Rule Discussion 2024- 2025

Started by Ringo, September 02, 2024, 04:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Suggested rule changes for 2024/25 to be lodged here

Rule suggestion drafts:
We combine all drafts into one draft to include Left over players from previous years, National Draft, Rookie Draft and de-listed players.

At conclusion of Trade Period we have the Free Agency (already in rules where clubs can de list players for a player left over from Drafts.

Feel free to discuss as need to decide before drafts.

Rule 1
We combine all drafts into one draft to include Left over players from previous years, National Draft, Rookie Draft and de-listed players.
(a) Yes
(b) Keep as is

Rule 2
Increase list sizes to 54
a) Yes
b) Keep as is

Rule 3
Allow trading of future picks
a) Yes
b) No.

SydneyRox

I am not in favour of this, i feel like the two drafts help the lower teams get two bites at players. Where as in a single draft, stronger teams could cherry pick players. Not to mention in previous years (i have only been back for one so not sure on how busy trades have been) Rookie draft picks (at least the 1st round) had some value, these would dissappear altogether, removing another tool for the lower placed teams to improve.

** spoken as a lower placed team coach!! :P

Ringo

2nd Suggestion Is it worth while increasing list sizes to 54 or leave at 50.

We currently have 208 players left over from last year so would only be taking up 72 extra.  Depending on rule change for drafts propose to add 4 picks to draft or if fails extra 1 pick to National draft and 3 to Rookie Draft. Reasoning adding to rookie draft it is always a lottery as to how many picks are taken in AFL Draft so prefer to just add to rookie draft.  having 5 picks in national draft will require minimum of 60 players plcked in the AFL Draft.

So basically discussion is do we increase team lists by 4 or not.

SydneyRox

cant see any issues with that, as long as the AFL site allows list sizes that large?

SydneyRox

Is a team name change something that needs approval? I keep forgetting my own team name (blackpool was so much easier!)

Ringo

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 03, 2024, 04:39:59 PMIs a team name change something that needs approval? I keep forgetting my own team name (blackpool was so much easier!)
Team names do not need a vote just approval from admin.

SydneyRox

Cant be rude or offending? Or is that the preference!!?? :P

SilverLion

Can we please fix the scoring for next year? Hahaha

SilverLion

Quote from: SilverLion on September 04, 2024, 07:32:37 PMCan we please fix the scoring for next year? Hahaha
On top this, I'd like to suggest being able to trade future picks.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on September 04, 2024, 07:32:37 PMCan we please fix the scoring for next year? Hahaha

Here is the scoring list so any adjustments required please discuss and no we will not boost goals.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on September 05, 2024, 11:28:40 AM

Here is the scoring list so any adjustments required please discuss and no we will not boost goals.

If that's the one from the rule thread, that's correct. But that's not what we used this year, the scoring was glitched and you weren't able to correct it mid-season as I recall.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on September 05, 2024, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Ringo on September 05, 2024, 11:28:40 AM

If that's the one from the rule thread, that's correct. But that's not what we used this year, the scoring was glitched and you weren't able to correct it mid-season as I recall.
Correct so posting here for verification and to ensure it is correct at start of season.

////////////////////

I suggest bringing in a rule that states that you can't have any player on your list for more than 3 years consecutively, except for one player of your choosing. It'll force the trade period to be lively.