Main Menu

AFL footy on Good Friday?

Started by nick33, April 02, 2010, 03:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

As a SC junky I am lost in what to do tonight with no game.

gerco

I'm an Arts student Ossie, my whole life is a public holiday.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 03, 2010, 07:17:28 AM

Hey Gerco, let's keep it respectful for other people's belief?

We are after all getting a public holiday from it.
gerco hasn't commented?

did anybody watch the 7PM project last night. Australia should have footy on Good Friday since we are not religious enough but are spiritual at the games. all said by a priest.

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 03, 2010, 10:57:55 PM
gerco hasn't commented? taking about Bluke?

did anybody watch the 7PM project last night. Australia should have footy on Good Friday since we are not religious enough but are spiritual at the games. all said by a priest.

He did, but deleted his post, which I appreciate but didn't have to do!

And there are some pretty funky priests out there!

RaisyDaisy

kilbluff1985

way to bump a thread lol  8)

Ringo

Whilst it has been announced will wait for full details as from what I heard in the press conference could be more than 1 game. 

Happy for one game on Good Friday and ideally should be a night game to respect the reasons for the day any earlier than a night start would imo be disrespectful to the day.

quinny88

This is overdue. About time they went through with it.

My guess is they are concerned with the low crowd numbers this year so are trying to create another calendar blockbuster that will get 80,000+ through the gates each year. No doubt Collingwood will somehow worm their way into it somehow

kilbluff1985

I don't see why they can't have a game at maybe 4:40pm and one at 7:40pm

Actually a double header at the same ground could be interesting and generate a bigger crowd

Edit - not really possible lol

Mailman the 2nd

This has to be a game without Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon in it

Nige

From memory North and the Dogs were two of the teams keen for this and interested in playing?

shaker

Good to see overdue they say it's a religious day and football codes and people should respect that well they don't have to watch it , same as the non religious people don't have to watch or get involved in there celebrations both on the same day if fine by me  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 16, 2014, 02:56:48 PM
way to bump a thread lol  8)

;D

Quote from: NigeyS on June 16, 2014, 05:00:23 PM
From memory North and the Dogs were two of the teams keen for this and interested in playing?

North and Carlton want to play each other, but the Doggies want in on the action too. Gil said it could rotate for the first few years, and then possibly eventuate into a regular game, like the Haw/Gee Easter Monday has over the past 5 years

SydneyRox

Dont like it, but if it goes ahead agree with Ringo, would need to be a night game to show respect for the day.

and yes congrats RD, reckon this may be the biggest bump I have ever seen!!