THE LUCK FACTOR

Started by ronl, April 03, 2010, 06:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_scully

Quote from: ronl on April 03, 2010, 06:07:21 AM
We all like to pat ourselves on the back for being true wise men of the sport, but is our fate, at least to some degree, in the lap of the gods? Example: Brisbane Lions - Jonathan Brown absolutely explodes out of the blocks and blows the Brown/Fev theory to smithereens in 2 weeks, whilst 10 feet away  Mitchell Clark, a $500,000 premium ruckman plays the first 2 games like a spud rookie.
You can't call someone a premium after one good season. Paying 500k for someone who averaged 50-60 for 4 years is not bad luck.

Pravis

Tom, we have covered that already.

Alex7089

@ HP I'm Desperately hoping for  top 1000 finish this year, but with a first round score of 2130 and a lot of uniques not scoring the same as nuff nuff picks, that dream is slipping away :'( Hoping though that I can get 3 league wins, I had 2 last year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 05, 2010, 02:56:01 AM
@ HP I'm Desperately hoping for  top 1000 finish this year, but with a first round score of 2130 and a lot of uniques not scoring the same as nuff nuff picks, that dream is slipping away :'( Hoping though that I can get 3 league wins, I had 2 last year.
second round will see alot of people come crashing back down to earth as the nuff nuff picks fail. only 2 rounds in so don't give up yet. if i can climb 60,000 places last year, it is achievable by anyone :D. just need a little luck on your side ;D

ossie85

You calling me a nuff nuff Hello? ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 05, 2010, 06:37:29 AM
You calling me a nuff nuff Hello? ;)
ummm......you see........ehhhh.........

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 05, 2010, 06:36:21 AM
second round will see alot of people come crashing back down to earth as the nuff nuff picks fail. only 2 rounds in so don't give up yet. if i can climb 60,000 places last year, it is achievable by anyone :D. just need a little luck on your side ;D
Not very happy with not having Malceski...
Also not happy with Bazza, maybe a couple of correction trades are in order?
I'm hoping that maybe if Murphy can stay fit then he might replace Baz. Not looking good when you score like that against RICHMOND, I mean he had Thursfield on him.
Not looking good, so disappointed that I had Murphs for so long then got sucked in by Bazza's pre-season form.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 05, 2010, 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 05, 2010, 06:36:21 AM
second round will see alot of people come crashing back down to earth as the nuff nuff picks fail. only 2 rounds in so don't give up yet. if i can climb 60,000 places last year, it is achievable by anyone :D . just need a little luck on your side ;D
Not very happy with not having Malceski...
Also not happy with Bazza, maybe a couple of correction trades are in order?
I'm hoping that maybe if Murphy can stay fit then he might replace Baz. Not looking good when you score like that against RICHMOND, I mean he had Thursfield on him.
Not looking good, so disappointed that I had Murphs for so long then got sucked in by Bazza's pre-season form.
luck hasn't gone our way alex. likely not going to burn any trades in sc and dt ;D

Torress

yea i'm also not happy without the eski!!  and i'm a sucker who opted for clark in ruck, went for no warnock instead tippet cover with lobbe. and i do not have brown - but i scored 2258 1st week, i also have hurn and i think he is in big trouble!!!! but silvagni and maguire look adequate cover based on this week.
barry hall has been a let down - but everyone is let down here i believe. i think i'm going to stick with clark, although anyone know his BE??? that might sway me i'm not sure. and tippet - i didn't really want this guy was just for a ruck cover perspective, but the crows have been ordinary think i'll keep the faith still.
but this week is a true shocker, got 20s and 30s and 40s!!!! JZ, medders, hall, tippet - where is the love???? lol  but roo, rok, pendles, nds i'm feelin the love!!!!!

Blakeyboy88

50% luck, 50% skill
if you dont choose the right players luck wont go your way anyway, its that simple

supercoachheroes

hindsight everyone. pravis if you said that about clark BEFORE he did bad then yes i would congatulate you