Big Dilemma, need trade strategy.

Started by Pravis, April 03, 2010, 02:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pravis

Ok here is my side, my dilemma is that im thinking of trading out either Tippet or Clark to upgrade Watson to Swan. So either using Tippet or Clark as trades what would people do so i can upgrade Watson to Swan. I also don't want to downgrade to a rookie, i need a player that will play 22 rounds and score decent. I know im not asking much.

Malceski, Hodge, Enright, Goodwin, Kennelly, Hunt, Waters

Barlow, Ablett, Ball, Watson, Martin, Trengove

Sandilands, Clark

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Medhurst, Hall, Tippett

And 14K in the Kitty

This sort of trade i cant see my bench making a difference. Hence why i didn't post it.

Im not going to do this 100%, depends on Watsons score and Tippets as well, but i just want to see what people throw up anyways.

Please be as left field as you want.

ossie85

Other rookies? Shuey is a good downgrade target!

Don't get rid of Watson or Tippett just yet, they'll come good! Only one round.

Pravis

Yeah like i said its not 100%, but i just want to see what people suggest. I hope they come good cos i dont want to waste trades :(

alman

Clark to Kreuz is the obvious option - but don't think that will give you enough $$$ to get Swan from Watson.

But as Ossie said - don't trade either out just yet. Tippett will always be inconsistent and has other advantages with MPP with Lobbe in ruck when downtrade Warnock (I think the only valuable MPP this year). Watson is fit and captain and was unlucky to have the AFL's #1 tag in Ling for R1. Stanton will draw some attention away from his this week I reckon.

Pravis

Just worried about price changes. :( Kruezer will rise above Clark unless Clark pulls out a big 100+ score next week

alman

I'm in the same position with Clark. Prices rise and fall all the time with players, the question is will Clark come good or remain at ~50ppg. Most worrying thing is the fact that him and Leudenberger are sharing ruck duties 50/50. Where last year Leudenberger only played 3 matches and then missed the rest of the season with LTI. Which gave Clark more opportunity to get good scores. Am considering the Clark - Kreuz trade this week. Will give some $$$ and bar injury I won't have to trade my rucks again as have Sandi..

tom_scully

Wouldn't get rid of Watson yet.
However, Clark to Kreuz is a good option because Clark isn't a true premium anyway (only one good seson as the only ruckman) & Leuy is taking a lot of his points away.
Then keep the cash for later trades in case trengove doesn't make enough $$ as a cashcow.

alman

Quote from: tom_scully on April 03, 2010, 04:20:00 AM
Wouldn't get rid of Watson yet.
However, Clark to Kreuz is a good option because Clark isn't a true premium anyway (only one good seson as the only ruckman) & Leuy is taking a lot of his points away.
Then keep the cash for later trades in case trengove doesn't make enough $$ as a cashcow.

I've got faith that the #2 draft will start scoring better, may just be a cow that you hold on for a bit longer as you know he will play every match for the D's this season (just don't hold on to him for the whole season  :) )

Pravis

Yeah im leaning towards just trading Clark and then waiting for swans price to drop. I dont want to get rid of Watson either. I think i saw i would get 100k in the kitty and started pulling the trigger finger.

kyle9600

haha another person regretting tippet

ossie85

One game for Tippett! Give him some time!

Pravis

Im not regretting Tippet, i think i would be willing to downgrade him if i have to. I would prefer if i didn't.

HillHero13

jeffery

tippet scored thrity odd round one last year and everyone jumped off him, then he bagged 80's for most of the year! KEEP HIM!!!!!!!

DWEBBY5