Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2011, 02:47:51 PM
So all the bargains arrive in two weeks?
Like the others are saying, 20yo's are cherry ripe for the picking, but if you can wait about a week until the dust settles, you might be able to find a few good players, when everyone has spent most of their cash.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 20, 2011, 12:53:01 PM
To be honest this whole EOS players are cheaper thing is a myth from what I saw last season. The players actually seemed to sell for more because everyone had prize money and so could pay more for the players they wanted.
Well you should generally get cheaper players at this time of the season. 19 y.o's should usually go for cheaper last week or two, but doesn't seem the case this season. Players in general usually go for less as well as Prizemoney is almost gone from most teams so the price on some players fall. Hence why a few of us were able to pick up Monsters for less than 200k, who'd normally go for more.

EOS I usually stay away from the market unless I need a player desperately. Last season it was Sreed who I picked up for 121k (probably 30-40k more than I'd like) but I managed to keep the money steady due to not spending too much at EOS. A few weeks later you still get 20 y.o's put up on the market who go for next to nothing (which I've bought a few from last season for very cheap). This is mainly due to them being kept in for the Pav Cup run, so once teams get eliminated, away these players go 8).

Just keep a cool 100k in the bank and keep an eye on the Market for cheap Gems who may go unnoticed :).

chrisuzz

CrowsFan

Not with only reasonable technique. That is rubbish for a soon to be 20 year old!

chrisuzz

Shhh!!
Might get a tech pop soon though ;)

Maca24

Quote from: chrisuzz on June 20, 2011, 06:14:11 PM
Shhh!!
ZZ want to join my FTP comp? I sent you an invite  if your interested..

CrowsFan

Would still have a big tech gap zz :P

CrowsFan

Does anybody want this guy? Finishes late (very late or possible early tomorrow) tonight.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=515794

Justin Bieber

Sadly not in the market for a medium now :P. I did have a Rel/Rel guy coming up next season with Average secondaries all round but Moser squashed his hopes of making it in the Big Time for Hello :(.

Cic seems interested though ;).

chrisuzz

Quote from: Maca24 on June 20, 2011, 06:15:41 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on June 20, 2011, 06:14:11 PM
Shhh!!
ZZ want to join my FTP comp? I sent you an invite  if your interested..
nahh in the U24 comp sorry :(

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 20, 2011, 06:16:21 PM
Would still have a big tech gap zz :P
Ive got guys with bigger gaps in my youths who i bought when i first started :P

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 20, 2011, 06:17:18 PM
Does anybody want this guy? Finishes late (very late or possible early tomorrow) tonight.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=515794
I want him but cant afford him ;)

CrowsFan

Ah yes just noticed Cic was the highest bidder. Good luck getting him mate :)

Maca24

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 20, 2011, 03:16:12 PM
The old guys go for ridiculous prices :-X that's why I sell mine then ;D
haha true dat! Im hoping I can get heaps for my soon to be 30yr old Excep/Excep with opener talent batter.
From what I experienced last time there was 32yr olds going for 70K plus even  :o

Justin Bieber

Maca24

Who is Hunkz on FTP? Cas he is in the fanfooty knockout  ???

CrowsFan

I don't know maca. Ask cookie