Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Darren O'Keeffe is a fringe Australian NT player. Needs a bit of an improvement but has the potential for a NT spot.

cookie311993

yeah and did you hear about him. Not being able to be sold for the 1 mil cause the mods didnt think he was worth more than 300k

8-6 Suited

Yeah I heard that and it is ridiculous. What is the point of having an Auction format if its going to be dictated? It's stupid.

cookie311993

thats what i said to yp. whats the point of putting a player up for sale and watching his prize and having the mods tell you no your not getting all that money because he isnt worth it. its the n00bs fault for bidding so much for him and it should have gone through as 1 mil

valkorum

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on July 22, 2011, 11:01:13 AM
Yeah I heard that and it is ridiculous. What is the point of having an Auction format if its going to be dictated? It's stupid.

Its in the rules
Transfer Adjustments

The From the Pavilion team monitor transactions on the transfer market, and reserve the right to cancel, adjust or reverse transfers. These actions are most commonly taken if it is deemed that a player was sold for an inflated price.

8-6 Suited

I know that Valk, but it's stupid to have an Auction format to selling players if they get adjusted to such a large degree when one player clearly thinks that that is how much he is worth and willing to pay it.

Because a player is only worth how much someone is willing to pay at the end of the day. As long as there is no cheating involved then there is no need to adjust anything.

cookie311993

really i think the decision the Mods made sucks. Yp should have gotten the money. Fringe nat player and a wrist spinner with good skills at 25 he is well worth it. Maybe not 1 mil but still more than 300k

cookie311993

from what i have been reading managers that are investing improving ++ are making it harder for everyone else to improve their academy levels. this is in that the total academy investment each week keeps increasing so highly from these players investing improving ++. if people were just investing improving the average would be alot lower and everyone would be saving money rather than spending plenty

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 22, 2011, 09:19:25 AM
flowering inflation at its finest
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=242562

You realise the guy who paid 1mil is the guy who was selling him?

He put him up for sale probably mistakenly and bought him back...

or am I misunderstanding ?

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 22, 2011, 12:06:50 PM
Quote from: cookie311993 on July 22, 2011, 09:19:25 AM
flowering inflation at its finest
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=242562

You realise the guy who paid 1mil is the guy who was selling him?

He put him up for sale probably mistakenly and bought him back...

or am I misunderstanding ?
No it was another manager that was adjusted.

cookie311993

it was that player that was adjusted and the manager bought him back because the bids had gotten to 1 mil and he was only going to get 300k for it cause the MOD's didnt think he was worth that

Cicjose

This Week
Income   Expenses
Gate Takings:   $12,996   
Ground Maintenance:   $6,000
Sponsorship:   $90,091   
Player Wages:   $69,045

Prizemoney:   $0   
Academies:   $0
Player Sales (players with bids):   $0   
Player Purchases (you are highest bidder):   $0
Player Sales (completed):   $39,690   
Player Purchases (completed):   $0
Transfer Listing Fees:   $0
Weekly Income:   $142,777   
Weekly Expenses:   $75,045
Projected Weekly Balance:   $67,732
Projected Overall Balance:   $123,051

Available Funds (ignores ongoing transfers):   $123,051

If my sponsorship takes care of my wage it leaves $21 046 from sponsorship money taking out 6K for maintenance leaves $15 046

Weekly income take out the sale of Barbour.... leaves ( (Income) $142 777 - (Player Sale) $39 360) $103 087 + (Sponsorship) $15 046 = $118 133

is there any other factors i need to know about before considering investment into my academies?

Nails

K. Mamta 10-1-21-3

Great bowling by Mamta - his first official match for The Nailers.

Shame he went for 6 runs in his last over otherwise he would have gone for less than 2 rpo :o

Mamta has set up what should be a nice victory with the opposition struggling

End of over 30 (6 runs) - Einsteins (104-5) RR 3.47

Nails

37.1   6   Ramsay to Kierse : That's a good short ball by Ramsay. Kierse swings his bat wildly with his head up in the air, he strikes it well and ...over it goes for six runs! The poor bowler can't believe it!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=508640

Why does Ramsay keep getting smashed? He's not /that/ bad

cookie311993