Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cicjose on December 29, 2010, 07:28:14 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=569429

what should i work with first?
He's been on Bowling Tech for a little bit after fixing his fielding when I got him (on par with what I want for my 19 y.o players). Should pop Tech soon and Gifted Bowling means not too far off Bowling either. Within a month hopefully.

That means you want him?

Cicjose

I'm interested. What strategies can i employ to improve bowling through the middle overs (20 - 35)?

Justin Bieber

I'd say bring in a mix of a Spinner and a Seamer. There is a tad bonus when two different types of bowlers bowl together (e.g FS and a FM).

Tonights match, I've got a Finger Spinner with a Fast Medium (my 2 best bowlers I might add). Followed by a Medium and Fast Medium.

I would try using my best bowlers at the start and in the middle. Seamers are the best openers. Spinners are good at the end. Then mix them in the middle. Although sometime success is had with Seamers at the end.

I'll put Frost up now Cic?

chrisuzz

interested in Watt Cic, 1k for him, will be good for a new player like you

Cicjose

I am hoping for all australian team so that in 12 to 18 months if my team does really well i may apply for the under 19's job

Maca24

Thanks for accepting the match 2moro CF  :)
you will win but should be some fun, i need the experience of playing.

valkorum

Not a good start by my youth team :(

End of over 1 (3 runs) - Valkorum(3-2) RR 3.00
C. Josephs 2 (1b) , K. King 1 (2b) , J. Susumna 1-0-3-2
0.6   2   Susumna to Josephs : Uppishly played towards long on, Karim makes good ground but cannot get under it. He collects it on the second bounce and returns as the batsmen complete their second.
0.5   W   Susumna to Williams : Middle stump out of the ground! Well bowled by Susumna and Williams is looking at the stumps in disbelief!
K. Williams b. J. Susumna 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

0.4   .   Susumna to Williams : [dropped] An edge, but Sadhwani's poor footwork means he's not in a position to hold the catch. Susumna is livid.
0.3   1   Susumna to King : Short ball, King mistimes the cut to the vacant cover region and it's only a single.
0.2   .   Susumna to King : Excellent delivery, pitching short and seaming away from King. Squares him up like a Rubik's Cube!
0.1   W   Susumna to Greaves : [catch] A short rising delivery pitched on the middle and off stump line and angling across. Greaves goes for the pull and is beaten for pace.
G. Greaves c P. de Wet b. J. Susumna 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

chrisuzz

I think the guy im playing has a U19 Scotlan NAT AR :-\

valkorum

A lot better second over for me though

End of over 2 (11 runs) - Valkorum(14-2) RR 7.00
C. Josephs 3 (2b) , K. King 11 (7b) , N. Karim 1-0-11-0
1.6   1   Karim to King : Worked to fine leg for a single.
1.5   .   Karim to King : Fullish ball on off-stump, defended comfortably out towards cover.
1.4   1   Karim to Josephs : Cheeky! Josephs drops the ball at his feet and the batsmen scurry through for a single.
1.3   1   Karim to King : Karim thumps that one in short. King instinctively cross-bats the rising ball out to backward square.
1.2   4   Karim to King : Stands tall and hits the ball at the top of the bounce, bisecting cover and point for four glorious runs.
1.1   4   Karim to King : [misfield] Wonderful dive by Manjrekar. Pity he dived right over the ball.

chrisuzz

Quote from: chrisuzz on December 29, 2010, 09:04:25 PM
I think the guy im playing has a U19 Scotlan NAT AR :-\
actually a few :(

Justin Bieber

0.1 6 Hossein to Gallagher : [Boundary Hitter] Bang. Out of the middle and out of the ground, 6 runs.

Gotta love when his talent kicks in :D.

End of over 3 (10 runs) - Hello(29-0) RR 9.67
R. Hansen 13 (11b) , R. Gallagher 13 (7b) , A. Hossein 2-0-15-0

Hoping to go over 300 for the first time in a while.

Alex7089

End of over 3 (7 runs) - Feeling Sheepish(15-1) RR 5.00
G. O'Meagher 11 (9b) , B. Blaxland 2 (6b) , A. Friel 2-0-12-1

I am not going well, but I knew I wouldn't :P

Justin Bieber

At least you've scored some runs to go with the lost wicket Alex ;).

Just took a peak at the crowd..... Crowd 5,544 :o :o :o :o :o. For a Youth game but is away.

End of over 5 (6 runs) - Hello(42-0) RR 8.40
R. Gallagher 24 (16b) , R. Hansen 15 (14b) , A. Hossein 3-0-21-0

Gallagher on fire.

Boomz

End of over 6 (13 runs) - Gunz n Rozez(42-1) RR 7.00
N. Duff 9 (10b) , D. Watson 22 (19b) , G. Douglas 3-0-24-0

Watson has been great lately :D

Alex7089

End of over 9 (5 runs) - Feeling Sheepish(35-1) RR 3.89
B. Blaxland 9 (22b) , G. O'Meagher 23 (30b) , D. Gray 1-0-5-0

O'Meagher is so good, I love him so much.