Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

39.1   W   Maloney to Arnold : [catch] Drifting into Arnold before spinning away, he fails to move his feet and, wrongly trying to work it to leg, gets an audible outside edge and off he goes.
P. Arnold c K. Argal b. R. Maloney 86 (103b 4x4 1x6) SR:83.50

Finally got Arnold out! Couldn't let him bat out the 40 overs!!  ;)

End of over 40 (4 runs) - chrisuzz(214-4) RR 5.35
S. Byrom 2 (3b) , D. Driscoll 9 (4b) , R. Maloney 8-0-50-1

On an uneven pitch that is chaseable, but we will see...

In the other FF Youth matches:

ML v HP
End of over 40 (11 runs) - John Howard's Coathangers(245-6) RR 6.12
245 prob wont be enough on a flat wicket for ML to defend

BP v Hilly
End of over 40 (10 runs) - The Brat Pack(231-7) RR 5.78
On a green pitch that target looks competitive. Could be a good one to watch

Daz v Hawka
End of over 40 (6 runs) - DazBurg's Greatness(259-4) RR 6.48
On a crumbling pitch that is a great score by Daz!

Fletch v Cic
End of over 40 (6 runs) - Fletch's No Balls(300-5) RR 7.50
A nice score on a hard pitch. Don't think Cic has enough to win this one

McRooster

Yeah, I'm praying that I have a Barlow type bidder out there who flowers up and adds an extra '0' or two to his bid  :P

Spot on HP, just trying to save the wage  ;)

Guy I'm playing tomorrow has just bought a player whose wage is over 19k   :o :o

Fletch74

CJ why do you have one of your better batsmen in Crane coming in at 10 ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on March 31, 2011, 11:11:18 PM
Yeah, I'm praying that I have a Barlow type bidder out there who flowers up and adds an extra '0' or two to his bid  :P

Spot on HP, just trying to save the wage  ;)

Guy I'm playing tomorrow has just bought a player whose wage is over 19k   :o :o
Haha, good luck!

Not happy with that score even on a flat :(. But Youths need work and preparing for the overhaul this coming season and trying to get in some nice 16 y.o's. Going against my cheap view and trying to spend 30k (round about) for a few decent ones.

Hopefully Gallagher can fire 8). Crawford trying out for an Opener after Klibbe just does an ok job there. But if Crawf gets out early, prepare for Currie ML 8).

CrowsFan

0.3   W   Josephs to Melton : Loud scream for LBW. The umpire pauses for a moment before raising the finger. Superb bowling from Josephs, getting the ball to move off the seam.
G. Melton lbw b. C. Josephs 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Not exactly what I wanted to start the innings!!  >:( >:( >:(

MajorLazer

Completely forgot about the youth league, but put in orders on Monday, I think. :P

I'm happy right now, don't mind if I don't win, because my youths are far from a priority.

Justin Bieber

My Youths are pretty bad this season :-X. Lowest it's been in like 2 seasons :'(.

Just figured out I have Gallagher (Boundary Hitter) and Crawford (Accumulator) opening ;D. Might be a good partnership there for this season in Youths :P.

CrowsFan

End of over 4 (6 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(21-1). 194 runs required from 36 overs. RR 5.25 RRR 5.39
K. Temiz 15 (16b) , F. Davis 2 (5b) , L. Lindeman 2-0-12-0

Temiz being the good number 3 he is and hogging the strike :)
Going to need a great effort from him today if I want the win

Justin Bieber

6.5 W Mathea to Gallagher : [Slower Ball] Beautifully disguised slower ball from Mathea! Gallagher plays too early and is struck on the pad in line with middle stump. Plumb LBW.
R. Gallagher lbw b. G. Mathea 15 (23b 1x4 0x6) SR:65.22

:'(.

Ah well, means my homegrown NAT comes in :D.

MajorLazer

Gotta love trigger talent wickets. :)

CrowsFan

8.2   W   Batty to Davis : Batty gets that one to cut sharply off the seam. Davis sticks his bat out in hope but can only manage to get a faint edge. Byrom dives to his right and takes that one just inches from the turf much to the delight of Batty. Davis can't believe his luck and begins the long walk back to the sheds.
F. Davis c S. Byrom b. M. Batty 10 (17b 0x4 0x6) SR:58.82

Decided to give Davis a chance tonight as he doesn't play my league games anymore but is still reas/avg compared to Stroetinga who I ususally play who is avg/avg but with opener talent. Didn't work out on this occasion :(

End of over 10 (12 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(63-2). 152 runs required from 30 overs. RR 6.30 RRR 5.07
R. Donfeld 13 (10b) , K. Temiz 33 (30b) , M. Ali 1-0-12-0
Wow Donfeld is set to defensive yet hit 3 4's in that over! Hopefully these 2 can last a while cos I don't have the best depth in my youth team :(

Boomz

chasing 225 on a sticky wicket against shaggy :-\ don't like my chances at all lol but my side is still being re-built...

http://fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1393763

CrowsFan

End of over 15 (1 run) - The Matchbox Matadors(82-2). 133 runs required from 25 overs. RR 5.47 RRR 5.32
R. Donfeld 14 (24b) , K. Temiz 47 (47b) , M. Batty 4-1-5-1

After Donfeld raced away to 13 from 10 balls he has now only scored 1 run from his following 14 balls. That's not good enough, even for a guy with defensive orders!

CrowsFan

A score comparison in my game:

After 20 overs ZZ was 1 for 92, with Arnold 43 from 60 and Ramsay the new bloke in 2 from 6.
After 20 overs I am 2 for 110 with Temiz on 56 from 57 and Donfeld on 30 from 46.
Seems pretty close, I have more runs, but ZZ had the wicket in hand...
Any guesses on who will win?

CrowsFan

Seems like I am chatting to myself here but here are the updates from the other Youth games.

HP v ML
End of over 20 (11 runs) - Hello(106-3). 140 runs required from 20 overs. RR 5.30 RRR 7.00
Looks like HP could be on trouble here, but you would think 7 runs an over isn't too hard on a flat deck. HP's NAT Currie not doing as well as HP would have liked only getting 26.

BP v Hilly
End of over 21 (1 run) - Hillly's Heroics(71-3). 161 runs required from 19 overs. RR 3.38 RRR 8.47
BP got this one in the bag on a green wicket.

Daz v Hawka
End of over 20 (6 runs) - Hawka C.C(75-5). 185 runs required from 20 overs. RR 3.75 RRR 9.25
Going to be a win for Daz here. 185 from 20 is far too many to get on a crumbling wicket!

Fletch v Cic
End of over 22 (3 runs) - Cicjose(78-6). 223 runs required from 18 overs. RR 3.55 RRR 12.39
Cic getting pumped in this one...