Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

My wishlist.
1-2 experienced batsman 28 or 29 and another good 25yr old batsman.
Also either a middle aged wrist spinner or medium pacer.
Rest of money for academies  8) Ill be selling 5 players at EOS also.

CrowsFan

End of over 47 (maiden) - The Matchbox Matadors(189-10) RR 4.02
E. Ridge 9 (5b) , B. Michieka 8.1-1-41-3

Not happy with that batting performance at all!! Hopefully my bowling lineup can defend that, but anything could happen... :-\

CrowsFan

6.3   4   Boraston to Trescothick : [Boundary Hitter] Too far down leg and Trescothick simply flicks it high and hard off his pads, one bounce and 4. Superb shot!
6.5   4   Boraston to Trescothick : [Boundary Hitter] Nice shot! Fantastic cover drive off the back foot by Trescothick that is sure to increase his confidence! Deem had absolutely no chance at trying to save that one.
6.6   6   Boraston to Trescothick : [Boundary Hitter] That has gone very, very high up. The fielder waits underneath it at long on, but it just clears his outstretched hands.
7.3   6   Ridge to Haynes : [Boundary Hitter] Wow! Just wow! Haynes swats that through square leg. It stays flat and clears the boundary in no time. 6 runs.

What the hell! 3 of his top 4 batters have the boundary hitter talent, the fourth has the accumulator talent :o

Maca24

wow, I dont even have one haha. Use to have 2 though.
Just had a closer look at my summaries and I realised Khan has a crappy summary..
Khan is Acc/Acc and is only Reli summary. Hmmm..

CrowsFan

End of over 17 (10 runs) - Ireland Cricket Academy(81-2). 109 runs required from 33 overs. RR 4.76 RRR 3.30
C. Haynes 29 (51b) , M. Trescothick 33 (37b) , W. Orange 4-1-19-0

Looks like I am going to lose again :(

AFEV

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 12, 2011, 05:30:26 PM
can you reveal shagmeister please?

Sorry, but I don't really have any reason to. :P His stats are pretty well known and he aint ever going to be up for sale so...Yeah.

CrowsFan

End of over 25 (6 runs) - Ireland Cricket Academy(113-3). 77 runs required from 25 overs. RR 4.52 RRR 3.08
R. Clark 6 (14b) , M. Trescothick 52 (64b) , W. Orange 8-2-34-1

>:( >:(

AFEV

He still bowled 2 maidens CF ;)
You are a chance all you need is a couple of quick wickets after drinks.

CrowsFan

Yeah true Sid, gotta keep the faith ;)

The annoying thing is last week in the GC he played HP and rated 131k, but he has then bought players this week and in his SOD match on friday he rated 149k.
If I had played him last week I would have won easily :(

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=42102

I know he's on the way out...

I have 55K left but could he be worth 20k for my team? For immediate quality? He'd be my best player by far, help me win a game.

CrowsFan

I would probably stay away from him just cos in a few weeks he will turn 32. Once people hit 30 their skills start declining so he could plop in skills soon...

End of over 30 (2 runs) - Ireland Cricket Academy(123-5). 67 runs required from 20 overs. RR 4.10 RRR 3.35
M. Trescothick 57 (73b) , F. Slight 1 (4b) , A. Suriyaprakash 5-0-15-2

Suri picked up 2 wickets in 2 overs to make the game a little more competitive!
30.4   .   Priyadarshini to Trescothick : [dropped] Trescothick hits a leading edge and there is confusion on the field as Deem and Priyadarshini both shout "MINE". The players collide and the ball spills from Deem's hands, with Trescothick looking on with amusement.

Would have been great if Trescothick got out!

Nails

He will still be my best player by a mile though idk... 18K isn't much is it?

CrowsFan

Yeah go for it if you want, but don't get in a bidding war and start bidding lots.
I have a similar guy who is a year younger if you would prefer ;)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=85259

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=141278

This guy could be the goods for my side couldn't he?

my name on there is nailsforlunch and I think my best 3 players all have their skills revealed if you want to know what my team looks like CF.

CrowsFan

Yeah basically any player you buy with skills of acc/acc or better will improve your team in the short term. Again I wouldn't pay too much for him.
Maybe wait until the financial updates tomorrow to see how much money you really have?