Main Menu

Shannon Hurn

Started by Fletch74, April 04, 2010, 11:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Didn't see the bump he gave Stewart. Was it that bad?? How many weeks is he likely to be out?

Justin Bieber

yep. reminds me a little of lloyd's one on sewell. stewart ended up with a broken nose and concussion from what i read. should get more than kosi as he didn't really hurt malceski.

i would say anywhere from 3 - 8 weeks out. depends really on how the match review panel see it. and he was in my sc team :'(

Fletch74

Thanks HP. He's in my SC team as well... Didn't realise it was that bad. Ouch!!

reesbr

Kewell

Does he have any points carried over?? I can't remember the last time he was at the tribunal. If that's the case and he has no points carried over and can make an early plea I'd imagine anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: reesbr on April 04, 2010, 11:43:02 PM
damn. trade him????
i am if he is out for anymore than 4 weeks. if he is out for 3 weeks, got goose there to cover him.

Think he has a clean slate Kewell but not sure. never seen him reported before though.

reesbr

yeah same. no more than 4 weeks

gerco

According to his player profile on this site, he has never been reported, so he will have some brownie points when it comes the severity of the suspension.

Big_Cox14

Hurn goes for the ball, as does Stewart in the opposite direction. Stewart lowers body. Hurn has split second decision to go for ball or bump. Hurn has to tuck elbow in and brace himself for bump. Stewart gets hit a bit high and cops a broken nose.

I am expecting him to be suspended for 2-3 weeks, which I think is bullshower. What else was Hurn supposed to do in that situation? I mean he has to protect himself from the impact of his opponent who went in low for the ball. When I first saw Hurn go for the bump, I thought that it was a bloody good bump, but unfortunate that he collected Stewart a bit high.

As for trading Hurn. Why would you if you have decent backup bench options. Hurn is an absolute gun!

Justin Bieber

rethought my trade. might keep him instead if it is just for a month. save a trade.

the bump was fair i agree. just a little high but the thing that will hurt him the most is the injuries stewart received. tribunal looks at the medical reports and also changes the sentences according to them.

Fletch74

Quote from: Big_Cox14 on April 05, 2010, 06:32:20 PM

As for trading Hurn. Why would you if you have decent backup bench options. Hurn is an absolute gun!

I agree, no need to trade if you have Goose or Silvagni on the bench

reesbr

reesbr

gerco

ossie85

Yeah, he'll take the two. No chance of appeal