First timer's ranks and scores

Started by spike#12, March 30, 2010, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSelwood14

IN your first year you just do the best you can, but u don't REally know how to manage a great team yet probably.
Just learn as much as you can and set yourself up for a big 2nd year!

elxam

Yeah SJ, if anything ... after finishing 26k last year i'm now sitting 230 after a pretty good rd finishing 52 for the week
hoping to stay around there till the end

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Iceman2151 on April 20, 2010, 05:20:32 AM
Hey guys, I got a few friends who are first timers this year, and with me being a 2nd i was really wondering, cause they keep asking whats a good overall position for them to finish in?
They are all taking it seriously so it would be nice to get some info from more seasoned pros. Thanks in advance
Nothing is certain last year I ranked in the top 1k all year hitting ranks of 18 and 64 and with a win of weekly score. But look at me this year??!!!!!! I am ranked in the 50k mark

Flame

elxam

luck plays a big part in this, probably more than 50%.

just got lucky with the rookies in the back and forward this year. next year, using the same theory, can be totally different.

Boomz

Quote from: elxam on April 29, 2010, 03:42:18 PM

just got lucky with the rookies in the back and forward this year. next year, using the same theory, can be totally different.

Yeah its pretty much about luck and knowing your stuff as well of course...

Pav29

Thats good for first yearer..I am a first yearer myself but you couldt tell.

Pav29

Thats Preety good.I am first yearer but am beating my second year friends..lol

Spite

Quote from: elxam on April 29, 2010, 03:42:18 PM

50% is a bit high don't you think?

It all directly corresponds with the amount of research you put into your team in the pre-season :)

First timers just have to learn the game. I'd say top 10k and learning how to hold your spot is good for a second year. 3rd year, you have to crack the top 1500 mark.

I've been around the top 2000 for 3 seasons now, I would hope it's not luck! (So far rank 320, this season)

elephants

i am 25 k and pretty pissed

i sort of am a 1st yr dter cos i did a lock and leave till round 10 last year   :O

elxam

i heard some exprienced DT heads even suggested that it'smore than 80% luck...

anyway, you are right everything is relative. if you stick to some tried and tested rules and do as much research as you possibly can then the rest can sort itself out.

after finishing in the mid 20k, equiped with some experience i played in the finals DT and absolutely whipped everyone in our comp.

coming into this year i reminded them how i went in the finals DT they said they didn't put too much effort into it so my win was a bit hallow ...

but now, i'm leading the comp again after 5 rounds by nearly 500 points using the least number of trades and motoring along ok ....

so definitely experience and research has helped a lot but i have to say if next week i'm hit by injuries to 2-3 premiums then it's all back to square one for the year. It will then boil down to luck.