Main Menu

Ablett - A move north?

Started by Alex7089, April 01, 2010, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Well, with the season in sway, rumors about Ablett are in full swing.
I personally think that Ablett will sate he'll be staying about mid-season, but then at the end of the season he'll say he's moving.
I think it's to much money to ignore, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, never again will he be in this for or be wanted this much.
What do you guys think?

Sangas

IMO I do not care where he goes. I never put him in my team. Yes you may think this is stupid. But hey.. He is a great player I will not disagree on that, but unless you are a Cats supporter DT and SC wont matter.

Well actually i tell a lie there. Lets say he goes to the GC right?... does he need the full back up of the team from Cats to make himself known?. We shall see. If he goes to the GC and flops then he really isn't the player we all thought he was. And it will be more of a case of great teamwork rather than individuality.

I mean c'mon how many players in Geelong pass to Ablett if he is in range..all of them. This is how he racks up his DT and SC scores.

What if Cats decided Ablett was not the best bet to pass to? And chose another team member close by in range. Ablett would not get no where near the scores he racks up. He is over rated IMO.

Alex7089

No doubt I agree, he always sits behind the centre bounces and gets fed the ball, if he wasn't getting this I think that he would be averaging 15-20 possies a game.

ossie85

I think if Ablett was staying, he would have said so by now. The media circus is only going to build!

But I don't know the man's thought processes...

Alex7089

Quote from: ossie85 on April 02, 2010, 01:10:46 AM

I think if Ablett was staying, he would have said so by now. The media circus is only going to build!

But I don't know the man's thought processes...
LOL that's what my mum keeps saying, she hates the guy...

ossie85

I'm actually a big fan of GAJ :)

Alex7089

LOL @ the poll, who said he'd retire??

ossie85

I guess he could 'retire' and come back to the Gold Coast for free - ala Mal Michael.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 02, 2010, 01:30:31 AM
well you never know. i've seen players retire in their prime :P

i reckon half the cats team have already lost hope for him. the coaches are trying everything (literally begging him) to keep him put. kind of deperate especially if you still have a gun midfield whether he stays or goes. just save them the cap space.

i can see it now, ling on ablett round 1 next year :P

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 02, 2010, 02:18:33 AM

i reckon half the cats team have already lost hope for him. the coaches are trying everything (literally begging him) to keep him put. kind of deperate especially if you still have a gun midfield whether he stays or goes. just save them the cap space.

always wondered if Ling could stop him, I think Ablett would be to quick but the pink pig would still get him below 20 possies.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 02, 2010, 02:35:03 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 02, 2010, 02:18:33 AM

always wondered if Ling could stop him, I think Ablett would be to quick but the pink pig would still get him below 20 possies.

who wouldn't want to see ablett tagged out of a game for once ;D

Alex7089

Would be so sweet, he would probably cry at half time!

MissPiesFF

I can feel his head getting even bigger now...gawd.

Master Q

IMHO, i think the Ablett family is a legacy at the club which i think will give an extra pull for him to stay at the club. I reckon he'll stay, doesn't seem like a person who just goes for the money, he loves the club. The Club Loves him. He's staying.

CFC 1979

It's easy

Frank Costa last year as pres

Frank moves on

Frank pays GAJ 3 million a year to pick fruit

Frank not club sponser

GC then get Leigh Brown as marque player ( sssssspppppppppuuuuudddddd)