to gather it cleanly.

They could be 3 down now if we held our catches...

@Cookie I put 4-5 of my players (the ones with less than 3.5K spare ratings) on fielding training, sound good?

15.5   .   Ud-Din to Gallagher : [missed runout] Gallagher calls for a single but is sent back by his partner. Texel makes a wild return and misses the run out opportunity.  ::)

CrowsFan

Nails you should put any of the guys who aren't up to a certain standard of fielding on fielding training no matter what their spare ratings are. Pretty sure HP must have his players at reliable fielding before he trains other things. For me I try and have them on capable. So maybe for you you should try and get them all to reasonable fielding for now?

cookie311993

Put your entire side on fielding

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 04, 2011, 01:51:06 PM
Nails you should put any of the guys who aren't up to a certain standard of fielding on fielding training no matter what their spare ratings are. Pretty sure HP must have his players at reliable fielding before he trains other things. For me I try and have them on capable. So maybe for you you should try and get them all to reasonable fielding for now?

What if their primaries aren't very good though? Like Pasuma is only rel/rel and that isn't the standard I want in my side :( ?

Like what are the advantages of training fielding now rather than getting my players up to acceptable primary standards?

17.4   W   Ud-Din to Gallagher : [catch] Charges down the track and sends this one high up into the sky. Texel settles under it at long on and takes a comfortable catch.
R. Gallagher c T. Texel b. A. Ud-Din 58 (58b 5x4 2x6) SR:100.00

Finally! got him!

18.6   2   Maddox to Selth : [dropped] Edged, and straight through the wicketkeeper for two. Shoddy stuff there.

If all our chances stuck they'd be 4 down right now.... not 2 down... and probably a lot slower with the run rate... not sure why Maddox IS SUCH A flowerING RETARDED PIECE OF shower SPUD

A. Ud-Din 5-1-18-2

B. Maddox 5-0-53-0

Wow great, expert/accomplished... good for nothing, Ud-Din kept up the pressure at his end but you just let all the pressure disappear  ::) ::) ::) ::)

21.4   W   Mamta to Wilmink : [catch] Got him! Pushes it through outside off stump, Wilmink doesn't transfer his weight at all and his tentative poke provides an edge which carries safely to Ud-Din at first slip.
D. Wilmink c A. Ud-Din b. K. Mamta 22 (25b 1x4 0x6) SR:88.00

Mamta what a gun! 1 run off the over and a nice handy wicket! Not surprising that my outstanding summary fielder was the one who took the catch. Ud-Din = gun

End of over 23 (8 runs) - Hello(143-3) RR 6.22

7 byes off that over::)

2 overs after drinks and HP is 1/1 since drinks  ;D

Pasuma/Mamta kept them to 1/10 off 5 overs after drinks... Texel comes on to bowl, 11 runs in one over  ::)

CrowsFan

Fielding trains far quicker than anything else so it is quicker training them to an acceptable level of fielding then switching to primary than training primary to a good level and then switching to fielding

Nails

32.6   W   Texel to Currie : [Slower Ball] Well, Currie's going to be embarrassed when he sees the replay! Texel came steaming up to the wicket with murder in his eyes, Currie, expecting a short pitched delivery has ducked and a beautifully disguised slower ball has floated down and hit his cowering body plumb in front!
D. Currie lbw b. T. Texel 18 (38b 0x4 0x6) SR:47.37

Trigger talents :) w00t. Other than that 11 run over everything has been pretty good with ~2/16 off the other 7 overs...

34.4   W   Texel to Kimathi : That's the kind of ball seamers dream of delivering. Pitched on leg stump, and moved off the seam to clip the off bail. Unplayable.
C. Kimathi b. T. Texel 17 (25b 1x4 0x6) SR:68.00

Texel got smashed when I had him on A, but now we're into the last of the recognised batsmen and he's doing me proud :)