What is a tackle????

Started by tony73, April 08, 2010, 12:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony73

May be a silly question but does anyone know what Champion Data clasify a tackle?

I am interested to know as they do score well in SC

What I am getting at is you see them in the stats but does a tackle constitute:

1. A holding the ball result? (I doubt as there arn't that many awarded)

2. A stoppage and ball up as a result?

3. Dispossesion of the ball carrier but not holding the ball?

4. An attempt that does not disposses the ball carrier?

Something to think about!

ossie85

Is an interesting question.

They probably measure it the same as kicks and marks, i.e. effective, ineffective and clanger.

Justin Bieber

pretty sure the first 2 should be counted but not sure if the other 2 are.

Alex7089

Quote from: ossie85 on April 08, 2010, 12:57:24 AM

Is an interesting question.

They probably measure it the same as kicks and marks, i.e. effective, ineffective and clanger.
I agree with ossie,if a guy is streaming down the wing and a guy tackles him and affects his disposal that should count.

Big Lance

Don't ask the umpires from the Hawks Geelong game cos they have no f'n idea.

tuos

I think they go by whether or not the person they are tackling can get an effective disposal away. For example if they are tackling the person but there arms are still free and they are able to get a disposal away to a teamate, i dont think that counts as a tackle. But if they tackle them enough so that it affects their disposal of the ball, (like going to the opposition for example) then they call that an effective tackle.

DWEBBY5

ELLsendon

Quote from: DWEBBY5 on April 08, 2010, 05:30:07 AM
I HATE UMPRIERS
. I love them, if we didn't have them then how could footy be played?

HillHero13

intresting i think effictive tackles = free kicks + tackle
                          ineffictive tackles = normal tackle points
                          clanger tackles = Free against

AFC12345

although i did luagh at the topic name, it is a very good question. As another topic was talking about it is annoying that the scoring isnt more open to the SC players.

bundyboy

still amazes me how quickly all these scores come together in a live game.

champion data must have some real gurus doing nothing but counting/deciding is it effective, ineffective, inside 50's contested, uncontested etc..etc...etc....- no way they could even watch the actual game, just the exact ball action to see who is at the bottom of all those packs  feeding out the mystery handball.....

got to love em...  go guys!!

Resch

if you use this link when watching the game (as well as FF!) it actually gives the Champion stats given live.  You will be able to see a tackle made and see if it actually is given points.

http://liveplay.championdata.com/applet.html

ossie85

Resch

Quote from: ossie85 on April 16, 2010, 05:09:29 AM

Isn't that not accurate?

Be surprised if it wasnt?  But haven't actually checked - I stick to FF!

Only gives DT too.

locknload

Good Question.
Champion Data go by the first 3, basically in those close quarters if gaj gets of the handpass before he gets hit they dont count that as a tackle. In a case over the weekend where 3 guys tackled Patty its whoever got him first.