are you making any trades this week?

Started by steven_ora, March 30, 2010, 01:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven_ora

are you making any trades this week?

i dont think i am i will probly use mpp to switch tippet with lobbe to cover for hille.

Alex7089

Nobody should, round 1 just finished and there's no LTI's so no.

Justin Bieber

I have no injury worries and i have cover for gray if he decides to rest for another week (hoping he doesn't though).

had a few bad performers last round but won't doubt them.

Arky

Not unless there's an LTI on the training track this week, God forbid.  AFAIK there's no LTIs from this round and I wouldn't think any long suspensions, although you never know.

yorgis

why is everyone talking about  trades when the actual competition doesnt start till round 4. sure, hille may get suspended but why would you worry about mpp.when your score doesnt count [or does it] sorry im still new to DT and dont understand why. yeah robbie gray was injured but what does it matter ,long as hes available round 4 by the wal all my rookies emergencies scored more than my worst performing players on the field

Justin Bieber

overall ranking starts round 1. league head to head matches start round 4.

even then, this is the sc board.

Blueboys

Too many panic trades! lol

No one should be trading in the first 3-4 weeks unless your player is long term injury, it's just a dumb move.  ;D

Maca24

not neccesarily blueboys. a couple of trades a week before the price change can really set you up.
say if i had masten and if he underperforms again next week then i would be trading him out for barlow.
that trade would be worth it no doubt

Hippo

yorgis

hard enough having only 20 trades for 19 rounds let alone 22

Blueboys

Quote from: Maca24 on March 30, 2010, 03:15:31 AM
not neccesarily blueboys. a couple of trades a week before the price change can really set you up.
say if i had masten and if he underperforms again next week then i would be trading him out for barlow.
that trade would be worth it no doubt

And if you don't have barlow from the start you really need help!

I still wouldn't do this trade until the price change week, which is the 3-4 week period. Nothing to gain from the first few weeks except burnt trades, hope people in my league are in a panic to trade! lol  ;D

bootsdog

i agree you can make a smart trade now if you realise you have the wrong rookie..but only if you really need

Blueboys

kazam

and u especially dont make trades on a monday

sid3bysid3

yeah im sitting tight. i had a few under performers and a few massive performers (o'brien, barlow, stanton).

i never trade rd 1 but if it looks like im going to lose cash on a player under performing i might trade him end of rd 2 to someone who is going to score big and fly high! e.g if goodwin has a downer and rhys shaw or malceski have a flyer its tempting to get the downgrade cash and potentially the player will score the same if not better.

i've gambled on starting 3 rookie mids and i've kept 300,000 in the bank to upgrade 2 cashies at the end of rd 3 to hopefully an underperforming ablett. scored 2,354 so if i keep that up hopefully by rd 3 i can push 2,500 weekly :) still worreid bout burning trades though! hopefully the injury gods are kind to me