Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

Cicjose

great score considering your start was almost as bad as mine today :)

cookie311993

we have a pretty strong crop this season and future is pretty strong for us withy 18 year olds already at Reliable/reliable

8-6 Suited

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 05:31:43 PM
cheers hello. at eos the current Canadian u/19 manager is stepping down and reckons i should go for top job.

Good stuff Cookie. I hope you do mate, and get it. Would be good for you. And good luck this Saturday, is this your U19 NT Debut?

Cicjose

who here has the youngest senior team??

I doubt i do but it wouldn't surprise me if i did.

average age of my senior team is 21.13

Master Q

Won my youth match today by 7 Wickets:

Match Ratings
   SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs   Try beating this team
Batting - Top Order:   4,485   2,978
Batting - Middle Order:   3,834   2,042
Batting - Tail:   2,359   1,698
Bowling - Seam:   4,016 (6)   2,277 (8)
Bowling - Spin:   4,812 (4)   2,708 (2)
Fielding/Keeping:   5,266   2,924
Overall:   77,822   45,759

Mordt wasn't that impressive, but my middle order just gave it a hit and got me over the line rather easily.

cookie311993

Cheers shaggy. Means alot coming from you mate :) i am not sure if i am ready to take on manager just yet. HAve plenty of time to decide. No my first match got beaten just by team outrated my by heaps. Against Ireland i think it was. LEarnt heaps bout tactics since then and should do good

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 05:38:43 PM
we have a pretty strong crop this season and future is pretty strong for us withy 18 year olds already at Reliable/reliable
Last check, Aussie's had similar players from mid last season at that age who were playing (More than a few are bound to be Acc/Acc now). Not sure now as a few names are new to me.

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on April 06, 2011, 05:41:45 PM
Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 05:31:43 PM
cheers hello. at eos the current Canadian u/19 manager is stepping down and reckons i should go for top job.
Good stuff Cookie. I hope you do mate, and get it. Would be good for you. And good luck this Saturday, is this your U19 NT Debut?
I had one a few days into my trial! Lost but they said not to be too hard on myself :P.

Quote from: Cicjose on April 06, 2011, 05:43:52 PM

Mine is certainly older ;). I'm guessing around 23-24 for me.

Nice win Q :D. Catching me in ratings as well!

CrowsFan

My youth team has a bit of fatigue to it tonight, with my best batter on revived fatigue and my keeper energetic. I guess that's what happens when you play them in the SOD and pav cup match before hand ::)

Should get close to 80k anyway though :)

Master Q

I used to but now my team has aged, most of them are 21,22 & 23.

Cic just a little bit of advice, if your making your team really young so that they'll be very strong in the future, you need 1 or 2 old guys just to make sure you get the wins on the board and promote each season.

CrowsFan

Good to have you back Q :)

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 06, 2011, 05:58:47 PM
Good to have you back Q :)
Thanks CF. I am hoping to get into posting in the DT section and help out some guys on Friday with maybe a Ask Q thread.

Anyway I'm going out hope I can get back on tonight. Cya.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 05:44:42 PM
Cheers shaggy. Means alot coming from you mate :) i am not sure if i am ready to take on manager just yet. HAve plenty of time to decide. No my first match got beaten just by team outrated my by heaps. Against Ireland i think it was. LEarnt heaps bout tactics since then and should do good

Well anytime you need some advice on tactics, let me know and I will be glad to give you my thoughts. But only if you aren't playing Australia. :P

Taking Manager will be a good thing as you can get the assistants to do there job, assist. :P

Cicjose

Quote from: Master Q on April 06, 2011, 05:55:52 PM

I used to but now my team has aged, most of them are 21,22 & 23.

Cic just a little bit of advice, if your making your team really young so that they'll be very strong in the future, you need 1 or 2 old guys just to make sure you get the wins on the board and promote each season.

I have Walter Sim 23 (accom exp bat and tech) and;

David French 23 (accom bat and reli tech with exp Keeping)

Charles Campbell 25 (reli bat and tech with accomplished Bowling)

French and Sim play SOD and T20 Campbell only plays SOD

BratPack