SC Points?

Started by Turbo, April 07, 2010, 03:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo

Did anyone notice that the points from the Hawthorn v Geelong game were very lop-sided?  For a game which was decided in the final minutes, there was a lot of Geelong players that got 100+ (8) and none for Hawthorn.

Personally, I was at the game and thought that both Hodge and Mitchell had 100+ games as they were clearly Hawthorn's two best players.  I get home to see that Mitchell only scored 64 points, despite being named by most judges as one of the best 3 players on the ground.

I know that Mitchell gave away three free kicks, but 30 touches, 9 marks, a goal and countless hardball gets would indicate a better game than 64 points.

Any thoughts welcomed, thanks.

The_Dohnut

Mm, yes....Mitchell should have scored more imo

tom_scully

Seems to me that half the SC are just made up. For example why should Leon Davis' last goal against Melbourne be worth more than any other goal match. In a one point game every goal is a "match winner" and of equal importance. Just part of the system you have to accept. But it still kicks a** over DT.

alman

Quote from: tom_scully on April 07, 2010, 04:05:16 AM
Seems to me that half the SC are just made up. For example why should Leon Davis' last goal against Melbourne be worth more than any other goal match. In a one point game every goal is a "match winner" and of equal importance. Just part of the system you have to accept. But it still kicks a** over DT.

Hell yeah! Didn't even bother with DT this year!

Turbo

Completely agree, DT is sh1te!

They do award points to the most influential players on a match, and I would've thought that Mitchell was very influential on the match.

I think maybe the guys at Champion Data don't have him in their teams!

gonzales

Great point Turbo.  I couldn't believe the scores when I saw them after the game.  SC is a joke, Mitchell and Hodge are good cases.  What if Hawthorn had won by three points, kicked two very late goals.  Would the scores be that far apart still??

I reckon the nerds behind those SC scores are protecting their own players!

MalteserMan

Quote from: Turbo on April 07, 2010, 03:42:56 AM
Did anyone notice that the points from the Hawthorn v Geelong game were very lop-sided?  For a game which was decided in the final minutes, there was a lot of Geelong players that got 100+ (8) and none for Hawthorn.

Personally, I was at the game and thought that both Hodge and Mitchell had 100+ games as they were clearly Hawthorn's two best players.  I get home to see that Mitchell only scored 64 points, despite being named by
most judges as one of the best 3 players on the ground.

I know that Mitchell gave away three free kicks, but 30 touches, 9 marks, a goal and countless hardball gets would indicate a better game than 64 points.

Any thoughts welcomed, thanks.

His 30 touches also included a bunch of ineffective kicks and turn overs. In the paper it said he 'gained the most ground', but this is mostly because he grabbed the ball and kicked it forward to either no one or a pack and it didnt always pay off.

I was also there and thought he would have gone way past 100pts but when I got home :(

sparky

i agree, Mitchell played really well, but he did have 6 clangers, which is -48 points in supercoach. So really, if he didnt have them he would have got 112. and 3 FA dont help him either, thats another -12.
so he could have ended with 124

Master Q

I want to see some icons for that match :-\

Alex7089

SCscores are determined a lot by when a match is won, Geelong won the match in the second half and Mitchellgot just 9 disposals in the 2nd half, and didn't really affect the game therefore he didn't score well.

Pravis

I had Mitchell last year and in some games last year he didn't score anywhere near i thought he would. And in other games he would score way over. He had a 28 touch game and got 144 for example.
He seriously is the only player i know that has weird ups and downs like that. He is like Goodwin, just scores phenomenally in SC compared to his DT and stats. But Mitchell is up and down

reesbr

i have mitchell! thought he dominated

gonzales

I too thought he tony dodemaided

HillHero13

mitchell dominated 1st qtr but just stopped 12 sc points in 3qtrs

Cool9

This is why I never have Mitchell in my team. Needs to rack up a hell of a lot of disposals to score well ... a bit like Stanton and Kane Cornes. Sort of a 'link up' player, lots of cheapish kicks but not really very damaging. Kicks bugger all goals for an elite midfielder