Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Biggest game of my season in 11.5 hours...

Me vs the only guy who has rated higher than me this season...

This will probably decide 1st vs 2nd...

Thing that I think might get me across the line is he is playing his best team in T20 and still in PC

Therefore has a lot of passable/energetic fatigued players

Whereas ALL of my XI are revived or better

CrowsFan

Haha so just sold my 23 year old acc/acc batter with opener talent, who I bought for 1k for $173,643  ;D

Cicjose

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 29, 2011, 01:38:27 AM
Haha so just sold my 23 year old acc/acc batter with opener talent, who I bought for 1k for $173,643  ;D

that is ridiculous  ;D

Cookie Monster

nice :)

PowerBug

At what age did you buy him? I'm hoping to be in that situation in about 3/4 seasons with 5 players.

cookie311993

Pb you really need a better academy and better players though for that situation

Maca24

I need a good YP  :(
And I need the lack of talent in the TM plus the Inflation to stop  -_-

cookie311993

yeah i have to agree with you there maca the infaltion sucks but i think it is slowly starting to decline. I have 110k in the bank and have two big home games to come. SOD today and PC on Sunday. Should get some good money in the kitty

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 11:06:42 AM
Pb you really need a better academy and better players though for that situation
I'm going to continue putting money into my YA.

Maca24

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 12:04:45 PM
yeah i have to agree with you there maca the infaltion sucks but i think it is slowly starting to decline. I have 110k in the bank and have two big home games to come. SOD today and PC on Sunday. Should get some good money in the kitty
yeh I really want to buy a few players on the TM.

cookie311993

PB why you going youths mate? all the money is in seniors and your seniors look really weak compared to nails

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 12:16:08 PM
PB why you going youths mate? all the money is in seniors and your seniors look really weak compared to nails
I am not really aiming to vastly improve my seniors this year, if i can hold my div, i'm happy. I'm aiming for a good team come 2-4 seasons time. Plus, i can buy better seniors for a cheaper price.

cookie311993

if you can promote you get more money though. Youths there is no money there unless you have a kickarse academy to train them up then sell them

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 29, 2011, 12:26:43 PM
if you can promote you get more money though. Youths there is no money there unless you have a kickarse academy to train them up then sell them
Well I don't entirely agree with that. If you get a good pull but never invested into your academy, you can't really do them justice by keeping them. I recruited Morgan Jr. and Currie when I had a Youth academy which was satisfactory. Started investing from the start in Youths and Seniors rated around 120-130k for a season or two. Now Seniors rate 160k (round about) and Youths have produced a few Stars for my Seniors and 2 who have played U19 NATS 8). It's a risk but it helps ENJOY the game more since you have Youths to also care about. You can see them grow :'( (Tears of joy).

Quote from: Maca24 on July 29, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
I need a good YP  :(
And I need the lack of talent in the TM plus the Inflation to stop  -_-
So do I, although the TM for decent Youths isn't breaking the bank for me. But I have 400k left in the bank from being in Div 1.1 and having good gatetakings :P.

For under 50k have bought:
Rajab Elahi
Alex Seabrook
Darrin Selk
Got these guys as they are at least Ord/Ord, have a talent and workable secondaries :D.

cookie311993

werent you looking for some future players for yourself though HP. They should be good investments for you though to train up