Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

End of over 2 (maiden) - MetzysWaccas(1-0) RR 0.50
R. Engelbert 1 (8b) , J. Hill 0 (4b) , B. Maddox 1-1-0-0

Probably my toughest and most important match for the season... off to a solid start.

3.5   W   B. Maddox to Engelbert : A straight ball hits him in line, the finger is slowly raised.
R. Engelbert lbw b. B. Maddox 1 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR:8.33

End of over 4 (3 runs) - MetzysWaccas(5-1) RR 1.25
B. Yogesh 0 (1b) , J. Hill 4 (11b) , B. Maddox 2-1-3-1

Keep it coming Maddox :) great to see you performing for once!

5.6   4   B. Maddox to Yogesh : [Slower Ball] That's a poor delivery, the slower ball gone horribly wrong. Pulled away for four.

B. Yogesh 10 (9b)

Yogesh is his best bat... and performing damn it  ::)

11.6   6   Texel to Hill : Drags it down and Hill rocks back to violently mow it over square leg and into the stands. Tremendous power, but an extremely average delivery.
11.5   4   Texel to Hill : And that's superb... and delicate... and exceptionally difficult. Hill thinks innovatively, moves quickly and times perfectly, allowing the full ball to run off the full face of the bat and down to the vacant 3rd man region for 4 runs.

This guy was tired 5 overs in... why isn't he out yet boys?  >:(

Nails

14.2   W   Ud-Din to Hill : [Arm Ball] Hill advances, misreads the spin and is comprehensively stumped.
J. Hill st J. Sweeney b. A. Ud-Din 33 (40b 3x4 1x6) SR:82.50

14.1   4   Ud-Din to Hill : [misfield] Texel makes a meal of it and four runs the result.

Yeah I would've been bad and thrown down an arm ball after getting smacked around like that too Ud-Din  >:(

15.4   W   Texel to Yogesh : Gone. Clean bowled. Simple as that.
B. Yogesh b. T. Texel 23 (38b 1x4 0x6) SR:60.53

Texel you are the man! You always perform for me!

16.1   W   Ud-Din to Douglas : [catch] Controversy here as Douglas refuses to walk! Snicko is inconclusive, but Douglas clearly felt there was no edge. Eventually he trudges disconsolately back to the pavilion, but the Match Referee may have something to say about that little episode!
G. Douglas c J. Sweeney b. A. Ud-Din 2 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR:40.00

Ud-Din does it again!

cookie311993

cmon nails. going well mate. hopefully you can get the win

Nails

Thanks for the encouragement cookdawg :)

Yeah yesterday this guy rated 139K in his friendly... and I rated 129K

He's ranked 420 odd spots higher than me in world rankings

BUT: two of my players are revived and the rest are rested...

His players: satisfactory/moderate/passable/energetic etc...

Gives me the edge I think :)

Bowled a wide and with the extra delivery:
18.6   b4   Ud-Din to Paskal : That's beaten Paskal and it's beaten Sweeney. 4 byes.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

cookie311993

yeah it should give you the edge mate. You dont need to buy players if you can beat him and get a good run rate before next match

Nails

Not if this keeps happening...

nb first ball of the over.... the extra delivery:

19.6   4   Texel to Paskal : [misfield] Crashed away to the boundary where Siddiq bends down to field the ball and lets it run straight through his fingers. My son has better hand to eye co-ordination, and he's 5!

21.3   W   Mamta to Paskal : Paskal goes big but doesn't quite get onto it as he'd like. Simon makes up some great ground and launches himself towards the ball. Superb catch! At full stretch too! Paskal is seen muttering angrily to himself on the way back to the pavilion, I hope they have insurance and a good window fitter.
P. Paskal c R. Simon b. K. Mamta 10 (19b 1x4 0x6) SR:52.63

21.6   W   Mamta to Chinyengetere : Terrific ball that moved away just a touch from Chinyengetere, drawn forward into a drive, and it took a thin outside edge to a diving Sweeney behind the stumps.
M. Chinyengetere c J. Sweeney b. K. Mamta 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Spectacular summary RF... I bought you with this match in mind and it is proving to be well worth it :)

Double wicket maiden. GUN!!! 6-2-6-2 :) killing it!

