Main Menu

Dockers the real deal?

Started by nick33, April 06, 2010, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick33

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/04/06/have-the-fremantle-dockers-finally-arrived-2/
the dockers have been good so far this season ,but are they the real deal. prob not, but maybe top8.
this story says its just good for those freo fans, whove had such a hard time for so long.

HillHero13

hey will run out of legs throughout the season withost rookies playing midfield freo are reling too much on thier rookies what happens if they get injured or they have an off day... there have been 2 games were silvagni and barlow have been good but rookies can't go a whole season like that

valkorum

Maybe the first year rookies may not be able to make the end of the season, but the likes of Barlow, Silvagni, Ballantyne should be able to play a full season.  Remember that these players have been playing full seasons in the VFL/WAFL for the last few years

Blakeyboy88

Mate, it's only round 3. You can't say anything about any teams yet.
Except North Melbourne.
FAIL

ELLsendon

I just reckon the teams that they played, on the day, played terrible. We will see this week against Geelong. Will they be able to go 4 quarters with the cats?

valkorum

The 2 teams we have played were terrible because of the pressure we put on them.  Although I agree that its way to early to be jumping up and down, but I believe we can go well against the Cats. 

The Cats havent played "typical Geelong footy" in the first 3 quarters of the both games so far but have still been in the mix (thats a sign of a quality team).  They have stormed home to win both games.  The dockers have turned the table and have played stronger in the 4th quarter to seal the game.

I think that Geelong will prob play a reasonable game for 3 quarters and come home strong again, the question is can the Dockers survive the pressure and repeat the effort of the first 2 rounds. 

ossie85

No doubt the Dockers have been very good. Winning away was especially good.

Sandi provides so much structure, and don't seem like easy beats anymore.

valkorum

Sandi has been good for the last couple of years, we just never had a midfield that could benefit from his dominance.

valkorum

Add in that Mooney and Scarlet will most likely be out for this game, where as Freo will most likely llose Ibbotson for this week (injury)

Big_Cox14

We will see after the next couple of weeks when they verse the Cats & Saints. However, I was impressed with their win away from home against the bombers and the way they won.

It's about time they recruited some players with football smarts (Barlow, Silvagni, Broughton, Ballantyne) and developed the kids instead of looking for short cuts by recruiting recycled players past their best.

Before round 1, I predicted that the Dockers would finish just outside the 8. But if they keep up their good form, I think that they are definitely good enough for top 8. They have to be a reasonable chance at home this week where the cats will most likely be missing Scarlett & Mooney.

valkorum

I think we are a fighting chance against Geelong this week.  I dont like our chances the following week against the Saints.

valkorum

The Saints game is at Etihad too

CFC 1979

Quote from: valkorum on April 08, 2010, 02:58:51 PM
The Saints game is at Etihad too

every saints game is at etihad  :D

snap it

Maybe Glen Jacovich was right in what he said about the dockers

jr0ck88

Im going to the game. I cant expect them to win, but I hope they can be competitive. They have come out firing with a new game plan which revolves around moving the ball forward at all costs and mainting ruthless forward pressure to keep possession until they goal.  The big hole ive noticed is their ability to transfer to a defensive play. When theres a turnover and the ball is moved quickly into the opponents forward 50, they still look very vulnerbale. Not so much against the key forwards, but the smalaler types.  Johnson, Chapman, Byrnes may have a field day on Sunday.  Gotta rely on Fremantles midfielders to hold their own.  I expect the matchups will be Ablett/Crowley, Ling/Barlow, Bartel/Mundy, with Ablett pushing forward to expose Crowley. Ottens and Blake dominated Renouf last week, Sandliands needs to hold his own all day.

Im rambling.  Should be a good game :D