Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

16.4   W   Ud-Din to Yardley : [stumped] Sleek work from Sweeney, no need for the replay. The batsman's patience gave way as he shimmied and shuffled down the pitch. Ud-Din saw him coming and cleverly dragged it down, completely beating him with some sharp spin.
J. Yardley st J. Sweeney b. A. Ud-Din 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Sweeney heard you talking about how I should get a new keeper cause he couldn't catch :P

He thought he'd show you otherwise PB  ;D

PowerBug

I thought this would happen.

W
Ud-Din to Yardley : [stumped] Sleek work from Sweeney, no need for the replay. The batsman's patience gave way as he shimmied and shuffled down the pitch. Ud-Din saw him coming and cleverly dragged it down, completely beating him with some sharp spin.
J. Yardley st J. Sweeney b. A. Ud-Din 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

PowerBug

Davey Stone? Putting a bit of pressure on him.

Nails

20.5   .   Stone to Livingston : [dropped] Uppishly played towards cover, Simon dives forward, gets his hands underneath the ball, but then somehow manages to drop the ball.

All your bats other than Tonge have been dismissed on 9... that would have continued the trend  >:(

Nails

21.1   W   Mamta to Tonge : [catch] An ugly swipe takes the top edge. Mamta tracks the swirling ball and gleefully accepts the catch.
G. Tonge c & b. K. Mamta 35 (79b 0x4 0x6) SR:44.30

Mamta rarely gets wickets in his first 5 overs but always picks up quite a few in his 2nd spell against the lesser bats... be warned.

PowerBug

Could that be the lucky break?

PowerBug

I did it again! I say something positive and a wicket falls.

W
Mamta to Tonge : [catch] An ugly swipe takes the top edge. Mamta tracks the swirling ball and gleefully accepts the catch.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 02:26:29 PM
I did it again! I say something positive and a wicket falls.

W
Mamta to Tonge : [catch] An ugly swipe takes the top edge. Mamta tracks the swirling ball and gleefully accepts the catch.

If you look at the forum it wasn't because you said something as I posted the wicket before you posted your positive comment :P

But maybe this one was...

22.2   W   Stone to Harku : [stumped] Oh dear, a rank long hop from Stone and Harku charges gleefully, but he has missed it completely. Sweeney accepts the gift and neatly taps the bails off and there is pandemonium. High fives all round. Stone grins sheepishly, that deserved to be sent over the boundary, not a wicket!
B. Harku st J. Sweeney b. D. Stone 1 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:33.33

PowerBug

I posted the message before I saw the wicket.

Nails

24.2   W   Stone to Paree : [catch] There's a noise as that goes through to Sweeney and Stone turns and appeals. Glove? Bat? Paree's arthritic wrists playing up? Doesn't matter, umpire says it's out.
J. Paree c J. Sweeney b. D. Stone 1 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR:14.29

STONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PowerBug

PowerBug

Last four overs, 3/6. That cost me the match.

PowerBug

Who attempts to score first ball after a drink's break, no-one except Livingston.

W
Mamta to Livingston : [runout] Smart work from the fielder there and Livingston is run out comfortably.
L. Livingston run out (A. Ud-Din) 13 (21b 0x4 0x6) SR:61.90

PowerBug

First run in a while.

nb
Mamta to Vadher : Vadher goes fishing for that, but he wasn't able to tackle it. I'll stop carping on.

And the bowler gave it to us!

PowerBug

Game over.

W
Mamta to Vadher : [catch] Short ball, and hooked straight down the throat of the man in the deep! Out!
C. Vadher c J. Bubb b. K. Mamta 0 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

W
Stone to Charles : Full flighted delivery by Stone and Charles's indecision sees the ball crash into the stumps.
C. Charles b. D. Stone 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00