Main Menu

Hold onto your trades!!

Started by Carnthedockers, April 07, 2010, 07:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnthedockers

Guys I cannot understand everyones rush to trade,I know prices change after this week but it's only been 2 rounds! Your premiums will come good. At the end of the season they are worth their weight in gold!

valkorum

toodledock

+0

No one gets it right 100% of the time you will inevitably have some mistakes in your team and its probably best to trade them before their value is obliterated.

Whats the point in hanging onto a fallan premium who is everyone's number one upgrade target

valkorum

And you can tell if a premium has fallen after 2 rounds?

Master Q

Quote from: valkorum on April 07, 2010, 08:08:20 AM
And you can tell if a premium has fallen after 2 rounds?
I agree

BGK

For me its not so much the premiums that bother me its more the risky mid pricers that havent paid off. Tippet, Medhurst and Hall all come to mind. They may come good but there are other options performing well. For me I would say this week will be a double trade. Really wishing I had picked up Browny. But each to their own opinion.

thornz23

I say u use a couple of trades if u have someone who is going to go down drastically such as clarke, tippet, hall etc then just trade them out for a cheap player thats gna go up alot. Then after 3 or 4 more rounds the money u have saved plus the money u have made from your new player going up will probably allow you to upgrade them to a premium that is worth say 100k more than ure original player. hence uv made a upgrade on a mid range player to a premium only using 2 trades

Master Q

Quote from: thornz23 on April 07, 2010, 08:19:16 AM
I say u use a couple of trades if u have someone who is going to go down drastically such as clarke, tippet, hall etc then just trade them out for a cheap player thats gna go up alot. Then after 3 or 4 more rounds the money u have saved plus the money u have made from your new player going up will probably allow you to upgrade them to a premium that is worth say 100k more than ure original player. hence uv made a upgrade on a mid range player to a premium only using 2 trades
That's called trade burning :P

valkorum

Yes it is Q, but it still a strategy that uses 2 trades to upgrade a player.  I dont mind the idea if you are just doing this with 1 player.

Master Q

Slashers

Quote from: Master Q on April 07, 2010, 08:22:53 AM
That's called trade burning :P
Are you saying you personally wont need to do this at several stages in the year?

Master Q

Of course i will Sween, but it's round 2 ;) I actually did 2 trades this round but i wasn't burning.

BGK

Why do people do their trades so early in the week. What happens if there is a mishap at training and your player goes down. Why not wait until at least the teams get named?

Slashers

I'll explain why I asked after you explain what Sween means from where you come from?