Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

The guy I am playing tonight is top of the league and the same guy I beat on Friday but that was at my home ground and I played Dry because he has no spinners but it's at his home and he has set a green pitch :'(

Cicjose

haven't you got a plan for green pitches?

roo boys!

I sorta do but he has a few really gun seamers and I don't want them dominating the game...

Should I play Digger Geary my back-up Exp/Exp medium? Because the pitch will favour him....He should bowl Duncan's spells but then it will weaken my batting depth.

8-6 Suited

Keep your depth and ditch a Fast bowler for Geary.

roo boys!

Okay thanks, Worthington out for Geary.

Geary has better batting and technique than Worthington anyway.

roo boys!

Here's my line-up, I am going really flat-out on the bowling orders (3 D's and 2 A's in the first 5 spells :o) for a change.

1. Duncan (N) Spells- 5 (D)  8 (D)
2. McLaughlin (A)
3. Makinson (N)
4. Furlonge (N)
5. Hafeez (A)
6. Beattie (N)
7. Cullen (A)
8. Chiba (A) Spells- 4 (A)  10 (N)
9. Geary (A) Spells- 2 (D)  6 (D)
10. van den Hof (N) Spells- 3 (D)  7 (D)
11. Stevenson (N) Spells- 1 (A)  9 (N)

Now Duncan usually bowls spell 10 but I don't want him (my weakest bowler on a green) bowling at the death if it's tight, so I put my top seamer Stevenson there.

My Fast bowler and Wristy are both (A) but my Medium and two Finger Spinners will hopefully recover if they leak runs because they are all on (D).

Justin Bieber

Nice wins guys. Going up with the ratings well, nice rating Pyro :). 110k was better than what I did with my team early :P.

I'm playing the team that is yet to register a win ;D. Should win despite a weaker middle order and not playing to the pitch (Flanagan and Kamb rested for the Medium's Pitch). He rates about 90k, while my team should get at least 110k despite resting.

Alex7089

My senior academy popped to good!

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 11, 2011, 05:56:10 PM
My senior academy popped to good!
Serious? I really should invest some more into mine :-\

Alex7089

Yeah seriously.
Been investing a lot into it.

HillHero13

looking foward to mine and BBoys match tonight..

not so much 140k ratings but 134 is close enough..

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 11, 2011, 06:00:22 PM
Yeah seriously.
Been investing a lot into it.
Mine has been on Improving for a long time but with my wages I just can't afford any more :'(

Alex7089

Oh OK. Every time I come into some money I just chuck it in the academy :) A lot of my PM went into it as well. Next step - excellent

bomberboy0618

hilly tonite  :'( :'(
gonna get smashed  :'( :'(

Justin Bieber

Mine is always on improving so both are on good currently. Rarely go improving+ or ++. That costs too much cash!!! Still looking good AFEV 8).

Nice Hilly. Should be a good one.