Why not trade, Prospector?

Started by RipnRun, April 05, 2010, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RipnRun

Hey Mate, why are you so against trading this early on?

I know trades are like gold and so on but if you feel youve made a mistake with your initial lineup, wouldnt this be an ideal time to try and fix that? (With prices set to rise and fall, leagues getting underway shortly and what not.)

Ive seen you jumping from thread to thread telling people to hold on and not to trade yet, and am curious as to why youre so against it.

Not having a crack at you either, just interested.

Btw im thinking of trading Tippett... lol  ;)

thornz23

yeh im with u man. I am just gonna make the one trade being hargrave out malceski in. I think hargrave will probly pick it up but atm he's gonna go down alot and malceski is gonna go up so if i trade him out this week, taking into account the decrease in price for hargrave and increase for malceski, i'll probly make about 100-125k then next week ill just upgrade malceski to another premium and iv made 100k to use elsewhere..

ossie85

I have no problem doing two trades after round 2 to try and take advantage of the thousands of bubble players, but you shouldn't really trade premiums after only 2 rounds.

brownmans muffins

what about the 2 cheeky 'selection correction' trades... some of the players i DON'T have: malceski, kreuzer, j.brown VS some of the players i DO have: clark, harvey, hall makes a pretty compelling case for a quick 2-trade tune-up of the team, but only if i think i've made crucial blunders with potential one-hit wonders (clark) or old guys on bad teams (harvey) where there are solid replacements with better youth & pedigree (kreuzer) and general champion toughness (j.brown).

Resch

I have been playing for 4 years.  In each year the trades I have regretted the most have been the first ones.  The "tune up" ones.

When you have 20 trades they are so easy to justify to yourself.

You need someone saying "don't trade" so at least you really consider it before you do.  But in the wash up, it is you that presses the trade button when you want to.

Also remember, it has been a relatively injury free start to the year, but injuries will happen

korza

@ripnrun

I agree with you if its not right fix it. And Tippitt is a dud glad i dont have him.

tom_scully

Yes, this is the time when you can admit you (I) made a mistake taking a punt on Hall and Hille and trade them out for players with better prospects. It will cost you trades, but if you don't do it now it could cost you trades, points and cash in the next few weeks. Best trade I made last year was raines for Gilbert in rnd 1.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 05, 2010, 08:02:25 PM
I have no problem doing two trades after round 2 to try and take advantage of the thousands of bubble players, but you shouldn't really trade premiums after only 2 rounds.
totally agree. i try never to trade before round 2 only before round 3. did it last year and set me up for the year. but try not to trade out premiums. they were chosen to be keepers so i try to keep a little faith

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 05, 2010, 11:15:39 PM
totally agree. i try never to trade before round 2 only before round 3. did it last year and set me up for the year. but try not to trade out premiums. they were chosen to be keepers so i try to keep a little faith
Yeah people need to give a little more love to their premiums, it's only human to have form slumps and if you're not confident they can score big time why id you pay the big bucks for them?

MissPiesFF

Oh my..totally agree. We all have some mid range players we would like to trade for some rookies doing really well, especially the the older rookies that have had a few years under their belt. example M.Barlow :)

Btw if prospector was in my DT I think I would make a million from him and his game play ;)

jeffery

i can't wait when to when tippet kicks 8 goals this week against melbourne

Fletch74

Quote from: jeffery on April 08, 2010, 08:09:18 AM
i can't wait when to when tippet kicks 8 goals this week against melbourne

Neither can I  ;D

Flame

ha..the ultimate pain....Which is likely..