22.4   W   Stone to John : Looping flight from Stone, but John reads it early, dances down the track to get to the pitch. His attempt to slam it straight back over the bowler's head only results in a simple catch for long on.
S. John c T. Texel b. D. Stone 9 (20b 1x4 0x6) SR:45.00

First time I bowled you because you're a 32yo who will fatigue, but I gave you the call up for this crumbler w/ Alex's advice and you're not letting me down mate! 2-0-4-1

cookie311993

mamta on fire. I still am not at full strength. been resting players to hopefully be fit for next weeks matches. Gonna throw my PC match and only gonna play players under 24 for the exp

Nails

K. Mamta 7-3-6-2

Solid maiden mate :) Let's show MetzysWaccas which team is going to promote this season!

D. Stone 3-1-4-1

13 consecutive dot balls... and now drinks.

25.5   W   Mamta to Niehuus : That's plumb! Niehuus is checking the edge of his bat as if to indicate that he got something on it, but the replays show he was nowhere near it. Off you go son!
A. Niehuus lbw b. K. Mamta 4 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR:36.36

Expensive over (6 runs)... but another wicket :) leaving them 8 down and only on 97 runs... The Nailers on their way to victory?  :-X

AFEV

My man Stone is killing it for you Nails ;)

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 29, 2011, 02:27:58 PM
My man Stone is killing it for you Nails ;)

Doing well :) Hopefully he can knock out a quick fire 50 too ;)

Stone to Dickson : Got him! No?! Well, that looked stone dead from here

29.1   W   Mamta to Watkin : [catch] Edged and out! Caught rather easily in the end. Sweeney moved slightly to his right and watched the ball drop nicely into his gloves.
T. Watkin c J. Sweeney b. K. Mamta 7 (15b 0x4 0x6) SR:46.67

5 balls to pick yourself up a 5 for... you can do it Mamta!

K. Mamta 10-3-18-4 - Great match Mamta. You've performed really well :) Leading from the front as captain.

cookie311993

you didnt play leung nails

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 02:35:52 PM
you didnt play leung nails

Nope, playing Stone (rfs) so he can bowl and bat, therefore enabling me to play an extra bat on a bowlers wicket.

cookie311993

leung has been killing it for you though. He is your leading wicket taker so far in FFPL2

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 02:37:51 PM
leung has been killing it for you though. He is your leading wicket taker so far in FFPL2

Mainly due to the fact he gets to bowl at the tail...

I rate Ud-Din over Leung and Stone slightly just ahead of Leung (accomplished summary vs rel summary) + I get to play an extra bat this way...

If it was Crumbling + sunny/windy/something that doesn't disadvantage spinners then I'd probably play him as a 3rd spinner.

31.2   .   Ud-Din to Goodall : [dropped] Mamta never got his hands in the right position for that chance, and an easy slip catch goes begging.  ::) ::) ::)

Can't remember the last match Ud-Din has bowled where he hasn't had a catch dropped off his bowling... They've added on 7 runs since the dropped catch... becoming an annoying 10th wicket stand

Bowled a wide earlier on in the over and the extra delivery actually came in handy :D

33.6   W   Ud-Din to Goodall : Bowled him. Great delivery from Ud-Din. Pitched it up and it turned through the gate of Goodall.
R. Goodall b. A. Ud-Din 9 (22b 1x4 0x6) SR:40.91

End of over 34 (2 runs) - MetzysWaccas(123-10) RR 3.62  - pretty happy w/ that.

13.1   .   Niehuus to Stone : [dropped] Chinyengetere has dropped a dolly at cover! Even my mother would have caught that

First chance they've got... looks like I'm on the way to victory  :D ;D

Nails

13.5   W   Niehuus to Siddiq : Gone! Great bowling! Tossed up by Niehuus, getting Siddiq reaching forward, trying to play it back down the ground. Siddiq stretches too far, and as that turns that little bit extra past the bat, Siddiq has lifted his back foot. Douglas takes off the bails, and that's out. Niehuus deserves a wicket with that ball.
S. Siddiq st G. Douglas b. A. Niehuus 19 (44b 1x4 1x6) SR:43.18

spoke too soon  ::)