Main Menu

DT Spreadsheet

Started by nick1408, April 03, 2010, 08:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

numberwang

Paddy13

Quote from: nick1408 on April 09, 2010, 07:49:40 AM
Quote from: Paddy13 on April 09, 2010, 01:43:23 AM
nick i just thought i would tell you that your B/E formula isnt quite right!

you say enrights b/e is 82 but its actually 100 and so on!

ur sheet rocks though!

Yeah, I souldn't work out what the formula was so it is a bit out.  Once I get the correct formula I will update.  It may just be that my magic number is a bit out

also nick, not criticizing u but i found one other error...

where your drop down box for the average points per position is..... u have the total of the playing players divided by the maximum players for that position

so

for that formula, u should have

=IF(V71="Defenders",Y12/7,IF(V71="Midfielders",Y21/6,IF(V71="Rucks",Y26/2,IF(V71="Forwards",Y36/7,""))))

instead of

=IF(V71="Defenders",Y12/9,IF(V71="Midfielders",Y21/8,IF(V71="Rucks",Y26/4,IF(V71="Forwards",Y36/9,""))))

Hope that helps

nick1408

The reason I have put the total players is because at the moment there is no way to select only the players on the field so I have the total of all the players divided by the amount of players in that position.  It was a delibrate formula.  I can put in for selected players only but it will make the sheet extremely messy.  I did it for my pre-season sheet but I didn't like the clutter.  So, it is really the total of all the players divided by all the players, not the total of the playing players divided by total players. 

The sheet is designed to track the whole team, not just the selected team.  I can do it for the selected team, and it wouldn't be really hard at all.  Just a lot of clutter really.

Hope that makes sense

Master Q

How big is the sheet atm?

Paddy13

Quote from: nick1408 on April 09, 2010, 12:24:44 PM
The reason I have put the total players is because at the moment there is no way to select only the players on the field so I have the total of all the players divided by the amount of players in that position.  It was a delibrate formula.  I can put in for selected players only but it will make the sheet extremely messy.  I did it for my pre-season sheet but I didn't like the clutter.  So, it is really the total of all the players divided by all the players, not the total of the playing players divided by total players. 

The sheet is designed to track the whole team, not just the selected team.  I can do it for the selected team, and it wouldn't be really hard at all.  Just a lot of clutter really.

Hope that makes sense

not really, because what your formula is doing is dividing the total of your on field players, divided by the total amount of players in that position!
is that right??

Paddy13

Quote from: Paddy13 on April 09, 2010, 12:40:54 PM
Quote from: nick1408 on April 09, 2010, 12:24:44 PM

Hope that makes sense

not really, because what your formula is doing is dividing the total of your on field players, divided by the total amount of players in that position!
is that right??

oh no, yours is different to mine!
the red number n the right is the on field players for me, but all the players for u!!
:P

Master Q

Paddy13

open it up and see!
look at the bottom of the 1st post on the 1st page!

its kinda hard to explain!

we are talking about 2 different spreadsheets here, so here is mine!

Master Q

Yours is 768 kb, not too big.

Paddy13

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2010, 12:54:39 PM
Yours is 768 kb, not too big.
open it and tell me what u think

dilan

How accurate are your BE, i noticed a slight difference to the one that is posted up on fan footy

nick1408

Not too sure how accurate it is.  I need an exact formula before I can say it is perfect.  I think it is only down to the magic number as to the accurcy.

nick1408

Paddy13

Quote from: nick1408 on April 09, 2010, 09:39:40 PM
Not too sure how accurate it is.  I need an exact formula before I can say it is perfect.  I think it is only down to the magic number as to the accurcy.
could you maybe ask m0nty what the exact formula is??

ill start a new thread and someone might know!!

Paddy13

I found 2 different ones mate!!

((((Players Total of Last Three Rounds) / 3) x 3660) - Current Players Price) x 3/11) + Current Players Price

and

symbols:
a=player score 2 rounds previous
b=player score 1 round previous
c=breakeven score for current round
p=current player value
*=x (multiplied)

c (breakeven)
=(-1220*(a)-1220*(b)+p)/1220

you can put that formula into excel, change the symbols (except * of course) and calculate the breakeven for any player.

so for Bartel

=SUM(-1220*(114)-1220*(132)+480200)/1220

= 147.6

i don't know if either are right though!