Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Hutton to West : [great fielding] Maddox manages to get a foot down just in time to stop the ball.

End of over 6 (2 runs) - Warriors(34-1) RR 5.67

@Baz atm I'm investing 8K/week in my academy... I got 3 pops this week, so I don't know it seems worth it.

@PB EOS = End of Season

Bazinga

PowerBug

End of over 7 (2 runs) - PowerBugCC(30-3) RR 4.29
A. Gregory 6 (14b) , K. Moore 14 (11b) , A. Arnold 4-0-13-2

Nails

7.1   4   Hutton to Jacomb : Jacomb gets a thick inside edge on the ball, which must have grazed the leg stump on its way down to fine leg. Hutton thought he had his man there, but the bails stay put and the result is four frustrating runs against him.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

PowerBug

End of over 8 (4 runs) - PowerBugCC(34-3) RR 4.25
K. Moore 15 (16b) , A. Gregory 7 (15b) , G. McDonald 4-0-15-1

Bazinga

Nails - all academy investment will be worth it in the long run, but it's more important to build you team up before you invest into your academies. 'Pops' are an effect of their previous training, so when you first start, or buy new players it is impossible to predict when your players will pop.

Once you understand how training works, you will be able to predict when players should pop in a certain skill. It is totally dependant of the training program that you set for each player.

Nails

9.3   W   Maddox to West : West didn't seem to pick up the slower ball and played right over the top of it.
G. West b. B. Maddox 30 (24b 3x4 0x6) SR:125.00

Valuable wicket, they were starting to get on top. Shame Maddox is my only decent bowling and only has one over remaining.

I might pick up just one more quality bowler before EOS.

PowerBug

End of over 10 (2 runs) - PowerBugCC(40-5) RR 4.00
L. Bradley 0 (1b) , K. Moore 18 (21b) , M. Keating 1-0-2-2

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on June 14, 2011, 11:59:56 AM
9.3   W   Maddox to West : West didn't seem to pick up the slower ball and played right over the top of it.
G. West b. B. Maddox 30 (24b 3x4 0x6) SR:125.00

Valuable wicket, they were starting to get on top. Shame Maddox is my only decent bowling and only has one over remaining.

I might pick up just one more quality bowler before EOS.

Your results in the next three weeks will have no effect on your league position. Best to wait till EOS mate. Remember long term .. don't worry about what happens now. With the prices you will pay for players now compared to EOS, you could potentially get 2 players for the price of 1 at EOS.

cookie311993

i will look at your team to see what you should do nails. my mate juniorleggo same stage as you but his side wont promote in anything and will still face same teams he currently outrates. So he bought heaps of 19 year old players and he he is now investing into his senior academy at improving ++. This way he keeps a small wage team while still winning his leagues next season and training his younger senior players up in the long run.

PowerBug

Things have taken a turn for the worse:

10.4   W   Bali to Dudley : [catch] Out, caught at leg slip! How often do you see that? Dudley tried to slog one that held its line and ended up practically middling it onto his back leg pad. The ball bobs up in the air for a simple catch for Russen. Bali is estactic with that one, must have been the 'Teesra' he was working on...
A. Dudley c C. Russen b. D. Bali 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
10.3   W   Bali to Moore : Moore pushes that one to mid on and sets off immediately. But Bradley doesn't want the run! Confusion in the middle as both batsmen are left stranded at one end. Bali collects the throw from Ramamani and simply rolls it down the pitch for Gould to whip off the bails!
K. Moore run out (R. Ramamani) 18 (24b 1x4 0x6) SR:75.00

Oh well. 44/7 after 11 overs.

Nails

11.4   .   Maddox to Grey : The thinnest edge through to Horton, and he's out! Or is he? Grey stands his ground, and the umpire stands motionless. Maddox is not a happy chappy.

11.3   b4   Maddox to Grey : Wicked bouncer there by Maddox. Grey sways out of its way and it continues to rise. Horton has leapt like a salmon to try and pluck the ball out of the air but in vain. 4 byes signaled by the umpire.

11.2   W   Maddox to Souza : Goes for the big lofted drive, but doesn't time it at all and rather tamely picks out Murugappa on the edge of the circle.
D. Souza c A. Murugappa b. B. Maddox 5 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR:71.43

PowerBug

End of over 12 (4 runs) - PowerBugCC(48-8) RR 4.00
G. MacGill 4 (3b) , R. Johnston 4 (2b) , M. Keating 2-0-6-3

I'm gone.

Nails

B. Maddox 4-0-14-3 - Pick of the bowlers for me easily. Maddox has set me up with a real chance to win considering this is T20 if Murugappa and Rene Simon get off to a good start I could take this barbie down!

Bazinga

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 14, 2011, 12:03:39 PM
i will look at your team to see what you should do nails. my mate juniorleggo same stage as you but his side wont promote in anything and will still face same teams he currently outrates. So he bought heaps of 19 year old players and he he is now investing into his senior academy at improving ++. This way he keeps a small wage team while still winning his leagues next season and training his younger senior players up in the long run.
cookie you should be telling him to buy 20yr olds at EOS, not 19yr olds just because you want him to buy your 19yr olds on the TM.  Why would anyone buy heaps of 19yr olds if they were building up their senior academy at improving++ ?? They wouldn't get the training effects from the improved senior academy until they turned 20 ???