From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Quote from: Bazinga on April 01, 2011, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Alex7089 on April 01, 2011, 08:13:11 AM
Quote from: Bazinga on March 31, 2011, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on March 31, 2011, 08:09:40 PM
Well I am not entirely sure if I will do it but I think having an U23 team (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) wold allow me to experiment with orders more and gain a better understanding of the game. The young guys would be able to build their exp up and I would probably earn a fair bit of cash early on as well.

Just an idea I have a season to think about it :P
Not 100% sure, but I thought that when you changed countries you get put in the lowest divisions. If this is true then your sponsorship, gate takings and experience levels will be lower (experience rises slower in lower divisions). This would defeat the purpose of moving IMO.
True, they are all lowered. But I think that Rob worked out that every time a guy plays 6 games in Div 5+ it would be the equivalent of 5 in Div 1. Seeing as these guys are getting no game time for me this year, I am pretty sure they would be better off.
As for sponsorship etc. falling I can deal with that, wages should drop by a good 60k, if not more.

As I said the main thing would be that I'd get experience as a manager. Selling all my oldies would hopefully give me enough money to pick up some gun 20-23 y.o players that I can develop. Like Junior/Shagmeister.

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=336801

This is the perfect example of a player I will be chasing.
Outs/outs 22 y.o finger spinner ave exp, it can be built up. He can't bat but with the new rule that might be OK. I have 75k, I'll chase him with every cent I have.
New rule  ???  First I have heard of this. Please explain  ;)
+1

Alex7089

Ah well I'm not 100% sure on this but I think having too much batting depth can cause top order players to hit out or get out instead of trying to settle and develop a strong partnership. This can be a killer and lead to huge collapses especially on bowlers wickets as I have experienced -_-

CrowsFan

That just sounds silly!

Fletch74

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 01, 2011, 10:51:10 AM
Ah well I'm not 100% sure on this but I think having too much batting depth can cause top order players to hit out or get out instead of trying to settle and develop a strong partnership. This can be a killer and lead to huge collapses especially on bowlers wickets as I have experienced -_-
Where did you read this?

Fletch74

Wow, this is getting into details that I don't usually take into account. I actually think the new setup will be good, as I have some dreadful batters in my tail.

Cicjose

my batting depth in my current SOD team goes right down to 9

Alex7089

Quote from: Cicjose on April 01, 2011, 12:51:15 PM
my batting depth in my current SOD team goes right down to 9
Mine goes to 11 :P
Ave/accom batsman at 10 :P

Cicjose

yeah well a 25K bowler just got my two best batsmen (both 40K) in the space of 4 balls sticky wicket tho would have helped him

That is the 50 partnership (50 runs, 53b, 5x4, 1x6) SR:94.34

Now to move the scoring along quicker than this need Berry to stand up

End of over 23 (10 runs) - Cicjose(147-3) RR 6.39

G. Berry 15 (22b) , J. Poidevin 33 (33b) , S. Taylor 2-0-16-0

Im getting the site maintenance message, EVERY time i have site maintenance interrupt the middle of a game i lose a wicket in the first over back

25.4   W   Bubb to Poidevin : Trapped on the crease to a full, inswinging delivery, Poidevin looks down at his feet as if he knows his fate.
J. Poidevin lbw b. D. Bubb 40 (41b 4x4 1x6) SR:97.56

First over back

Now Berry is playing himself into of form and Barbour after scoring 37 last time out needs to at least stay in and get to 100 to get a competitive score on the board

35.4   W   McAullay to Barbour : On the back foot, Barbour pokes at the ball outside off stump. Out, and I doubt we'll see a worse shot than that today.
S. Barbour c F. Whitington b. C. McAullay 35 (43b 1x4 1x6) SR:81.40

Playing Barbour at 6 was a mistake with his finisher talent I should have had Campbell at 6 Bee staying at 7 and Barbour at 8

That is the 50 partnership (53 runs, 24b, 5x4, 1x6) SR:220.83

That is 100 runs for Berry (103 runs, 80b, 9x4, 2x6) SR:128.75

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

considering how slow he was to start i'm delighted someone held the innings together

That is the 100 partnership (101 runs, 47b, 10x4, 2x6) SR:214.89

CrowsFan

You have done very well on a sticky pitch Cic. Although considering it is this guys first SOD match since joining that's not all that surprising!

Cicjose

That is 50 runs for Bee (52 runs, 27b 4x4 0x6) SR:192.59

i didnt realise the guy was a noob but this week has given me a false sense of entitlement because if i win big today chances are i will be top of both SOD and youth

0.1   W   Addison to Kildey : Gone. Clean bowled. Simple as that.
H. Kildey b. R. Addison 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Howzat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.1   W   Campbell to Bubb : Well that delivery has simply blown Bubb's house down like it was made of straw! Campbell is the big bad wolf who's made this little piggy go 'wee wee wee' all the way back to the pavilion. What big ears he has...
D. Bubb b. C. Campbell 1 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:50.00

Howzat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/1

1.2   W   Campbell to Matheson : Oh no! Campbell and Dickson have collided mid pitch! Lansdown hasn't noticed, and has thrown the stumps down! This could be controversial, but in the end Dickson has to go!
A. Dickson run out (M. Lansdown) 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

3/2

16.2   4   Flynn to Matheson : [misfield] Sim flings a hand out but is unable to stop the ball racing away. 4 is the result.

their first boundary in 6 overs 4 / 47

They have done 3 site management messages during my game  >:(

I need to know if Bee needs an extra spinner to help him

I'm going to drop him from my attack i think because on a sticky pitch on a windy day these conditions are perfect for him

going to look at my other 2 spinners (Christian and James, i think Mortiz is not ready for SOD)

31.5   W   Flynn to Whitington : Short and wide outside the off stump, Whitington shuffles across and flashes hard at it. The ball clips the edge and goes straight to French behind the stumps.
F. Whitington c D. French b. W. Flynn 20 (43b 1x4 0x6) SR:46.51

32.1   W   Campbell to McAullay : Goes for the big lofted drive, but doesn't time it at all and rather tamely picks out Bee on the edge of the circle.
C. McAullay c G. Bee b. C. Campbell 20 (27b 3x4 0x6) SR:74.07

George Berry (3 points) 127 from 93

Grant Bee (2) 66 from 34 NO. and 0/19 from 5

Charles Campbell (1)  4/26 from  9 & 2 maidens

HillHero13

the guy i play tonight has a croud capacity of 15000 :D

big money!

MajorLazer

Playing GS at home. HE should win, but hopefully it's close.

CrowsFan

Playing a guy at home who rates under 70k.
Hopefully can get a large crowd in to my new stadium :)

Fletch74

I'm still trying to decide as how I should have my lineup for tonight. The guy I play tonight rates about 20k less than me, but I don't want to tire my players out too much for Sunday, so I am trying to rest some of my older players. The guy I plays on Sunday rates about the same as me...