Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Can't believe I have lost 3 wickets on a flat in the first 12 overs! It was my 3 best batsmen too :o
Stupid trigger talents, losing one to a bouncer and the other to a yorker. If you haven't guessed I am playing Cic in the youth league. After that horrible start I am looking much better at the moment :)

End of over 24 (9 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(177-3) RR 7.38
S. Salamander 46 (36b) , K. Stroetinga 74 (70b) , B. Anderton 8-0-74-1

BratPack

The set up of the Youth League is really weird, like tonight it has HP scheduled to play Hilly the same time he faces me.

CrowsFan

No it doesn't BP. Hilly is currently playing at the moment, so if you actually click on Hillly's Heroics v Hello you will see it says 28th of April ;)

BratPack

CrowsFan

Quote from: BratPack on April 21, 2011, 12:26:55 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=704830

I don't care if he sucks. He's mine!  :P
That guy is just a little worse than the guy I got yesterday - Auhert Beattie
You are obviously just going for him cos of his name, but you could turn him in to a pretty decent youth player ;)

roo boys!

I bought two youth players because their name was Stevenson haha

They both suck :p

CrowsFan

That is 100 runs for Stroetinga (100 runs, 88b, 7x4, 2x6) SR:113.64
Great effort opening the batting :)

That is the 150 partnership (151 runs, 111b, 12x4, 3x6) SR:136.04
These 2 have helped save an innings that wasn't looking good earlier on!

End of over 31 (5 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(237-3) RR 7.65
S. Salamander 74 (57b) , K. Stroetinga 105 (92b) , A. Glass 8-1-51-1

33.2   W   Kruger to Stroetinga : Short ball, and hooked straight down the throat of the man in the deep! Out!
K. Stroetinga c L. Campbell b. B. Kruger 116 (99b 8x4 2x6) SR:117.17

That's a shame I was hoping he could bat the entire innings :( Good news is Salamander has notched up his ton in just 68 balls :)

Boomz

CrowsFan

End of over 40 (13 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(338-4) RR 8.45
K. Argal 36 (20b) , S. Salamander 128 (84b) , B. Kruger 8-0-83-1

Great effort by Salamander my finisher who usually gets 10-15 overs to impress, but today was called upon much earlier and had to cull his natural attacking instinct to build up an innings and then go crazy near the end :)

I think I can defend 338 on a flat  ;)

Maca24

CrowsFan

1.2   .   Nevill to Briody : [dropped] Edged... and down! Great diving effort from van der Hoeven but he was always going to be struggling to catch that one, Briody can count his lucky stars after that near miss.

And that is why I have been training van der Hoeven on fielding...

Yeah maca he could do alright, but don't go too high

Cicjose

2.5   W   Wundenberg to Briody : Attempted paddle through midwicket but he gets a leading edge and the ball loops back to a grateful Wundenberg.
H. Briody c & b. R. Wundenberg 9 (13b 2x4 0x6) SR:69.23

all over now

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 21, 2011, 01:14:57 PM
1.2   .   Nevill to Briody : [dropped] Edged... and down! Great diving effort from van der Hoeven but he was always going to be struggling to catch that one, Briody can count his lucky stars after that near miss.

And that is why I have been training van der Hoeven on fielding...

Yeah maca he could do alright, but don't go too high
yeh ok thanks.

Cicjose

3.1   W   Nevill to Crane : This my friends is what we call a fruit salad. A peach of a delivery from Nevill that cut back onto the stumps, the batsman appearing to play his shot like he'd stepped on a banana skin and was obviously plum(b) before Crane walked back to the pavilion looking redder than a watermelon.
B. Crane lbw b. W. Nevill 3 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:150.00

my best batsmen by a country mile i should be all out for less than 50

6.4   W   Wundenberg to Campbell : The ball keeps low and nips back in sharply. Campbell looks to defend on the back foot, is beaten by the lack of bounce, and the stumps are re-arranged.
L. Campbell b. R. Wundenberg 13 (14b 0x4 1x6) SR:92.86

8-6 Suited

Kicking his ass BOOMZ!