Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I know in real cricket you leave spinners until the ball/pitch is worn a bit...

But is there anything wrong with starting this rfs as my opening bowler along with Billy Maddox?

They're my only two bowlers above average I believe... and This guy I just recruited is by far the best, although Maddox has been impressive albeit against an average side with figures of 3-14

TheEternalDon

My finances are screwed...
Gate Takings:   $0    Ground Maintenance:   $7,000
Sponsorship:   $93,203    Player Wages:   $109,518
Prizemoney:   $0    Academies:   $45,000
Player Sales (players with bids):   $0    Player Purchases (you are highest bidder):   $0
Player Sales (completed):   $0    Player Purchases (completed):   $0
        Transfer Listing Fees:   $1,000
Weekly Income:   $93,203    Weekly Expenses:   $162,518
Projected Weekly Balance:   -$69,315    Projected Overall Balance:   $94,904

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on June 14, 2011, 04:52:49 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on June 14, 2011, 04:49:05 PM
Great buy Nails, but like BP said his wage is gunna be a killer for you. Make sure you put him straight onto fitness training to build his endurance. Older players need high endurance as they take longer to recover from fatigue.

Chucked him on fitness :) what about power though? Does Fitness increase power? His Power is the one let down...

I saw a 26yo spec/spec and thought he must be pretty decent :) Guess I was right :D.

To counteract the wage problems if you attend a match at Nailers CG we'll give you a free hotdog. The Marketing team at The Nailers CC expect this will result in packed out stadiums wanting to see this star 26yo play. He's like Jonathan Brown. People will show up just to see him play ;)

LOL - Fitness training does increase power, but because he is a spinner he doesn't need much power. So you will be wasting his training if you train him in strength. Keep him on fitness training and he will still train his power up anyway.

Nails

What about where to bowl him in the order  :o

Bazinga

Don't bowl him as an opener. Fast bowlers receive a small bonus if they open the bowling, but spinners receive a small penalty if they open the bowling. Although I'm not sure how big these effects are. He will be better off bowling after the 10th over.

Justin Bieber

Haha Nails! I had an eye on him and very lucky to keep him within 100k. Spect/Spect wages are hard to keep especially for a new team. I recently bought a 15k waged players, first one over 10k wages I've had who I intend on keeping :P. Good luck with him though and lets hope he's a match winner 8). Fitness trains Endurance and Power, but Endurance faster. Spinners don't need power (unless they are all rounders), so Fitness training is the way to go 8).

3 Players being put up for sale soon:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=348114 - Fasty. 297 days he's been with me :'(.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=311086 - FM. 431 days he's been with me, literally almost from day 1 when I started to build my team :).
The two players Alex and BB wanted :).
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=554266 - Rel/Rel 19 y.o Project medium with average secondaries. Average Experience and Gifted Bowling to boot make him quite a tasty project. Was going to keep him as I needed a Medium but the addition of Hill has forced him out of Senior contention. May as well save wage now so hopefully he goes to a nice FF home :). 283 days with me :(.

Wish all of them the very best in their new teams and hopefully a few of them can go to FF homes :D.

BratPack

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=75111

It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to sell Pony West. But with Vogt's wage coming in and Wright and Roberts regular first team members I just can't afford another 10k plus wage. Spec/Outs FM with Outstanding Power and Capable Fielding. Should be good for a couple of seasons with a good team.

Nails

Yeah I only had 83K total so I put bidding agent on him and then left the house... came back and he purchased for 71K :) (my first bid) :)

My sponsorship is ~70K... therefore I'll still be getting ~30K from sponsorship and ~20K from games per week after player fees etc. Plus with prize money at EOS I should have enough $ :)

Would trying to sell him for a tidy profit be a good idea? List him at 90K or something?  :o

Bazinga

Nails - if you relisted him straight away you will only get 50% of his total sale price.  Read the rules regarding transfers and you will understand. A player must be in your squad for at least 100 days before you will get his full sale price if you decide to sell him again.

CrowsFan

No it would nails, because if you try and sell someone after having them for less than 100 days you only get a fraction of how much you sell him for. So if you sold him straight after bying him you would only receive 50% of the transfer fee, so selling him now for 90k would mean you actually lose money ;)

Justin Bieber

I may have to sell my 26 y.o Exp/Exp batter after prizemoney and Casper + Currie promote to seniors. Would have now but would fall below the 12 players required so will keep Carney for the timebeing.

CF and Baz are right. I wouldn't put him up for the same price. I'd put him up for 150k if I was to do that but don't think he'd sell for that much?

AFEV

Cicjose

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1300291

Robert Addison (3 points) for his 4 - 0 - 18 - 1,
Bill Aitken (2 points) for his 53 from 57
George Kimber (1 point) (opponent) for his 4 - 0 - 19 - 2

8-6 Suited

Player Wages:   $147,437

Yummy wages.

Gate Takings:   $42,453

Yummy gate takings.

CrowsFan

A crowd of 6,903 has arrived at Estadio Del Toros today for the Twenty20 match between The Matchbox Matadors and John Howard's Coathangers.

The weather for the match is expected to be Hot and the groundsmen have prepared a Crumbling pitch. Conditions look ideal for the spinners.

Babb has called tails and lost the toss. Priyadarshini ponders for a moment before deciding to bowl first. John Howard's Coathangers will start their innings shortly.

This is a promotion playoff between me and ML, then winner should get promoted (barring any major upsets), whilst the other will finish third. Not expecting to win so the $31,891 in gate takings is very nice :)