Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Nice result guys for those who won. Too many bots in your league R&B. Bad luck ML and CF. Nice ratings CF. Should be a good game on Sunday then ;)

I only got 6.5k in gate takings last night away from home :(

Fletch's No Balls won by 8 wickets

ramkhelawan Fletch's No Balls
Batting - Top Order: 4,406 9,057
Batting - Middle Order: 4,332 6,278
Batting - Tail: 3,976 3,364
Bowling - Seam: 1,625 (2) 8,231 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 2,210 (8) 8,971 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,009 7,592
Overall: 69,369 136,104

Breman again destroyed them and took 6-16, at one stage was 6-7 after 3 overs ;D

Rested my captain last night, so ok with the ratings, although I need an all rounder, but probably have to sell a player or two...

CrowsFan

You're not going too badly Cic. Playing on a crumbling wicket so it is harder to score.
Although crumbling will help your new player Moritz :)

And what do you mean you have only hit 1 boundary? I count 13!

Justin Bieber

Hello Cupoftea
Batting - Top Order: 8,879 9,574
Batting - Middle Order: 5,947 6,066
Batting - Tail: 3,408 3,099
Bowling - Seam: 8,728 (4) 9,913 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 9,726 (6) 10,263 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,496 7,974
Overall: 144,649 146,042

Lost by 3 runs on a Crumbling. 7 runs off the last 3 balls and they couldn't even get a bloody boundary!!

My NRR is second best in the league but sitting in 5th position, 2 points behind 4th. I can finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th depending on how I go rest of the season. Looking to be tight ::).

CrowsFan

Haha for a second there HP I thought you were talking about your youth team and I was like WOW you rated that!! But then I realised it was your T20 last night.

Unlucky with the loss though. Hopefully you can get up into the top 4 to stop yourself from being relegated!

Justin Bieber

Haha, I wish :'(. Only league that I'm close to getting relegated in. But nice experience into some of my second stringers/Youths before ;D.

CrowsFan

Hey just wondering when it comes to sponsor money do they just take into account what division your SOD team is in or a combination of all three leagues?

i.e with me I'm going to be relegated in both senior leagues, but wont be in youth. So would I get more sponsor money being in div 4 for T20 and SOD but div 3 for youth rather than div 4 for all three?

CrowsFan

Just discovered that my SOD league is the 3rd hardest in Scotland and the 2nd hardest for T20!! How is that fair?  :'(

Also 6th hardest for youth, but I am coming 4th in that :)

Justin Bieber

Ouch CF. All random and got a quite even league (2 Strong, Me and 2-3 others competitive to a point and 2 more who aren't fairing so well). I'm not sure on Sponsorship but reckon its based on SOD division but can't give a definate answer.

My leagues are in the top half but bound to get even more harder next 2-3 season when I'll be relegated (might stay if I get lucky for Youths). Should be dropping down to Div 3 eventually. but trying to stay up as long as I can for more sponsorship/gatetakings ;D.

CrowsFan

Yeah I thought that would be the case with sponsorship. That sucks, but oh well...

Hopefully will be put into a nice div 4 league next season where I can win some games :)

Justin Bieber

Then you'll go back up to Div 3 :P. Or down to Div 5 ;).

I'd be happy if we got a bunch of our teams in a Div 2/3 league eventually.

CrowsFan

Well I wouldn't mind going back up to div 3 cos then I would be stronger. No way do I want to be relegated to div 5!! :o

Cicjose

CrowsFan

Which spells have you given him Cic?
Also why do you bat O'Hanlon down at number 6? He is clearly your best batter!

Cicjose

5 and 10 sorry (first over is the 17th)

I will drop Piper down to 6 for the next game and put O Hanlon at three cause piper's form hasnt been good in the last 3 games

CrowsFan

Yeah I would bring O'Hanlon up to 3 or 4. He is being wasted being down so low because he wont have as much time to score runs for you.
Same with Borwick. Drop Piper down completely with his poor batting he shouldn't be up at 3!